The Perfect Combination

Chapter 18

I kept on re-reading the message, trying to digest what he was saying. Sergio Ramos was in love with me and as wrong as it was, considering my current situation, I was in love with him too.

"Babe what does the message say?" Fernando asked as I finally tore my eyes away from my phone.

"It-It’s not important" I answered trying to brush the message off.

"Are you sure?" he asked uncertainly.

I nodded firmly.

"Ok, if you say so. So do you want to do anything else today?" he asked considering I had already spent the morning at the doctors. "And shopping isn’t an option" he added jokingly.

I pretended to pout before answering.

"Maybe we could take a ride around the city and you could show me your favorite places in Madrid?" I asked in an attempt to prove to myself that being with Fernando was a better option than being with Sergio.

"Yeah that sounds amazing" he answered with a wide smile as he stood up from the couch we were sitting on. "Let me change my shirt and we can leave".

I waited patiently downstairs as he did what he needed to do and when he was finally done we began to make our way around town and he showed me all his favorite places in the city.

The tour included a stop to his old apartment building that he and his family lived in before he bought them a house. We also went to his old club’s training facility and he told me stories about some of the things he and his teammates got up too.

There were many other places we went to including a park and a few random buildings that he went to when he wanted privacy. The last destination he took me to was surprisingly the Santiago Bernabue.

"What are we doing here?" I asked surprisingly as he switched off the car and went out of it. He made his way to my side as he took my hand and led me out.

"It’s a surprise" he answered with a mischievous grin.

We walked silently around the stadium before we got to the stands were all the home fans sit.

"Fernando seriously what are we doing here" I asked as we took a seat.

"I wanted to show you my favorite spot in Madrid" he answered.

"The fan section of the Bernabue, your rival club’s stadium?" I questioned slightly confused.

"It’s not the stadium that makes this place my favorite" he stated as he looked me in the eye. "It’s the seats that have such a special significance. Nati, these are the seats you were sitting on the day I first saw you. I love this specific spot in this rather average stadium" he joked "because of you. Despite how much hate I have for the club who play here, I can’t hate this place because of you" he admitted as he kissed me.

The kiss started off sweet and light but once I opened my mouth a little wider, Fernando took that opportunity to slip his tongue in as he began to french me. I have to admit for all the sweetness Fernando exuded, when it came to kissing the man was a damn good kisser. And as we kept on kissing, I began to moan under our kiss. But before anything more could happen I pulled away as I tried to catch my breath.

"Wow" was all I could say.

He laughed at this before he kissed my cheek and took my hand as he signaled that we should stand up.

"How about we get some dinner before heading back home?"

I nodded at this and turned around to leave with Fernando. However our movements were halted when we saw a rather fuming Sergio standing at the top of the stairs.

"Hey Sergio" Fernando greeted without batting an eyelid.

Sergio nodded his head in acknowledgement before he greeted me.

"Hey Lia" he greeted with a smile.

"Hi" I squeaked out.

"So what were you two doing here?" he asked casually while starring at my and Fernando’s interlocked hands.

"We were just checking out my favorite Madrid sights and anyway what are you doing here?" Fernando fired back.

Sergio seemed taken aback at his tone before he questioned.

"Your favorite sights? It’s always about you isn’t Torres?! You know when our children are born you will probably have to learn to be less selfish. And not that it’s any of your business but we had a late training session before the quarterfinals against Bayern. You know the champions league right Freckles? It’s that competition your club doesn’t play in anymore" Sergio challenged.

Fernando tensed his jaw and opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him.

"Sergio please" I pleaded. "We are just trying to enjoy a quiet night with no trouble" I told him in an attempt to get him to back down.

"I apologize" he said as he took a deep breath. "I hope you have a wonderful rest of your evening" he said with a smile as he made way for us to pass him at the top of the stairs.

As we began walking towards the exit of the stadium and the car, my cellphone beeped indicating a new message.

I take it from the fact that you and freckles are still together, that you haven’t told him. But that’s okay because I understand that you are probably scared. But so am I and I want to reassure you that no matter how afraid I am I will always be there for you. I love you - Sergio.

~

The next day I woke up to a hand delivered bouquet of pink roses.

With a note simply stating ‘I love you’.

"Who are those from?" Fernando asked as he descended down the stairs.

"I don’t know" I lied. "They didn’t leave a name"

"Probably some obsessed fan" he teased as he gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah" I nodded. "The kicking was kept to a minimum. Thankfully" I joked as I rubbed my belly.

"Would you like something special for breakfast" he asked before turning towards the fridge.

"Uhm nothing for me actually"

He turned around with a raised eyebrow, interested to know why I had turned down food.

"I’m going round to Sergio’s place" I admitted. "I just wanted to talk with him before my flight to New York tonight".

Fernando flinched at what I said before he answered.

"Ohk well have fun" he attempted a smile. "Call me if you need…anything".

I nodded and said yes before going upstairs to take a shower and change.

The decision to visit Sergio was an impromptu one but one that was necessary in order to figure out where we go from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just in case your interested, you probably aren’t but anyway, Fernando and Natalia don’t sleep in the same room for many reason but one of them being that I would find it weird writing about her sleeping with one man when she’s 7 months pregnant with another man child. But anyway that just me.

To be continued...