The Perfect Combination

Chapter 2

“You heard me,” she began, “I want to have a baby and I want you to give it to me”.

Sergio took a while to process what she had just said before he replied.

“Lia, this is absurd. I want you to forgive me but this is just going overboard.”

“I know it sounds crazy but I’ve been thinking about this for a while. I just haven’t found a way to tell you about it”, she confessed as the car came to a halt in Sergio’s driveway.

They unpacked her bags from the boot, carried them upstairs and while in the guest bedroom, which was Natalia’s room when she was visiting him, continued their discussion.

“Lia, I don’t understand. You’re a successful fashion designer, have more money than some nations and are probably of of the most beautiful woman around. Why have a baby now?. You’ve got plenty of time to find Mr right and have a family with him.” Sergio tried to reason with her.

“Yeah I know what I have and I’m very thankful for that but its not enough.” she answered back.

“What does that mean?” he replied while taking a seat next to her.

“I’m lonely Sergio, that’s what it means. I go home to this humongous house that has the latest gadgets and all the fancy trimmings that money can buy, yet when I wake up in the middle of the night there’s no one there to talk to” she admitted.

“Get a dog, they are great listeners,” he joked.

“This isn’t funny Sergio. I’m not like you, I can’t have a new partner in my bed every few nights and consider that to be a healthy and successful relationship. I want someone to take care off and share my life with.” She said once again, this time fighting back tears.

Sergio didn’t notice her teary state as he continued by defending his bachelor lifestyle,”hey don’t diss my way of emotional connections until you’ve tried it" he started, ” but I don’t get why you don’t just try finding a guy first before having a baby”, he ended.

“I’m tired of looking Sergio, need I remind you what happened between me and Max?.” Natalia began.

“Oh I remember”

“I just want a chance to share everything I have with someone who wont leave and a baby would do just that for me. So please help me make my dream come true?.” She began to plead.”Its not like your gonna use your sperm to procreate anyway. We both know you never want to settle down or have kids, despite what you tell the media and your fans”.

“Its just…” he began to argue.

“Look Sergio, don’t think because I’m asking you to give me a baby, I’m expecting us to play happy families.” She explained.

“OK, but what role would I play in this child’s life then” he asked intrigued.

“None, whatsoever. Once I’ve had the baby, I’m moving to LA permanently You would never have to see us again.” She declared.

“What do you mean I’d never see you again?” He questioned, anger beginning to rise within him.

“I mean once you and me have successfully created the perfect human being. Who will have your looks and obviously my brains, I’m going to relocate to the States so you wont have to see him or her again.” She said without batting an eye lid.

“But what about our friendship and your family and…” he tried to reason.

“My family will still be in my life. You just wont. I don’t mean to sound selfish Sergio but I want to have this baby to myself. I’d miss our crazy talks and your annoying habits but once that baby comes, I’m not taking a chance on you wanting access to him. I’m leaving and never coming back” she explained to him.

“Its really that simple for you?! We sleep together, I get you pregnant. You stick around for nine months and after he or she is born, you pack up your things and I never hear from you again?” he questioned.

“Well…. yeah. except for the sleeping together part. I really don’t need to see you naked for me to fall pregnant…”

“Well how are you going to fall pregnant if we don’t have sex, Miss-Know-It-All?”, he began to question,”maybe you weren’t paying attention in health class but in order for a baby to be created two people need to do the horizontal mambo first.” He proudly stated.

Natalia stared back at him with a blank face, as if questioning if he really was as stupid as he looked in that exact moment.

She slowly blinked her self out of her daze before she replied, “first of all its biology class and not health. Secondly, we do not need to have sex to create a baby, we only need for your sperm and my egg to merge in order to fall pregnant…” she began to explain.

“And how are we going to do that without having sex,” he challenged by raising an eyebrow that seemed to dare her to prove him wrong.

“That’s easy. We are going to use artificial insemination to get me pregnant"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...