The Perfect Combination

Chapter 29

"Good morning" I greet Lia as she walks into the kitchen at noon.

She gives me a stern look before she heads to the fridge and takes out a prepared bowl of fruit salad. She makes sure to nudge me out of the way several times before sitting down and eating her first meal of the day.

"Sleep well?" I ask in an attempt to get her to talk to me.

She rolls her eyes at my question as she continues to eat.

"Lia, you know you have to talk to me at some point" I try to reason as I take the seat opposite hers.

This action seems to piss her off to no end as she stands up abruptly from her chair and heads back up the stairs.

Once she is out of sight, I curse out aloud before I key in the numbers of the only person who I know can help.

`

I knew the silent treatment I was giving Sergio couldn’t last forever, but so long as me and him had to co-habitate on this island, there would be no friendly conversation.

"Hey bubba" I answer Salma as she cries and disrupts my thoughts.

I headed straight for the spare room the twins were occupying when I walked away from Sergio and if I knew that man the way I thought I did, he’d probably follow me up here just to force a conversation.

"Ms. Natalia?" the nanny Vania, calls as she walks in. "Mr. Sergio says you need me to look after the twins for a little while?" she informs me and I’m slightly taken aback.

"No I didn’t request your assistance today" I tell her as I try to calm an agitated Salma down. "I think there has been some mistake"

However, Vania shakes her head in defiance to my answer.

"No problem. Mr. Ramos gave me strict instructs that I am to look after the twins while you spend the day at the spa"

She announces and I feel a small smile break out.

"Well if he insists" I begin to speak, as I kiss Salma and check on a sleeping Jose. "Who am I to argue?" I conclude as I hand her the baby.

She smiles at me when I do this and I take the opportunity to leave the spare room and walk to the main bedroom.

When I get there I find a letter from Sergio lying on the bed.

-I know you are still very angry with me but I had pre-planned for you to have a spa day and I’m hoping you’ll take me up on my invitation.

I just want you to have fun on this holiday and contrary to what you believe I’m at my happiest when you’re happy.

Love Sergio

I roll my eyes at his sign off but I don’t let that stop me from getting changed and heading out for my day of pampering.

`

"We have arrived" the driver Sergio has hired informs me.

When I’m outside the car I take a look around to realize we are at an unknown location and there is no one around.

"Uhm are you sure we are in the right location?" I question the driver, who is now back behind the wheel.

He nods his head as he starts the car and tells me to enjoy my night before he drives off.

I attempt to stop him but he is too far to actually hear me and I let out a frustrated sigh.

My day had been extremely enjoyable until now and I could tell Sergio had gone all out to make sure all my needs where taken care off. This included me enjoying back, neck and foot massages. Manicures and Pedicures. Waxing in areas I had neglected to take care off as well as a beauty treatment which included me getting a new hairstyle and a full makeover.

However the best part was when I was handed a skin-tight red dress for a dinner with a ‘mystery man’.

I knew the man was Sergio and it was probably his way of apologizing, yet again. And I would obviously not forgive him because he humiliated me however the imagine of me in this smoking hot outfit was bound to let him see what he would be missing from here on out.

"Lia?" a voice spoke, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mmmmm" I answer as I turn to see who it was. I roll my eyes at him before I speak.

"What am I doing here?"

"Follow me and find out" he answers, undeterred by my rather rude attitude.

I take his outstretched hand and allow him to lead me to where ever we are going. We make the short trip in silence before he speaks.

"You look amazing, by the way"

"I know" I answer a little smugly in an attempt to make this harder for him.

He laughs at my arrogance before leading me to a table that has been set along the beach front.

"What’s going on here?" I ask as Sergio pulls out my chair for me to sit.

He says nothing as he takes his own seat and nod’s for the waiter to bring in starters.

"I love you" he states just as the waiter puts our dishes down.

I snorted at this before I dig into my Greek salad starter. We eat the meal in silence for a few minutes before I speak.

"You know you don’t have to suffer through vegetables for me?!"

He shrugs.

"People suffer through worse for the ones they love. And anyway it’s your favorite starter, why wouldn’t I want to share it with you"

I have to control the smile that threatens to break out before I whisper out a nonchalant ‘whatever’.

Sergio keeps stealing glances at me without saying anything back and soon our main course is served.

My mouth waters when I realize he has ordered lasagna. This is my favorite meal and Sergio knows that despite me not being able to stomach pasta during my pregnancy, I have an absolute obsession with it.

I dig into the meal without saying anything and he does like wise. However once the meal is over I swallow my pride and thank him.

"It’s nothing" he answers dismissively.

"Yes it is. Here I am being rude and mean to you, punishing you for something stupid when all you’ve done is try to please me"

"And I’m not done trying" he says as he pulls out three boxes from his pocket.

The first being a square box that he push’s towards me.

"Open it"

I give him a questioning look before opening it. Inside lays a bracelet with 4 charms.

"A little cheap on the charms" I joke as I assess the bracelet.

"No actually, I have four for a reason" he says and I look at him as encouragement to carry on. "Well the first one is a football because well I’m a footballer duh." he jokes as I roll my eyes "I’m joking but if you remember properly the first time we met was when I accidentally kicked a ball through your bedroom window"

I laugh at the memory as he starts explaining the reason behind the second charm.

"The ice-cream is because of the day we were walking home and I accidentally dropped my ice cream and you gave me yours. If I’m honest with myself that the day was the day I fell in love with you but I didn’t want to tell you"

"The third charm" he begins as I reach up to wipe a stray tear off my cheek "is a heart because, well, that’s what you are to me. Lia, you are my heart. I used to think I didn’t need anyone and being alone was what I wanted but you’ve shown me every day what love is and for that reason I need you to understand that this thing right here" he says as he points at his heart "It beats for you and those two kids"

When he says that I full-on start sobbing and he stands up off his chair to comfort me.

"What the fourth one for?" I ask him once I have managed to pull myself together.

"The ‘R’? Its stands for our family. The Ramos family, and it’s the fourth one because 4 has always been our number. It’s the number of people in our little family. The number of kids I want us to have and of course the number of orgasms I plan on giving you every night" he jokes as I bend down to give him a kiss.

When I pull away, he has the biggest smile on his face.

"This doesn’t mean I forgive you" I announce and I see his smile falter.

"Well maybe this will make you forgive me?" he tells me as he reaches for the second square box and hands it to me.

I unwrap it only to be confronted by a second box within it. I unwrap that box, to only find another box.

"If all I’m gonna be doing is finding empty boxes, then we might as well stop" I say in an annoyed manner and he laughs.

"Just open that and you’ll finally see it"

I do as I’m instructed and when I open the box I see a canary diamond ring nestled within it.

I open my mouth to say something but Sergio beats me to it by getting down on one knee.

"Now before you start crying about how I stole your proposal idea, I want you to know I have been planning this for the past two weeks and that’s why I said no. But moving on, Natalia Ramirez" he proclaims as he take’s my right hand in his

"You are the most stubborn and frustrating woman I have meet and some days I really want to kill you but I don’t and you wanna know why?! It’s because I’m completely, unashamedly and stupidly in love with you. I love how when you’re angry you nostrils flair up and how when you blush, your dimples show. I also love how when you smile, you make my heart swell up three times in size. It’s not just your brains and looks that make me love you but the fact that you’re the mother to my kids. For all those reasons and many, many more that my love for you is unbreakable. So having said that, I’m asking you Natalia Selena Ramirez, will you marry me?"

By the time the question has left his lips, I am an uncontrollable crying mess.

"Yes Sergio, I’ll marry you"

I answer him as he slips the ring on my finger and pulls me in for a kiss.

When we pull apart he wipes my tears and repeatedly tells me how much he loves me.

I blush at his words in between attempting to fix myself up. Once I’m presentable he stands up and walks back to his seat.

Just then I realize that there is still an unopened box on the table.

"Hey what’s in this one?"

I say as I shake the box.

"Wait until we get home to find out" he says as he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...