The Perfect Combination

Chapter 3

A few days had passed since Natalia had asked for Sergio’s help in giving her a baby. He had, reluctantly, agreed to it. Not because he didn’t want Natalia to have a baby but the thought of having a kid and not being there to see him grow bothered him. Don’t get it wrong, Sergio never planned to be a father, his “desire” to one day have kids was something he told the media and his fans to maintain his good guy reputation. However, now that he knew for sure his sperm would used to create another human being, he doubted whether he’d be able to just let his kid go and live his life like nothing happened.

“SERGIO WATCH OUT” Iker yelled, but it was to late. The ball hit hit him straight in the face and it took a while before he recovered. Iker ran straight to him, in an attempt to apologize but before the goalkeeper could say anything Sergio fired back.

“What the hell man?! You could have warned me earlier to get out the way”.

“And you could have actually paid a attention to the ball, or have you forgotten what we use to play this sport?” Iker replied angrily.

“No, I haven’t forgotten. I was just a little distracted.” he fired back.

“Yeah, you’ve been distracted a lot lately. Is something wrong?”, Iker asked trying to ease the tension between the two.

“Its Na..”

“Hey ladies, this isn’t a tea party. Get your asses back in training and stop gossiping like a bunch of old women” Karanka yelled before Sergio could explain what was happening.

“We should get back, I’ll tell you later.”. Sergio said as he ran to join the rest of the group in training.

*In the parking lot

“Hey Sergio, you wanna hang out after this?” Mesut asked as they walked to their cars.

“Nah, I think I’m just gonna head home. I have a lot to do.” Sergio said in a hurry in an attempt to also avoid Iker who was power walking his way to his car.

“OK then, Next time.” The German offered.

“Yeah OK.” Sergio said as he opened the door to his Audi. He was startled by the closing of the passenger door with a rather agitated Iker Cassilas sitting in the passenger seat.

“What the hell Iker?”

“Don’t you “what the hell me”, you are the one who walked out the locker room like it was on fire. You promised to tell me what is up with you after training and I don’t think I need to remind you but it is after training now.” The captain commented.

“I know its after training but can we drop this now. I’ve got to meet Natalia, we’ve got an important appointment that I just can’t miss.” He began.

“Wow, it must be very important if your referring to her by her full name, but no I’m not gonna drop it. I’m more than just your captain, I’d like to think I’m your friend too. So if something is bothering you, tell me and I find a way to help you.” Iker said in a rather fatherly way.

“Do you really want to know or are you just looking to gossip” Sergio responded.

“To me its the same thing” Iker shrugged.

“Karanka is right, you do gossip like an old lady” Sergio smirked as he started the engine, “however I cant entertain you right now.”

“Why not?, if you tell me your secret I’ll tell you mine” Iker bargained.

Sergio snorted at that remark before moving his hand to open the passenger door, “Iker you should really leave now, I’m already running late.”

“Fine”, Iker sighed as he got out the car, “but just tell me what this appointment is about and I’ll never bother you again”.

Sergio rolled his eyes, knowing that Iker was lying through his teeth, but replied nonetheless “Its a doctors appointment”, he began as he closed the door but rolled down the window in order to continue the conversation.

“What is Nati sick?” Iker looked down worried.

“No, but if everything goes well today she might become a mother in about nine months”

“Huh? I don’t understand what that has to do with you?” Iker replied more confused than ever.

“It has everything to do with me”, he inhaled deeply and continued, “I’m donating my sperm so she can be a mother” I stated before he driving off and leaving a rather shocked Iker behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...