The Perfect Combination

Chapter 32

"You have to sort these in alphabetical order" Sergio tells me as he holds up his rainbow collection of skinny jeans.

I roll my eyes at his instruction and he gives me a stern look.

"Lia I’m being serious. These are my favorite items of clothing, so if you lose them I’ll be very angry with you"

I snort at his thinly veiled threat before I get up off the bed and walk towards him.

"I promise Sergio" I begin as I take the pile of trousers off his hands "I’ll organize these alphabetically or at least burn some of them" I say the last part in a lower tone as I put the trousers on the bed.

It’s been a few days since we got back from holiday and me and him where currently in the process of organizing the new house, he had bought as a surprise.

Today was only our second day in it but I was already in love with the place because it had everything I needed; a studio to design my collections, a play room for the kids, a private movie theater and a game room for him to hang out when his friends came over.

"Are you gonna miss me?" Sergio asks, interrupting my thoughts.

I shook my head no.

"My lover can finally come over without worrying about you ruining our sexy time" I tease and before I know it he strides over to me and begins tickling me.

"Sergio stop" I gasp in between laughter.

"No, not until you say you’ll miss me"

I was tempted to abide to his request but I just couldn’t as I continued to tell him I wouldn’t miss him.

"Come on Lia, I could do this the whole day" he admits as tears began to form in my eyes.

"Okay fine" I reason as his tickling begins to subside "I will miss you" I admits as he stops.

"I’ll miss you too" he says as he pulls my face closer to his and start’s wiping the tears off my cheeks.

I know it may have seem stupid from the outside looking in, that we were being dramatic about him leaving for a month for preseason training, but to us it was a big deal. Last year during preseason, he was single Sergio with no attachments. But this year it was completely different, he was the father of two infants and my soon to be husband, so excuse me if the thought of being separated from him scared me.

"Promise you won’t cheat on me with Mesut" I joked in an attempt to make the situation less serious than it was.

"Well…. that’s going to be hard" he said as a smile began breaking out on his face "But I will try my hardest to remain faithful to you “he assured me as he pulled me in for a kiss.

I had to smile when we pulled apart and he held me for a little while as I listened to his heartbeat.

After a few minutes of silence I was the first to speak.

"Have you packed everything for the trip?" I said as I stepped away and tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Yeah. I packed all the stuff you wrote down on that list"

"Well excuse me for making sure you actually packed underwear this year"

"I packed it in last year I swear. Someone stole it and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was that Marcelo" he ranted as he thought back to last year’s incident that saw him spend the first two days of his preseason with no underwear.

"Well lucky for you, you packed extra so that no one steals it" I joked as a hooter sounded downstairs.

"That’s probably Iker" he said as he zipped his toiletry bag.

"Yeah" I answered as I avoided eye contact and helped him carry his bags downstairs.

By the time we got there we were greeted by a grumpy Iker, who had decided to let himself in.

"Can we go now?" the Spanish captain bellowed as me and Sergio exchanged looks.

"Well, yeah I guess so. I’ve got everything I would need" Sergio said as he collected his reaming bags from me and headed out the door.

When it closed I was a little stunned that he hadn’t said goodbye but considering that little tear-fest I had upstairs, I wasn’t surprised.

I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out a bottle of water. When I closed it I was surprised to find Sergio standing there.

"Aren’t you…." I began but he silenced me by bringing my lips onto his.

He inserted his tongue into my mouth as they started battling for dominance and once I began moaning Sergio pulled away.

"I may have everything I need for the trip but you’re all I want" he said as a smile spread over my lips.

"I’ll miss you babe and I promise to call you and the kids at least twice a day" he added as he gave me one more kissed and whispered goodbye.

"Bye Gio and as much as it pains to watch you leave, I love to watch you walk away" I teased, referring to his butt.

He reacted by placing his hands over his butt and laughing as he called me a pervert.

I’ll miss you too.

`

Ding Dong

"Hello?" I greeted as I opened the door.

"A girl goes on holiday for two months and when I come back I find out that you’re about to become Mrs. Ramos?" Terry teases as she walks into my new house with her multiple bags.

"I see Sergio has finally learned how to treat a lady properly" she continues as she walks further in to the house and inspecting it.

"Well I did give the man 2 babies, so he better treat me right" I add and we both burst out in laughter.

"Terry where have you been?" I ask once my laughter subsides.

"In the beds of very handsome men in very exotic and PRIVATE locations" she tells me as we walk towards the kitchen "But that’s enough about me. More about you"

I roll my eyes at Terry’s ability to ignore any situation as I update her on the happenings in my life since the last time we saw each other.

"So Lia finally got the D?" she teases once I’m done retelling her the story.

"TERRY… I tell you about my failed attempt at a proposal, my engagement and our sob fest and all you hear it the story of our second time together?!"

She shrugs at my assessment before she talks.

"What can I say? I’m a bit of a sexpert so these things interest me"

I roll my eyes at this before she continues.

"So now tell me the truth? How big is… ‘You know’?"

I shake my head no, refusing to answer her question but she doesn’t give up as she stands up and grabs a few long objects that are lying around before sitting back down.

"Fine you don’t have to tell me. Just nod your head at one of these….So is it this big?" she asks as she puts an average size pin on the table.

"Nope"

"This big?" she asks as she pulls out a butter knife

"Still to small" I say as Terry raises an eyebrow.

"How about this size?" she asks as she puts an unused long white candle on the table.

I laugh at the candle on the table before I shake my head no.

"Oh come on Lia. There’s no way it’s that big” she states and I laugh.

I now take the butter knife and candle and put them together, to create one long object.

Terry gasps at the thought of how big Sergio’s package really is.

"What can I say?! The man is gifted on and off the pitch" I answer with a smirk and a shrug.

Terry takes a while to process this new information before finally speaking.

"Well no wonder you won’t ever leave him. A night of passion with him probably leaves you unable to walk for days" she says and I burst out laughing.

It’s at this moment that I realize that no matter how much I’ll miss Sergio, Terry will keep me so entertained that the days will fly past.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...