The Perfect Combination

Chapter 35

"Great game boys. Go home and celebrate and see you tomorrow for a light warm down" Mourinho announces before walking out the locker room and leaving me and the boys to celebrate our victory over Athletic Bilbao. The victory not only guaranteed our continued stay at the top of the la liga table but it also meant that we went into the Christmas break 8 points ahead of Barcelona.

"So?" Iker teases as he stands next to me "What is the Ramos/Ramirez household planning this Christmas?"

I inhale deeply before I answer his question.

"Nothing much. Just a simple get together for the ones we love" I say, trying to down play the importance of our first Christmas together as a family.

"So that custom made princess castle for Salma is considered simple?!" he jokes and I can’t help but laugh.

"Okay fine. So I went a little overboard with the gifts but I just wanted to make sure they knew how much I love them" I answer as I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"Well you should know I’m not buying gift over $5" he announces as we walk to our respective cars.

"Of course you aren’t Iker. We all know all your money is going into your cardigan collection" I tease as I enter my car.

He says a few swear words before entering his car and saying farewell.

The drive back home is quickly as there is surprisingly no traffic.

When I get into the house I see Lia pacing back and forth with a sleepy Jose in her arms. When they see me walk in, Jose starts to cry and I take him from her.

"Well now I feel useless" she tells me once he settles down and falls asleep on my shoulders.

"Oh baby you aren’t useless. There are many things you are very very good at" I tease with a suggest wiggle of my eyebrows.

"Sergio" she threatens "there are children around" she concludes before heading into the kitchen.

In her absence I take the opportunity to go upstairs and put Jose down. That proves a bit of a mission as he keeps waking up every time I put him down. But eventually after almost 45 minutes in the nursery he finally falls asleep and I’m able to go see Lia.

When I get down stairs I’m greeted by a beaming Lia and before she can say anything I pull her close and place my lips on hers.

When we pull apart, we are both panting for air.

"Well hello to you too" she says once she has recovered her breath. "What was that for?"

"Can’t a man just come home, after a long day of exhausting work, and just kiss his fiancé?

"Well he can and I’m glad you did"

After that game of flirting we go down to the study to finish wrapping the present for our family and laugh at how things have changed.

`

Christmas day itself had gone off without a hitch, considering it was the first time we had hosted a party as a couple.

Both our parents had gotten twice the gifts, from not only their kids but their grandchildren as well.

Our friends and extended family also pitched in, exchanging gives that ranged from sentimental, glittery and cheap (cough Iker cough).

Fernando had even gotten time of from Chelsea’s hectic Christmas schedule to spend time with us.

However the highlight of the day was Terry’s drunkenness, which saw her not only streak around the house in only her underwear but also end the night falling into the pool after seeing George Clooney calling her.

For me personally, my favorite gift was seeing the happiness etched on Lia’s face. She had been a wonderful host and seemed at her element, considering the various roles she had to juggle.

`

"Okay it’s less than two minutes before the countdown, so everybody grab a partner" Iker yelled at us.

We were currently at his house, ready to start the countdown to the New Year.

"Any new year’s resolutions" Lia asked as she handed me a glass of champion.

"Just the usual. Lose weight, learn to write better and drink less" I teased and we both burst out laughing.

"Ohkay 30 seconds everyone" Iker yelled.

"Jeez someone’s excited" Lia commented as she grabbed a bowl of grapes.

"Who can blame him? A new year means a new fresh start"

"Oh yeah and who are you planning on starting your year afresh with?" she teased as Iker started the countdown.

7…6…5…4…3…2…1

"Happy new year" they all yelled as I drew Lia close to me and gave her a kiss.

When I pulled away I noticed the blush on her cheeks and I gave her another peck.

"You… I am planning on starting fresh with you. There is no one I will love or intend to love as much as you" I told her as I reconnected our lips so we could share another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...