I'll Jump for You Bill Kaulitz

Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

Tara’s POV

We were finally used to this New York lifestyle. Jeni and I did a lot of stuff together, since we had the same shifts at Starbucks and stuff. Deidre and Sarah were off doing their own things most of the time, their shift was in the morning, ours was around midday.

There were many specialty shops and little cafes around our apartment, and since we didn’t have much money we usually got bites to eat there or at a fast food place even though it was junk.

On Sundays we would go out to Chelsea Market, and I by default usually went alone because I could actually cook and buy things that fit into our budget. So about half the week we would have home-cooked meals.

I applied to the New York Times, well, just for a bit of secretary work. I didn’t get in. They told me to try again in a few years. And that was for secretary work only, steps away from writing the actual articles. But I wasn’t too bummed about it.

Since Starbucks really didn’t pay well and we needed to keep up with rent and school fees, Deidre got a second job as a waitress at a little club on weekends. Sarah by luck got a job at a Coach store, and she learned to be a good saleswoman fast cause all they earned there was commission.

I applied to some smaller newspapers but nothing happened. I would have to have a degree in journalism first to even be looked at on an application.

I didn’t feel like writing much, so instead I turned back to my old passion, fashion designing. In New York it was all around you, everywhere you turned. I drew some designs on an old sketchbook I had. They were pretty good, even the girls thought so. I wondered why I didn’t pursue something like that.

But fashion designing was about a hundred times as hard to get into as journalism was. And that’s why I didn’t waste my time.

Jeni surprised as all when she came home late one night and told us she had tried out for a part on Broadway-Legally Blonde the Musical. And she got in. It was only a minor part of course but at least it would pay amazingly well. She had been in theater for awhile and it was only fitting that she kept up with it if it could pay some serious bucks.

“I think I might change my major,” Jeni declared one night as we were getting ready to go to bed.

“To theater arts?”

“Yeah.”

“My bro is really into the stuff,” I said. “Are you really gonna give up sports medicine for that though?”

She shrugged. I mean Jeni was really pretty when she put a little makeup on and wore Abercrombie. “For now I’ll stick to sports medicine. If I get noticed and I get offered a scholarship somewhere here then I’ll do that. I’ll just take things as they come.”

“Can you believe college is a week away?”

“Nope,” she frowned. “I don’t want to be in college. I’m gonna be old soon.”

“Yeah.”

“What’s the use of wasting the time you’ve got while you’re young?” Jeni raised her eyebrows at me. I knew she was referring to the whole Bill thing.

“I’m gonna have to talk to him anyway when we see him at TRL. I mean he’ll hunt me down to talk to me and I can’t ignore him there.”

She smiled. “Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments + subscriptions=love