Luca

One of One

The sun had just set on my family's farm. The darkness quickly escalated, turning from a pale blue to black. The stars glowed, twinkling among the lightning bugs flying around. Their green tails glimmered in the large field.

My little sisters ran, barefoot in the moist grass, chasing after the beams of light. They giggled, amused by the creatures. Suddenly, their laughter halted and they were bounding toward me.

"Sissy!" They shouted, shoving the jar in my face. Upon looking at the jar, I noticed one blue light mixed with all the others, and unlike the green ones, it remained still. It's light didn't blink, and it didn't fly around the jar.

All of a sudden, a bright light flashed, causing me to drop the jar. My sisters wailed and ran inside, upset that I freed the fireflies. I stayed still, watching the bugs fly away, but that one blue light never faded.

A large pair of wings started to blossom and something rose from the ground. The wings were transparent, outlined by a blue light. They fluttered and a gush of wind swept my hair back, but I kept my eyes on what was happening in front of me.

Between the wings, a body formed and before I knew it, a man stood in front of me. I took in his appearance. He wore blue jeans, hanging loosely around his waist, but he was shirtless and barefoot. His hair was shaggy, falling right above his eyes, which, from where I was sitting, seemed to match the blue of his wings.

I was speechless, I had no idea what to say; I had so many questions: "who are you?", "WHAT are you?", but before I could speak, he thrust his hand in my direction, taking a hold of mine and shaking it up and down.

"I'm Luca," he announced, dropping my hand. He smiled and dimples took place in his cheeks. "And you are?" He questioned in the same heavenly voice as before.

"Emma," I finally said after a moment of silence. "My name is Emma, but if anyone should be asking questions, it's me."

He nodded in understanding, but answered my thoughts before I could ask him. "If you want to know, I'm a fairy."
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be continued later, but for now is only a short story. I hope you enjoyed! :)