Falling in Love With You

My Secret

Tonight was the most amazing night that I have ever experienced. The night sky was beautifully adorned by the most brilliant stars that seemed to shine even more brilliantly than usual. Perhaps it is because I fell in love for the first time in forever. I had forgotten what it was like to feel this way. I bet you know exactly how I feel, because you have or do feel this way too.

Most times, you don’t even realize that your feelings are being swept away to the highest cloud nine. For me, it was just that. It’s like being bitten by the deadliest snake but you want most of all to keep the poison inside you. It changes you, makes you weak, and you are willing to die for it. That’s right, you know what I’m talking about. Love. I’m talking about being bitten by a snake and I’m pretty sure you think I’m crazy. Love is crazy though isn’t it?

Gosh this is so great. I cannot even begin to tell you how great this is. Look at you, listening to me go on and on about me being in love. Would you like me to tell you all about it? I would love to share with you this feeling. It’s incredible.

I’ll start with this simple statement of: I don’t want to read this book anymore.

You’re thinking about the statement I just said aren’t you. You’re breaking it down in your head. Simple? How can this statement be simple when it doesn’t relate to anything I previously said? What does that have to do with being in love? I’ll tell you this right now, it has everything to do with being in love. This is my deepest secret and I’m about to tell you it. Are you ready?

I don’t think you are; at least not just yet.

Let me draw your curiosity in further; as if it wasn’t drawn as closely as possible already. I can see it. I can feel it. It’s powerful and dangerous, just like the romantic comedies say that love is. It’s simple and complex. It is such a puzzle but the easiest one to figure out. I can paint you a picture to help you get the picture. I met them; just the other day. It was a day like any other day. I had no idea that falling in love with them was an option. Actually, it was a blind date so I guess falling in love was an option. As you could imagine, I’m all dressed up for this date and they pick me up. They look me over with the most interesting, brooding eyes. I can tell they think they have me all figured out. They think I’m a cool one; a collected and down to earth one. They may be right. How about you tell me what you think in a little bit?

Our date went very well. Even though our date may seem like the most typical date in the world, it was how easy going it was, that made it great. We ate, we looked at each other. We sat together and held each other. We would talk; sometimes out loud, sometimes without words. All that ran through my mind was that this person is the one.

They way our hands touched, our bodies touched, and our minds touched was enough to convince me that this was it. This is what it felt like. It was like velvet on velvet or touching the softest dog. It was addictive. This was love. They could read me like I was an open book and I could do the same to them.

I admired them. They had ambition and drive. Who wouldn’t admire that? They had this way with diving deep into something and conquering the impossible. At least, this is how I felt during the date. I knew that this was the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Do you know my secret now? One day away from this person makes me crazy. I want them to touch me and hold me like they did on our first date. I want them to read me and tell me that they love me like they know I love them.

I may be crazy right now but I think you know exactly how I feel at least I would hope so.

Do you know why?

It’s because it’s you. I love you. I knew it the first time I saw you and you saw me. You know how to read me and understand me. The way you picked me up and we sat together and you read me like an open book. I could tell you loved me by the way you chose me over all the others.

And so now I thank you. I show you my appreciation by reciprocating that love back to you. You are everything to me and I know you can see that.

You are my secret and we get to share it with the whole world.