Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part One

Main Character: Rowyn Bethany Domire
Age: 17
Likes: Video games, rock music, reading, playing Quidditch, flying, amusement parks, and so much more.
Dislikes: Rude people, miscreants, country music (sorry y’all-no that isn’t an insult, I’m from Texas lol), drama, and people that panic too quickly.
History: Her mum and dad are not wealthy people (middle class); in fact, they are quite poor and rather rude people that do not want to be involved in either side of the war to come between magic people. They have always dreamed, and continue to talk about how they will become wealthy some day and be able to go to the fanciest parties, blah blah blah. Her mum and dad are terribly unsupportive parents as well.
I am not the most popular girl, the prettiest, the smartest, the most outgoing, no, I was average in most everything. I have long dark brown hair, grey/blue eyes, light skin color, quite short (5’1), petite features but also slightly curvy, by no means am I a size two, more like a 7. I’ve always just wanted to help people, no matter their attitude toward me. After all, people aren’t born evil, though there may be something there that isn’t quite right. Due to certain environments and certain evil people in a person’s life it is probable that someone turns down a different path than the one they could have gone down. However, I do not allow people to walk all over me as if I were a doormat either. ONWARD!
I awoke late one night to the sound of scratching along the roof of our two-bedroom apartment in good ole Texas, USA. My heart beat quickened as I strained to keep listening. I slipped out from under my blanket and slowly made my way to my window then drew back the curtain. I gasped as I spotted this large bird, as I stared at it more closely and turned on the small lamp I had beside my bed I realized it was an owl. A confused expression plastered itself to my face and I continued to stare at the feathery creature. Finally as it began making noises that I took as, “hurry up!” I opened my window and it hopped into my room to sit on a table. I spotted a letter hanging about its neck by a ribbon. I took the ribbon necklace off the owl and opened it. (You know what happens next, but I’m going to say it anyway).
Dear Ms. Rowyn Domire,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September. We await your owl by no later than July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress
A Confused look still has itself plastered to my face because I have no idea who Minerva is and why she is sending me letters through “owl service”. And how does she know my address? It seems to stare at me so I look around and see some cat treats on my dresser. I grab one from the package and hand it to the owl, who refuses rudely! I scoff, “It’s all I have, I don’t have an owl you know.” It hoots and flies away; I then shut my window and plop down on my bed beside my cat Pandora.
Pandora mews and I stare at her then back at the letter. “What the heck is this Panda?” She cocks her head as if to say, “Well I don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is literally all I have written at this point. Hope it seems interesting.