Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Eleven

Recap: Rowyn meets a boy named Terence then meets her Potions master Prof. Slughorn who she thinks will be one of her favorite teachers. She begins having more run-ins with Draco and too many with Pansy, who is really taxing her nerves. Draco then finds himself able to confide, slowly, in Rowyn. Where will this lead her or him for that matter?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…
I wake to Pandora plopping her body down on my face, “Ugh are you serious?” I say aloud and move her over. I turn and look at my alarm clock, which says 6:00am. I sigh again, ‘what the heck Panda?’ I stare up at the ceiling of my four-poster canopy bed and think about what Draco had said to me.

“Anyway, there are reasons as to why I am the way that I am. Though, I’m not sure why I’m explaining it to you of all people. I don’t even know you.” I smile to myself. “Yeah but I bet he keeps being an ass just like he has been.” The image of Pansy running out of the painting desperately searching for Draco makes me growl with irritation. “She just had to ruin everything that could have happened Panda, always up his bum for some reason. She is very obsessed with him, its’ kind of scary. She made us part ways so that Draco could go to her and shut her up."

I mumble and try to go back to sleep but simply cannot. I groan and kick off my comforter then swing my legs over the bed and touch my feet to the cold stone floor. I yawn, grab my uniform, and head to the bathroom. I take a quick shower, slap some makeup on, and get dressed then head back to the dorm. I snatch up my messenger bag, say goodbye to Pandora, and walk down the stairs to the common room. ‘I wonder if Hermione is awake’. I jog to the Great Hall and spot her already eating at the Gryffindor table. I sit beside her to eat and chat.

“Rowyn are you not afraid of what… They, will say?” She asks referring to the other Slytherin students.

“I thought I did at first the way they seemed to treat other students from different houses, but now, why should I care? I mean I’d rather be shunned and have friends I can speak to then to always be worried about what I say.”

“True but they are quite ruthless at times.”

I nod, “Well I’ll have to take that risk then. I can be just as ruthless, if not more so.” I say and stand. “Well best be off, I’m getting nasty looks and at this moment, I shouldn’t get into trouble this early into the school year. I’ll see you in class.” She nods and I walk away toward the courtyard. I sit down at one of the stone benches surrounding the fountain and take out my IPod. I slip in the ear buds and bob my head to the music that begins to play. What is playing is the lullaby in Pan’s Labyrinth. I hum along softly as I shut my eyes and wait for classes to commence. The song comes to an end and I open my eyes slowly. I check the time then raise my eyes and notice someone watching me. Draco. I smile and gather my things to head to Transfiguration. I ponder about yesterday and sigh silently as I close in on my classroom.

“What’s with the melancholy look?” Someone asks behind me. I stop suddenly and spin around.

“Harry.” I say and smile. “I was merely thinking about how I was letting being in a stupid “house” make me get rid of the first friends I made since being in a strange place.” I walk beside him. “However, I told Hermione that I could care less right now. I’d rather have y’all and be glared at then to talk to fake people and watch my real friends stare at me with contempt.” I look at the ground when we stop a few feet away from the door.

“Well we all appreciate that and are glad you still want to be around us. But we would also understand if you couldn’t. They can be ruthless in there.” He says.

I chuckle, “Yeah Hermione said the exact same thing. And don’t worry about me dollface.” I click my tongue and wink at him. He laughs and we hear a throat clearing sound behind us.

“Professor,” Harry and I say at the same time to Prof. McGonagall. She nods and heads into the classroom with us tagging along. We sit at different desks but close together and settle in while other students file into the room. I feel someone sit into the seat next to me and dare not look; I can smell the familiar cologne. My heart flutters and Prof. McGonagall starts class so I have to look up at the front. I see Draco out of the corner of my eye and he is watching Prof. M as well, but occasionally looking down and jotting notes… or something. He smells so good today I almost cannot stand it. Like, I want to yank him toward me, bury my face into his chest, and take a deep breath. ‘Crap, Rowyn pay attention you idiot.’ I try my hardest to concentrate on Prof. M but it just is not happening and I really do not know why. I mean yeah I know boys can be distracting if you like one and whatnot but geez! Prof. was trying to teach us how to conjure up birds and I could not do it to save my life. Hermione, however; was doing great, and I admire her for it.

As class comes to an end Prof. McGonagall asks me to stay behind as everyone else exits the room. “Rowyn, I understand this is a big change to your life but I found you myself and I know you can do well if you try. What is going on?”

“I know Professor, I just couldn’t concentrate today. It’s just one day.” I turn and head out of the classroom. I sigh as I leave.

“People are talking Rowyn.”

I turn and stare up at those beautiful mesmerizing blue eyes. “And saying what exactly, Draco?” I ask and he leans against a nearby wall. Damn that boy looks good.

“About you talking to Gryffindor’s, especially those… Three.”

I stand in front of him and cock my head to the side a bit, “Oh really? Am I not allowed? And why have you of all people decided to tell me?”

“I’m telling you because you could end up in a lot of trouble, don’t you understand that!” He whispers sharply and grabs my upper arm. He pulls me closer, “Slytherin’s will be “upset” and will give you more than nasty looks.”

I perk a brow, “And? I’m wondering why you care so much Mr. Malfoy.” I smirk.

“I don’t, it would just make more trouble for me because they’ll come to me for guidance as to what to do.” He let’s go of my arm and stands up straighter.

I grin at him, “Nah, you like me.” I then pull a Sandra Bullock, “You think I’m gorgeous, you wanna hug me, you wanna smooch me, you wanna-“

Draco puts a hand over my mouth. “Hush, I’m trying to help you before it’s too late. And talking to them, ugh, anyone but them; Rowyn.”

I roll my eyes and take his hand off my mouth, “Yes well they are my friends Draco, I met them before anyone. I told you that before. I’m not going to just drop them because I’m in this school with a bunch of damn morons that think it’s cute to look down on people as filth simply because they aren’t all purebloods or whatever. I have to go now, I have homework to do.” I spin on my heel and go to the library. I spot Hermione and sit at the same table. “I need a favor. Could you; when you’re not busy, help me with the bird conjuring spell. I could not concentrate in that class today.” Hermione nods and we begin studying. By the time we finish our homework together it is lunchtime so we walk to the Great Hall. “I will see you afterward k? Can’t have too much of a good thing and all that right?” She nods and smiles as we part ways. I sigh and sit at the Slytherin table and wait for the food to arrive, we came a little early.

The food appears; I pick out my vegetarian options, and eat. Pansy sits down a few spaces from me and begins talking loudly about Hermione and Ron. I do not pay much attention to her; I am rather good at tuning people out if I wish. I finish my meal and start to get up from the bench but she just keeps flipping talking! Therefore, I sigh very loud and shout, “Bored!” I stand and walk out of the Great Hall, and I swear I see some Slytherins smile. I head toward the fountain to sit and wait for Hermione. I bring out my IPod again and listen to the music while waiting. After several minutes, I decide to give up and walk to the Black Lake. ‘It looks so peaceful’. I know about some of the creatures that swim in the dark waters though, thanks to Harry and the others telling me those stories. I stare at the lake as if in a trance and occasionally the water ripples. I tilt my head to the right a bit and my expression is that of someone staring off into space.

A hand unexpectedly finds its way to my shoulder squeezing it lightly. I gasp almost choking on air as I turn to face whoever has disturbed my reverie. “Dammit! Why must you do that?” I shout.

“I don’t know it just happens I didn’t do it on purpose.” Draco says while smiling and trying not to laugh.

I punch his chest jokingly. “You know for someone who cares so strongly about what others will think, you hang around me way too much.” I smirk and take out my ear buds.

“It’s all coincidence.” He says and seems to shrug off what I just said, which actually hurt my feelings.

“Oh,” I say disappointedly, but then quickly shake it off to appear fine on the outside. “Of course.” I stick my IPod into my pocket and turn to trudge toward the castle so I could take my bag to my room, as well as see Pandora.

“At least… That’s what I wish I could say.” I pause my walking and give him a puzzled look. He keeps his gaze on the placid water.

“Uh, what?” I ask.

“I’m not sure, there’s just something about you Rowyn. I can’t quite put my finger on it yet, perhaps someday I will. There is so much in the way of me finding it out though.” He picks up some small stones so as to skip them across the lake.

I step closer to him while watching the stones, “Like what? Your father?”

He stops skipping the stones for a second but then continues, “He’s part of it… I can’t tell you everything, just know it isn’t all my fault.”

I nod, “Well I have to go over a bit of my homework and visit my cat, I’ll … well I guess I won’t see you later.”

“You could, if you wouldn’t hang out with Potter or Granger.” He stays facing away from me.

I glare at the back of his head, “Goodbye then.” I spin on my heel and walk briskly to the castle, into the dungeon, and through the painting. I jog up the stairs to get to my dorm room. I sigh as I enter and plop down on my bed, Pandora walks over my body. “Ack, come on Panda!” I sigh heavily, “I so wish I could see the real him, but I fear I never will.” I look over my homework and get tired half way through so I put it to the side on my nightstand and lie down for a bit. After about an hour of napping, I wake and roll out of bed. I toss Pandora some toys and head back out of my room to sit at one of the tables by the common room windows. I feel something light hit my elbow and fall to the floor. Looking down I spot a paper crane and smile. ‘What the heck?’ I pick it up and realize that it is a note so I open it.

“Rowyn,
How about we meet one another in Tomes and Scrolls at Hogsmeade this weekend?
-Draco”

My heart flutters as I look around the room to find him. I do, in fact, find him… Next to Pansy. I sigh, ‘I just want to punch that girl in her face.’ I tuck the note into my pocket and risk one more glance in his direction. As Pansy is too busy chit chatting with her stupid little friends Draco rolls his eyes then looks at me. He smirks and winks then turns his attention to Crabbe and Goyle. My heart flutters again and I get up to explore more of the castle that isn’t forbidden.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got into this one a bit now that ... my finger is much better! It's healing pretty well in case anyone cares. I can type much quicker and it doesn't hurt I just have to worry about bumping it and whatnot. So since having to stay away from typing quickly and such I made this one pretty long... I'm just kidding it was an accident but I hope you like it anyway lol. And I'm proud to welcome another subscriber, whoever you are! =D