Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Twelve

Recap: Rowyn can’t concentrate in Transfiguration because of a certain someone who wants her to drop her Gryffindor friends because everyone would hate her. She then receives a request to meet somewhere at Hogsmeade, but how will it go?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…

The rest of the week moved incredibly slowly as I go to my classes and occasionally speak to Harry, Hermione, or Ron.

I touch my cheeks with my fingers and feel the warmth from my blush as I read over the note once more while standing beside my bed. As I hear my roommates coming up the stairs; I slip the note into the drawer of my nightstand and pat Pandora gently on her head. ‘You shouldn’t get this worked up Rowyn, what if something goes wrong? Like maybe he’s a complete freaking butthole and makes fun of you or something that your brain is irrationalizing.’ I sit on the side of my bed pondering my silly theories, ‘Well so what, I mean even if he is that terrible of a person I can just dust myself off, give him the ole’ middle finger salute, and move on to focus on my studies and friends.’ I nod and smile to myself, “yep that’s it Panda, that is how it will work out then.” I think one of the girls in the room looked at me as I speak to my cat, but who cares. I grin as I realize that it is finally Friday and tomorrow we shall be going to Hogsmeade. I nearly squeal with delight, not just because I’ll be going to see Draco, just him and me, but because there is so much to see! So much magic!

I inhale deeply as I look at the clock and realize that is it time for supper. I throw my hoodie on and bounce down the steps into the common room. Hmm perhaps I should be brave tonight. I glance around the room and see a few students dawdling, nope not here. I slide my hand into the pockets of my jacket and begin the semi-long journey to the Great Hall. As I round one of the corners I spot Draco and some of his friends. I get right up to them, “Hello Draco and Blaise.” I walk away with my head held high.

“Uh, hey Rowyn.” Blaise says after me. I wait for Draco’s reply but it never comes, whether it be from shock or anger, I did not know.

I enter the Great Hall and have a seat around the middle of the long table. I start serving myself dinner when someone sits down next to me. I place some more things on my plate and they lean in close to my ear. “Rowyn I am trying very hard to be nice, but you are taxing my patience. You can’t just say hi to me like that, people will talk.”

I sigh, “Oh Draco darling what does it matter? All I said was hello, as a matter of fact if anyone is
making it look like something it is not that would be you. Look at you.” I say and turn to face him. I lean closer to him, “It is you who came to me here right now and are whispering in my ear. I really wish you’d let go of whatever “reputation” you think you need. But as you said before I don’t know what goes on between you and your father and the like. I do however; know that if you are merely going to talk to me in the shadows then there isn’t a point in you talking to me at all.” I take a drink of my soda. “Now go on, back to your flock.” I sigh. I grit my teeth then eat my supper in silence. I look around at all of my peers, eating, chatting, laughing. Here I am being slightly depressed and over what? Or whom? Some dude I don’t even really freaking know! I sigh once more and stand to leave.
As I leave the Great Hall I gasp, I know what I can do. I’ll write George! I smile to myself and with a little pep in my step I make my way toward the Slytherin tower. I get closer and closer to the tower when a hand shoots out behind me and grasps my arm and spins me around. Someone’s lips come crashing into mine and that familiar cologne fills my nose. Our lips part and all I can do is breath his name, “Draco.”

“I can’t, I can’t just ignore you Rowyn. Merlin only knows why I can’t. And," he kisses my lips again. “To be honest it isn’t just physical, but I don’t know what to do.” He leans forward again but I place a hand on his chest to stop him.

“I know what you need to do, take it slow. You… I know you have a reputation and somehow your family ties into that, and I’ve been selfish. I don’t know how to handle that, you do. I don’t want you to get into trouble and I also don’t want to get hurt." I begin to ramble on as my anxiety grows when he holds my face in his hands and lightly kisses my lips, I kiss him back and when I feel him start to get more passionate I stop him again. “Draco, let’s stop while we’re ahead.” I laugh nervously, and it sounds more like a sigh. “I-I think perhaps you should think about things first, and I don’t think it’d be wise to meet tomorrow. I won’t be a secret.” I turn quickly and make my way to the common room and upstairs to my dorm room. I say hello to Pandora and my voice sounds a bit shaky. I take a deep breath and close my eyes then slowly exhale. “It’s all good Panda, I need to focus on my studies anyway. That’s what matters.” She mews at me and I chuckle. I change for bed and slip underneath my covers then cuddle Pandora and drift off to sleep dreaming of that kiss.

When I wake the next day I feel a surge of energy hit me as I immediately remember that it’s Hogsmeade day! I throw off my comforter and uncover Pandora in the process (she sometimes sleeps under the covers next to me). She looks around sleepy eyed then her gaze stops at me. “Well I’m sorry but I have to get ready and all of that.” I grab a white spaghetti strap tank top, my loose sea foam green tank top with an anchor on the front, jeans, and then hop off to the bathroom. I take a shower then get dressed and slap on some makeup. I towel dry my hair, run some gel through it, and pull my long bangs back to create that cute small poof in the front. I snatch up my dirty clothes and walk back to my room. I stuff my clothes into my hamper and slip on my shoes and socks. Sliding on my jacket I pat Pandora and head to the Great Hall for breakfast. I smile all the way there until I enter and spot Draco cozied up to Pansy. Hmph see I knew he did not care about me. Wait, I’m dumb it’s not like we loved each other, I’m being a psycho in my head. I inhale slowly to calm myself down then sit at the Slytherin table far from him. I eat in silence yet again then get up and head outside to sit by the fountain.

I stare at the fountain while daydreaming until someone sits down beside me. I turn my head lazily and look at them, “Hello Blaise.” I smile.

“Hello Rowyn, what are you doing just sitting here by yourself?” He asks.

I shrug, “Just waiting til’ time to go to Hogsmeade.”

He nods, “Fair enough, though you seem upset but I won’t push it. Well perhaps-" He cuts his sentence short as he looks up at something or someone. I follow his gaze and see Draco staring daggers into us.

I turn to him, “you were saying?”

He looks from Draco to me and back and forth about three times. “Yes well, I mean, what I was saying was perhaps you should talk to someone about it, but I have to go right now. Nice seeing you.”

I nod and smile as he leaves nervously. I roll my eyes after him. Yes run away you little lackey. I go back to staring at the fountain and thinking of all the things I won’t be able to buy at Hogsmeade.

“Why were you talking to him?” A distinct voice asks from behind me.

“Because he came and sat beside me, I didn’t want to be rude to someone who’s been kind to me.”

“He’ll just play you.”

“Didn’t plan on dating him Draco, as if it’s any of your business.” I keep my gaze on the fountain as I speak.

“Never the less, I’m just letting you know.”

“Well thanks but I think I’m fully capable of making my own mistakes dollface.” I leave him to think on what I said and go toward the gates to wait for Prof. McGonagall.

After several minutes more and more students arrive waiting in their little groups. Prof. McGonagall shows up and says… Well I’m not sure I wasn’t paying attention. I just notice that all of the students begin walking out of the gate and I snap out of my reverie. I see Hermione and Ron and run up to meet them. “Hey you two.” They smile in my direction and greet me as well. We get to the town rather quickly, quicker than I had imagined. As we enter the town, I say farewell to my friends and tell them that I will meet up with them later as I want to explore some on my own. I walk past many shops including Honeydukes, a sweet shop.

After much wandering, I find myself in front of the shop that Draco had wanted to meet me in, “Tomes and Scrolls”. I sigh and walk in, hopefully he isn’t here, but I’m curious as to the books that are in this shop. I take a deep breath and enter the shop. I am greeted by a frail looking old man but who had a sweet smile. I greeted him back and told him I was merely looking. I read some of the book titles, which ranged from learning about vampires to how to clean worms for potions. I shuddered; hope we don’t do any of that. Man, some of these books seem very interesting; it is so damned irritating to not be able to buy a single one! I read a few more titles and begin to head for the door when someone walks in, Draco. Gosh dangit. So what Rowyn, so what? I slip around Draco and out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's taken a while to get this out, I've been busy crocheting Ninja Turtles! I had people wanting to buy them so I was like hell yeah! Thanks for being patient!