Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Fourteen

Recap: Rowyn is still seeing the crudeness of Draco and then his sweet side, but always when no one is around. Pansy is rather threatening but Rowyn pushes her aside. The Halloween dance is coming up and Draco wants her to go with him, after they picked out costumes together what will actually happen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…
Draco and I exit the store and part ways, I go off and search for Hermione while he looks for his friends. I find Hermione seeming annoyed while Ron looks through the Quidditch equipment. I chuckle and smile at her, “What you don’t find all of this sports stuff fascinating?” She shakes her head. “Well I certainly wish I could play, seems exciting.” I sigh.

“Should have tried out ya nut.” Says Ron paying for some shin guards.

We leave the store and I speak, “I don’t have my own broom right now. Plus I think I’d need more practice with flying, I only did so much of it back home.”

“Perhaps Madame Hooch would let you practice with one of the school’s brooms.” Hermione suggested.

I pondered this for a moment, “Not a bad idea Hermione, I’ll speak to her Monday, or maybe after supper.” We all nod in agreement and walk the rest of the way to the castle in silence. Entering the Great Hall for lunch I spot Draco, I almost desperately wanted to sit next to him but decided against it. He looks up from speaking to Blaise and our eyes meet, I wink at him and sit further down the table. I eat for a few minutes and then get up to leave. I walk about halfway down the first corridor when someone calls my name. I turn around while perking a brow to see Terence jogging up to me.
I wait for him to calm his breathing then I chuckle.

“Hey, so uh, I was wondering if you.. you know, if you were uh-“

“Spit it out man!” I say with a silly voice.

“If you were going with anyone to the Halloween dance.” Oh no…I’m not very good with rejection, receiving or giving for that matter. I fidget with my skirt for a few seconds amidst my own amount of stuttering.

“You see.. The thing is, someone’s already asked me and I went ahead and said yes.” I look down at my shoes for a moment then dare to look up into his disappointed face. “I’m sorry… I didn’t know.” I shrugged and he quickly shook it off.

“No worries, Rowyn, I’ll just see you there then. I mean, I’ll see you around but when you.. you know what I mean.” I nod and we share a chuckle.

“Care to walk with me to the gate or were you going to do something?” I asked holding out my arm as if imitating a gentleman. He slid his arm in mine and we made our way to the Slytherin tower discussing classes and home life or lack thereof for me. As we closed in on the gate we both spoke of loving to fly. I explained that I didn’t have a broom, but that I was going to buy one once I earned enough money at the grocery store. “Alright well I have to go to work I’ll talk to you later.” We share a warm hug and part ways. I nearly skip all the way to work, today has been an awesome day so far. I take out my apron from my locker and slip it on then go straight to writing down which, if any, produce needs to be replenished or thrown out.

My day comes to an end, I say goodbye to Mr. Valdor, and head back to Hogwarts. I step into the castle and yawn while stretching my arms above my head. I really need to finish the rest of my homework tomorrow. Actually what I need to do is stop flipping procrastinating. I ready for bed and snuggle up to Pandora, screw dinner I’m too beat. I awake in the middle of the night due to the fact that I went to bed too early. I slip out of bed in my nightclothes (t-shirt and batman sleep pants), grab some of my homework, and head down to the common room. I sit down in front of the fire and take in its warmth as I daydream about Halloween, my favorite holiday. I get lost in the bright flames as the Halloween dance enters my mind. I enter the Ballroom with Draco’s arm wrapped around mine, I in my pirate costume and he in his Sherlock Holmes one. We get a few stares from different houses, I get a bit nervous but look up at Draco and into his entrancing eyes then I realize it doesn’t matter. We smile at one another and head to the dance floor. We dance together with the crowd that has already gathered as the band plays. It is as if nothing else matters at that point, it’s just me and him having the time of our teenage lives.

My reverie; however, is short lived when I am yanked out of it by Terence. “Oh, Rowyn what are you doing up so early?” He asks.

“What? What time is it?”

“It’s 5am. Were you doing homework?”

“I had intended on it, but that didn’t happen. Thanks for bringing me back to Earth though, perhaps now I’ll get something done.” I smile up at him and he sits down next to me. I get through a couple of classes homework then yawn and stretch. “I believe that will be enough for now it almost breakfast anyway.” I gather my stuff and hug Terence goodbye. I jog upstairs and change for the day. (Jeans, a tank top, jacket, and my converses). I pat down my hair and slap on some makeup then descend the stairs and there I see Terence waiting for me. He sure has been acting kind of like a little puppy dog this last week always waiting for me and such. We sit down, chit chat, and eat together. We both stand and leave the Great Hall, he then walks with me outside. “Well, gotta go, I’ll see you later on.” I turn to walk away until he stops me.

“Uh so, now can we go to the dance together?” I pause for a moment and perk a brow.

“Um, what? I told you Terence I’m going with someone else.“

“Wait, I was told Draco was going with someone else.” Terence says seeming upset.

“What? How did you even know I was going with him? And what do you mean he's going with someone else?” I ask beginning to get angry.

“Pansy told me, she said he had changed his mind and was going with her… she said different words but that was the gist.” He fidgets with his hands while looking at me, he seems to have sympathy in those deep brown eyes.

“I just… I-what? You know I bet she’s just being an anus like she normally is, I haven’t heard anything about that Terence I think Draco would tell me if we weren’t going together. I’m sorry I have to go.” I walk away and head to Hogsmeade. I feel sick to my stomach as I get closer and closer to my place of work. Please don’t let that be true, I don’t know what I’ll do if he chose… HER over me… I stop walking, oh for-Rowyn don’t be such a drama queen, buck up! He’s just some boy. Work goes by at a snail’s pace as I think of Draco and Pansy together. Why do I do this to myself? I try and shake it off, which helps very little, and go on about my day. I get off a couple of hours before supper and trudge back to the castle. I hang my head walking through the corridors back to the common room. I lie down on my bed with Pandora beside me until time to eat.

I sigh and slide out of bed to head to the Great Hall. Well at least next payday I’ll have enough money to buy a broom of my own. I Bet that will be a great stress reliever. I begin to walk around a corner but abruptly stop when I hear Draco’s voice, “Fine”.

“And what are you going to tell her?” A female voice asks.

“That you are more important to me than her, she was just someone to keep my mind off of you.”

“Good, now please go tell the poor thing before she gets the wrong idea and you break her heart. Oh Drakie, I knew you’d come back to me.” That’s Pansy… And she and Draco… But I thought he practically loathed her. What the hell happened? What am I going to do? Tears well up in my eyes but I blink them back. Don’t cry you silly little girl, how weak are you? I take a deep breath and exhale slowly before continuing on my way to get supper and walking slowly behind the… couple.

I sit far from “Drakie” and that-that wad of wasted flesh and organs. I eat what I can actually stomach then get up and walk toward the astronomy tower. After half an hour, the sky darkens and the stars become more vibrant. “Wow,” I whisper to myself.

“Rowyn,” I heard someone say my name from behind me.

I grit my teeth and hold back my furious tears. “Yes?”

“We need to talk about the Halloween dance. You see I-“

“You don’t have to explain anything. I already know. You and that,” I clear my throat, “thing, will have a lovely time I’m sure. After all, you were both made for each other.” I continue to stare up at the sky as it slowly grows darker and darker. Such a beautiful sight to share with such a despicable person.

“You don’t understand.”

“I understand perfectly Malfoy, you’re just as everyone says. I’m glad you had enough decency to stop this before I put my heart into it. Whatever this was.”

“Rowyn” He says my name as if it’s the last time he’ll ever get to say it.

“Enough, I don’t ever want to you even so much as look at me again, let alone talk to me.” I spin around and he actually looks solemn. I storm off toward the Slytherin tower breathing heavily nearing an anxiety attack. I calm myself down after walking around the castle for a few minutes. I quickly make my way back to my room and then my bed. Pandora and I lay beside one another and fall asleep. Why must I feel this way?

(Two hours earlier)
Draco’s POV: I walk down the corridor toward the Slytherin tower on my break from class when I hear that obnoxious and sickening voice. “Oh Draco, be a doll and come here.” Pansy. I tighten my jaw and turn to face her with an expression of the utmost contempt spread across my face.

“What do you want? I have things to do.”

She steps closer to me, a disgusting smile dances on her lips. “Well I wanted to know what you were wearing to the Halloween dance so maybe we could match.”

“Why would I want you to match me?”

“Because we’re going together silly.”

“No we’re not, I’ve asked Rowyn to go with me.” That certainly sent her reeling.

She clenches her teeth and speaks with a dark tone of voice, “No you’re going with me unless, that is, you wish for me to tell dear ole’ dad who you plan on going with-“

“I don’t care Pansy, I’m going with her, you should get over it.” I turn to walk away from her.

“And that you’ve been doing poorly in classes, and the time you skipped Quidditch practice, and-“

“Enough!”

“The Dark Lord will think you haven’t got it in you to do what you’ve been told to do. And if that happens then you’ll both be in deep shit. You need to tell her that I am more important to you than her, she was just someone to keep your mind off of me.” She says smugly. I tighten my jaw again wishing to punch her so hard in her face she wouldn’t get up again, but she did have a point. If Voldemort found out that I was weak enough to fall over myself due to feelings for a female things could go bad, very bad… Especially for Rowyn. I glare at Pansy and sigh.

“Fine.” I curl my fingers into fists and it takes all of my will to not knock her to the ground.

“And what are you going to tell her?” She asks.

“That you are more important to me than her, she was just someone to keep my mind off of you.” I say defeated.

“Good, now please go tell the poor thing before she gets the wrong idea and you break her heart. Oh Drakie, I knew you’d come back to me.” I stand there as she wraps her short arms around me. What am I going to tell Rowyn? Can I tell her the truth without someone hurting her? Or do I roll with it and hurt her more?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey look this one's earlier! Feedback sure is appreciated...