Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Fifteen

Recap: Rowyn is excited to go to the Halloween dance with Draco but finds out some rather depressing and infuriating news… He’s going with Pansy. Instead of hearing his lame excuses, Rowyn writes him out of her life. Draco, however; was merely wanting to keep Rowyn safe, will he tell her or will he take this secret and lock it away?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…

How dare he do that to me! I say to myself as I get ready for class, angrily. I walk back into the dorm room after doing my business in the bathroom. I pat Pandora on her fluffy kitty head, grab my bag and jacket, then head to the Great Hall. I fix my plate and eat then walk to Transfiguration. “Gonna be a long day.” I take a deep breath and hold my head high as I enter the classroom. As I sit down at my desk, I take out my spiral to write some things down as well as another letter to George. The response I got from him last time seemed very brief, I was hoping for more. Oh well, perhaps he isn’t much of a writer. I get so into writing everything down and asking George questions in my letter to him that I do not notice a person sit down next to me. “Rowyn I-“ I hold a hand up to their face as I write furiously. I come to an end and put my pencil down then turn my head to glare at blonde boy.

“What do you want?”

“I want to apologize for, well, the last time we spoke.”

“There isn’t anything to apologize for, clearly you want… Her and not me. No big deal, she’s better suited for you anyway.”

“I just-“

“Don’t feel sorry for me Malfoy, I’m going with Terence now. Who knows perhaps he’s the person I was meant for all along.”

“Terence? You’re going with him? He’s nothing but a-“

“Stop it, stop it, stop it!" I shout and slam my fist down on the desk. "Stop acting as if you give a damn about me! I told you never to speak to me again.” More students begin piling into the room and taking their seats. Draco leaves me alone the rest of class. Transfiguration ends and I daydream as I make my way to the courtyard.

“Rowyn!” I hear someone call my name behind me.

I turn and smile as I see Terence jogging up to me. “What’s up?”

“Oh I just you know, I know this probably isn’t the right time and things are shitty for you right now… W-what I’m trying to say is… Would you want to now maybe go with me to the dance?”

After giggling for a minute or two I nod, “Yes, I’ll go with you.” He grins so brightly I thought he might get a cramp.

“Great! Guess I’ll just meet you in the common room when you get ready.”

I nod, “sounds good. Welp I’m going to study for a bit here…” He nods and says a goodbye then walks away with a spring in his step. So now I can have fun and make Draco jealous all in the same night. I pull out one of my schoolbooks and begin reading the chapter we will be tested on next week. I have to do my absolute best for Prof. McGonagall. After I finish a chapter I look up to get out of that studying funk that always surrounds me during school. At the corner of my eye, I spot that famous blonde hair slip past one of the large columns. I sat there staring at the column wanting badly to go to him, but the other part of me doesn’t because of what’s happened so far. I don’t know there’s just something at the back of my mind, why would he just up and act like he has been? Is that really how he is? I mean I don’t know him too well so who knows. The guys (Hermione, Harry, Ron, and the twins) pretty much claim he’s just a douche bag all around. I’m just one of those people that if I meet someone and they’re nice to my face and such then I believe that they are a good person.

After a few minutes, I finally decided to just get up and follow him, if I could still find him of course. I quickly shove my book into my bag and take off in the same direction Draco was walking. Turning down several corridors searching for him I eventually give up. That is, until I hear my name being called from behind me. I turn and see his beautiful but solemn face. “Hello, Rowyn. Were you trying to follow me or something?” He chuckles half-heartedly.

“Or something.” I laugh but it quickly fades. He’s quite upset looking, guess he could still be bent out of shape about earlier. Trying to apologize to me and me just blowing up in his face (which was warranted) then taking off. “So what now?”

He shrugs, “I’m not sure. Look Rowyn I really have to tell you something but I don’t know if it’s just going to put you in danger. That is what I am wrestling with.”

“Well, go ahead. Please, I need to know that you’re not just some asshole who tricked me.” I look up at him with pleading eyes. He looks around to see if anyone is around then takes me to an empty class room.

“I was made to stop talking to you, by Pansy...” He then proceeds to explain his whole situation and how Pansy is basically holding the reigns. “So what I need you to do is keep acting like you despise me and I will have to continue to despise you, until I can find a way to end it.” I nod.

“Very well, too bad though, it would have been nice to dance with you.”

“Hey just because we can’t dance right now doesn’t mean we can’t later on.”

“This is true, okay well we’d better separate so no one finds us together.”

He nods and begins to turn away from me but at the last minute I grab his hand then wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tight. He hesitates at first due to being caught off guard but then holds me tight as well. Hugging him feels so nice and he smells nice too. I smile while resting my head on his chest for a moment. I sigh and let go then we part ways, he goes out of the room first and I follow a bit after. Little did I know that someone had been watching me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone I'm so sorry this is super short! I've been so busy trying to get this damned crocheted mario doll done for a friend. The lady that made the pattern... omg I really don't like her right now but anyway! Hope you're all doing great, we have a severe thunderstorm going on right now. Love it! Also thank you to my two new subscribers, whoever you are! Byeeeee.