Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Sixteen

Recap: Rowyn finds out that the reason Draco is going with Pansy is because she threatened Rowyn's life. They shared a passionate hug then parted ways, but someone spotted them. Who? Can they keep pretending to hate each other to stay safe? Or will they break and finally start something lasting?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues:
I wait for a minute or two before exiting the classroom. Slowly, I sneak out then shut the door quietly behind me. I slip down the hall and return to a normal pace as I round the corner. Beside me stands Terence, I jump slightly and hold a hand to my chest, "Terence, you friggin' scared me!" I exclaim.

"What were you doing down there?" He asks.

I turn my head and glance down the corridor, "Down there? Oh, just wandering around, ya know? There's still so much of this place I haven't seen." I chew on my lip ring as he stands there staring holes into me. (Yeah I just thought I'd throw that in there, I don't know.)

Suddenly he smiles, "Right, sometimes I forget it's your first year." Woo thank Merlin.

"Yep, first year. So what are YOU doing?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Same, wandering. I like to people watch as well." His stare was almost menacing.

I purse my lips and raise my eyebrows, "Whelp, better be going, see ya." As I walk away I could feel his eye's follow me until I was out of sight. Did he see Draco and me? Is he going to tell that dump truck Pansy? Is it difficult to be slick even in this giant castle? I take some deep breaths, okay gotta pretend to hate the boy I really actually like when around other people. I get closer to the Great Hall for lunch when Ron comes jogging toward me, "Hey uh, George sent a letter, bloody bird brought it to me by mistake."

I chuckle, "I wondered why he hadn't written back yet." Ron smiles then waves a goodbye and walks away. I stick George's letter into my bag and enter the dinning hall, then sit down to eat. After eating I get up and head to my next class. I enter the Arithmacy room, have a seat, then take out George's letter.

"Rowyn,
How's it going at Hogwarts? Fairly boring I expect. I hope Draco and his gang aren't messing with you too bad. Things have been the same here, with work and such. We've had some blokes buying love potions lately so please be careful! Just ask Ron about the time he ate love potion chocolates, haha! I don't have much time to write, though it is good to hear from you!

-George-"

I smiled to myself as I finished the letter then folded it back up and slid it into my bag again. "What are you smiling about?" Terence asks from behind me.

I spin around in my seat, "I received a letter from a friend is all." He steps closer then sits down next to me and I perk a brow.

"Must have been some letter for you to smile like that." His expression was that of jealousy and never waivers.

I shrug, "I suppose, I mean he's funny so of course I'm going to smile." Anger flashes across his face for a split second and he is composed.

"Oh? Do I know this friend?"

"I'm not certain, I don't think so. Do you know the Weasley's?"

He shrugs, seeming bored. "Not really."

"Then I suppose you don't know him." I take out my book and place my bag on the floor beside me.

"Perhaps I should get in on those jokes." He snatches up my bag to get the letter. I jump up quickly knocking my chair over trying to yank my bag back.

"Are you shitting me! Give me my bag back!" I reach for it and he holds it above his head and behind him. He smirks down at me cockily. I growl under my breath and glare at him. "I don't care about getting detention for striking your smug face you know?"

"Why Rowyn, are you hiding something? You seem awfully angry for me just doing this." I growl more fiercely, jump to grab the bag, and yank it to me accidentally hitting Terence in the head with it. I hold my bag close to me while staring up at the now furious Terence. He grasps my right arm and squeezes making me lament in pain. "No one hits ME and walks away without getting struck back." I struggle as he raises his right hand to hit me but a hand shoots out as if from thin air and clasps his wrist tightly holding it back.

"Don't touch her." Draco says through gritted teeth. I want so badly to smile but I dare not. What do I do?

I yank my arm out of Terence's grasp while glaring at Draco, "I don't need help from the likes of you!" As Terence turned his head to look at Draco I give him a pleading look, then quickly switch back to hatred.

"Don't worry princess, it won't happen again. Had I known who was about to get struck I wouldn't have stepped in." He sneers, spins on his heel perfectly and walks out of the room.

Terence begins to speak but I hold up my hand and stop him, "No and I don't think we'll be going to the dance together anymore." Friggin psycho. Seriously what is his deal? I mean how am I supposed to feel about that? And I hope Draco knows I was just acting. Class begins and I can hardly concentrate but I do my best. The bell finally rings and everyone begins gathering their things and waking out of the room. I quickly do the same so that I don't have to talk to Terence.

I wander around the castle until I spot Harry walking down one of the hallways. "Harry!" I call. I catch up to him and speak again, "I was wondering if you could possibly teach me to fly this weekend, you know Sunday or something." I give him the most pleading look I can muster.

He laughs, "Alright, Sunday meet me at the quidditch pitch and we'll go from there." I nod and grin then take off toward the common room. I enter my dorm and greet Pandora with a treat. I take out my Arithmacy homework and get started. After an hour it's time for Potions. I gather my things again and head out of the door. I walk half way through the common room and spot Pansy with her little group of trolls. I let a small laugh escape my lips and exit. I make it to the Potions and sit down at my desk. I take out my book, pencil and paper, and simply wait for class to start. Why am I early at almost every class? (I have no idea, I'm late to damn near everything in real life.) I feel someone sit down next to me and I look up. My heart begins to beat faster, I forgot for a second that Draco and I have to sit at the same table

I see him open his book and pretend to be reading from the corner of my eye. I lift my hand and caress his cheek or a moment noticing the small smile that plays on his lips. I hear other students getting closer and I quickly snatch my hand back then look down at my book. I could feel the blush spread across my face and I let my hair fall around my face. The students sit down several tables behind us and keep chatting. I take some slow quiet deep breaths then feel something hit my hand; it’s a piece of paper. I perk a brow and open the little note. It’s from Draco:
“Hey,
I know you were just acting earlier; you don’t have to feel bad about it. Though, you are one hell of an actress.”

I smile and tuck the note into my bag while jotting some notes in my spiral. “Draco I thought you were going to speak to Professor Slughorn about sitting with me, or at least someone else.” I grit my teeth… Pansy. I forgot that vile girl was in this class as well. I simply keep my eyes on my book and notes as she runs her stupid mouth.

“I’ve told you Pansy I tried but you know how Slughorn is, he won’t change his mind over something he deems little.”

“Poor Draco it must be awful for you.”

I slam my pencil down and snap my head in her direction, “I’m right here bitch and it isn’t a friggin’ picnic for me either so we all have to deal with it. Now move along.” She glares at me and pouts back to her seat. She’s probably going to whisper bullcrap to her little friend. I think that’s one of the things I simply cannot stand from people, telling rumors just because they’re jealous of the other person. I take some deep breaths to calm the shakiness in my hands. Professor Slughorn walks in happily, as usual, and proceeds to move straight to the lecture about the hiccoughing potion. I chuckled a few times, who would come up with such a potion? Lecture ends after an hour and I gather all of my things while watching Draco at the corner of my eye. I clench my jaw as I see Pansy put her arms around him and they walk out of the room. How much of that can I even take? I shake my head then after I think they are down the hall a ways I exit the room.

The weeks pass and Draco and I try to see more and more of each other. I can’t stop thinking about him and every time I see him with Pansy I want to vomit. The night of the Halloween dance is closing in and I can hardly contain myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is waaaay late, I've been at least writing every week but I think it's been over two this time. Like I said my computer is still caput and also I'm heart broken. We found a newborn kitten in our shed and I was bottle feeding it its first and last three days of life. I guess something was wrong with him and he passed away really suddenly. The vet kept telling me to wait until morning and I did... So please if you have animals and you KNOW something's wrong, don't wait for the vet to realize then need to see them. Find someone and take them to that vet. This experience has made me change my major again, I've decided to go for Vet Tech now instead of a counselor. Hope you all have a good week. P.S. Thank you to my new subscriber!