Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Seventeen

Recap: Rowyn and Draco aren’t going to let anyone get in the way of them seeing each other, even though it’s behind closed doors… er classrooms. However; seeing Draco with Pansy several times a day is getting to Rowyn and she may just lose it.

And so it continues…
Finally it’s the day of the dance and I am so freaking excited! Hermoine and I decided to get ready together in the girls bathroom down the hall. It’s only lunch time though right now. Ugh time goes by so slow sometimes! I snatch up my batman jacket and head down stairs then out of the common room. I make my way to the Great Hall and sit down to eat while thinking of how I’m going to do my makeup. I eat then look up and spot Hermione then wave and point to the doors, she nods and we stand at the same time. We find each other outside in the courtyard and sit on a bench. “Are you super excited?” I squeal and she shrugs, “What? Are you serious?”

“I’m just not a party person, exactly. I don’t know what I’m going to do with my makeup, I mean I have a slight idea but…” She trails off.

“Don’t worry we’ll figure something out, though it would have been a better idea to practice the night or even days before. We definitely need to get ready a couple of hours ahead of time then.” She nods, albeit reluctantly. We finish our conversation then part ways; I head back to the Slytherin common room. Okay so the dance begins at 7pm and ends at midnight, therefore, we need to get our stuff together and go to the bathroom around 5pm or 5:30pm give or take. I sit at one of the many tables and stare out of the window into the black lake. I shudder; it’s really creepy but quite interesting to look at. Someone sits next to me and stays silent for a few seconds.

“Rowyn, I’m sorry about… Well, you know that day I went kind of mental. I really don’t know what happened. Anyway, I know you might not forgive me but all I ask is that you give me a chance. If you still don’t want to go with me to the dance that’s okay, but I’d like at least, to dance one dance with you tonight.” He gave me a beseeching look and I turned my attention back to the window.

“I’ll think about it Terence.” I stood up from my seat and went back to my dorm to go through my makeup in case Hermione needed any. I don’t have a crap ton of makeup but I have a few different shades of eye shadow and maybe two different kinds of eyeliner, haha. I put my makeup bag aside and lay my costume on top then sigh and turn to Pandora. “Now what Panda?” She stares at me with a tilted head and bright green eyes. “Oh alright then.” I grab her favorite bit of shoe lace and play with her for around half an hour; we then take an hour nap. I awaken, stretch then stuff all of the things I’m going to need to get ready into my hot pink drawstring bag and head out of the room. I practically skip down the hall at 4:45pm. I hope Hermione’s in the library; I forgot to figure up a time to meet to get ready… I mean I did figure it up… But that is in my head.

Finally I do, in fact, find her and we walk to the Gryffindor tower chit chatting. I wait for her outside around the corner of their common room painting. As I am waiting Ginny comes walking around the corner and stops to talk to me. After she tells me what she’s dressing up as, which is a princess, I tell her of an idea to take a picture of us all after or before the dance with my camera. “That sounds like a great idea Rowyn!” I smile proudly and we part ways as Hermione rounds the corner. We make our way to the bathroom and begin putting our makeup on. I help Hermione choose some eyeshaddow colors and we both get to “work” on our faces. All of our hard work takes roughly 30 minutes give or take then we pack up our things.

“Alright, well I gotta run back to my room and get dressed plus do something with my hair. I’ll meet you in front of the Great Hall doors, kay?” She nods and we part ways again. I slip my backpack over my shoulders and walk back to my dorm room. I place my bag onto my bed and change into my costume then head to the bathroom to fix my hair, which takes an hour to do. (Link to my hair here )
I slip on my faux leather knee high combat boots then stare at my nightstand while standing in the middle of the room. I had brought, for some reason, this terribly cute masquerade mask from back home. I hadn’t gotten to wear it in America, so I decided to throw that on as well and head out of the door. (Pretend with the mask that there is a white lace piece underneath instead of it being totally see-through.) Before I head down the stairs I look myself over so I know nothing is out of place then descend the stairs. My heart pounds loudly in my chest as my boots touch the floor. I catch Draco’s glance in my direction as his gaze stops on me. I want so badly to smile at him, hug him, or tackle him, something! I sigh internally and continue walking through the painting and into the hallway. I raise my head high and make my way to the Great Hall to find Hermione.

I finally find her after standing by the doors for a couple of minutes. She looks beautiful. I slip my camera out of my pirate coin purse and snap some photos of us. We search for the others in the Great Hall and find them seated at one of the many round tables in the room. I take many more pictures of my friends and the decorations when I spy a very handsome male at the other end of the room. I snap a quick picture and return to chatting with my friends. Professor Dumbledore gets the rooms attention and introduces the band they got to play tonight, The Witching Weasels. They were pretty good, playing some rock and a bit of pop. I looked around at my table of friends and perked my brow. “Um is no one going to dance or…?” They looked at one another then back to me and shrugged. I sigh loudly and hop up from my seat. “Well come one then!” I grab Hermione and Ginny by their arms and hear protests but ignore them.

“But Rowyn-” Hermione yells but I cut her off.

“No buts Hermione I want to dance and y’all are going to go with me.” The boys stayed behind snickering. There were already some guys and girls on the dance floor getting after it. I made my way through some of them with the girls in tow behind me then find a perfect spot to let loose. After a minute or two of attempting to persuade them to dance and not care what people think I am able to get them moving a bit. We dance around for a couple of songs and at some point I feel like I’m being watched. I glance around while trying to pay attention to my friends and keeping up with the beat and see Draco leaning again a wall holding a drink and gazing at me. I can feel the warmth of a blush spreading across my cheeks as I keep dancing. He then places his drink on a nearby table ignoring the talkative Blaise beside him.

The dance floor became dimly lit and I lose sight of my dashing secret. I shake my head and continue dancing with my friends who seem to have gotten a bit tired. I sniggered and they glared at me playfully. “Alright you two, I think I’ve made you dance for long enough. Thanks.” They share a laugh and slowly make their way off the dance floor. As I’m following them I feel an arm snake its way around my waist and my stomach does a back flip. The stranger places their hands upon my hips softly and pulls me backward into them. I spin around to face my stranger, “Draco,” I breathed as he pulls me close. More students walk onto the dance floor and begin jumping around and having fun. Draco moves with me, matching my rhythm.

“You dance well!” I yell and he laughs. “But we’re in public, won’t someone say something?”

He leans close to my ear, “I don’t think anyone knows it’s you. Because a) they don’t pay attention, and b) they’re just idiots.” We kept dancing when suddenly a slow song came on. He takes my hand and we slow dance but almost that ballroom type but not quite as fancy… If that makes sense. At the end of the song I catch Pansy attempting to make her way to us so I grab Draco and take off with him while she’s being held off, not purposely, by other dancing couples. We slip behind one of the large speakers and his lips crash into mine unexpectedly. He pulls away eventually and I peck him on the mouth twice before he hurries away smiling back at me. I make my way back to my friends grinning like a fool and they stare at me with confused expressions.

Hermione looks up as if someone is standing behind me; I panic inwardly and turn around. “Terence?”

“Hello, Rowyn.” He runs a hand through his shiny auburn colored hair, “Was wondering if I could uh, have that dance?” I perked a brow, although he did a douche thing, he did seem really upset and sorry about it.

“I suppose, let’s go.” I stand and smooth out my pirate dress then take his arm as he leads me to the dance floor. We begin dancing and he seems awkward, not near as daring or as confident as Draco. We make it through the song and I go back to my friends glad from getting through it. Wow, I mouth as Ginny looks at me. We chit chat and have a great time, but I catch myself periodically searching the sea of students, which are beginning to disperse, for the blond I can never get out of my head. Finally I spot him and to my disappointment he has his arm around Pansy, I knew it wasn’t a real relationship but it still made my stomach feel like it was going to fall out of my body. Draco looks up and around the room, his gaze falls on me and my sullen face. His expression is pained and he releases his fake hold on his pretend girlfriend. A smile slides across my face and his expression softens as well, he then turns back to having his conversation with Blaise. “I should be going, gotta wake up semi early tomorrow.”

My friends stare at me with puzzled expressions on their faces. “Why?” Hermione asks.

“Because someone is teaching me to fly!” I exclaim excitedly.

“Oh that’s right! Glad you reminded me.” Harry says. I wave a goodbye to them all and walk out into the corridor heading to the Slytherin common room.

“Rowyn wait!” I close my eyes and take a deep breath before turning around and putting on a small fake smile.

“Terence, what’s up?” He has a hand in his pocket and he’s looking nervous.

“I-I just I know we won’t become anything, but I just wanted you to have this.” He quickly takes his hand out of his pocket and just as I am about to protest he shoves a box into my hands. “Just a sweet apology.” He chuckles nervously.

I perk a brow and glance down at the box. I slowly slip off the lid and spot four chocolate hearts. “Oh, um well thanks Terrence.” I am really not one to accept gifts well. I feel so awkward…

“Y-yeah just something, I don’t know, I wasn’t sure if you even liked chocolate but…” He keeps fidgeting and it’s beginning to make ME nervous so I slide the lid back on and smile.

“Well I’ll have them later I’m not hungry right now. I’m actually going up to my room right now, I’m very tired. I’ll see you tomorrow or something.” He starts to say something but I turn and leave wanting nothing more than to get away from him.
“Wait, Rowyn!”

I sigh and wince before turning around to wait for Terence to jog up to me. “Yes?”

“Draco’s no good for you Rowyn, he never will be. Besides Pansy’s already told me that she plans on marrying him when they turn eighteen.”

The most insane laughter flows from my throat; I’d never heard this side of me. “Oh yeah? Somehow I doubt that, it’s all in her stupid delusional head. And why is she telling you all of this? Are y’all like, in cahoots?” I poke his chest hard with my finger. “You’re just a little pawn in her plan, doing what she says like a little puppy. Do you not get that?”

“She tells me everything because I have easier ways of getting what she wants. In return she helps me get what I want when I can’t do so myself.”

“What do you mean get her what she wants?”

He shrugs, “Getting someone to do her homework, check on Draco, and whatever else she wants.”

“So she gets to threaten me and take Draco and you get what? What specifically does she do to make good on your little arrangement?” I glare.

“Oh but Rowyn, that’s a secret.” He winks and I sneer.

“Stay away from me Terence.” I spin around to head to the common room.

“You’ll come looking for me Rowyn, mark my words.” He says maliciously. I spy Draco with Pansy getting to the common room before me and they stop, Draco notices me. I wonder what she has in store for him. I wonder just what Terence actually does for her, especially when it comes to Draco.

I stand in my hiding spot as every bad thought in the world races through my mind. Oh shit, what if she’s planning some Romeo and Juliet crap, because she thinks it’s a friggin’ romance story? No, no way, she loves everyone looking at them too much. I ponder these things so intensely I don't notice that Draco came to stand in front of me.

“Oh!” I exclaim.

He gives me a puzzled look. “What’s wrong?”

“Uh, I’m not sure yet. I’ll tell you later when I have more information. Just don’t believe things Pansy says.. or Terence for that matter.” He nods, reluctantly. "I have to go, I'm getting up early tomorrow." I walk away from him, into the common room, then up the stairs to my room. I change for bed and talk to Pandora before lying down and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally got back to this after almost a year, wow. For anyone who's read this or is new to it, I had originally had Terence give Rowyn a cursed ring and none of what I wrote afterwards made much sense. It was rushed and just kind of out there... Basically it was really stupid in my eyes. So perhaps this new version will work out.