Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Eighteen

Recap: Rowyn goes to the dance with her friends, she had such a fun time dolling herself up and dancing. She was even able to dance with Draco and later danced, reluctantly, with Terence. But nights such as those seem like fairy tales, until the shit hits the fan. Terence vaguely explains to Rowyn that he and Pansy have an arrangement, which leads Rowyn to all different types of conclusions as to what their evil deeds consist of.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…

I roll over in the morning and check the time, six am. Hey, just like one of my favorite bands. I smile and roll over to get another half hour of sleep. I slowly sit up and pat Pandora’s head as she meows. I slide off my bed, gather a t-shirt and jeans, and then head to the bathroom. I put very little makeup on and braid my hair loosely to the side. I toss my nightclothes onto my bed then glance over at the small box of chocolates that Terence gave me. Pfft, idiot. I slap them into the trash beside the table then walk out of the room. Passing through the painting on my way into the hall I overhear a conversation between two females about Draco and Pansy.

“Well have you seen them? It’s like their relationship or whatever it is, is changing!” I perk a brow to myself as I head toward the Great Hall, ‘what’s that supposed to mean?’ I shrug it off, though keeping the conversation in the VERY back of my mind. I enter the dining hall and sit at my usual spot then make my plate and eat. I search the Gryffindor table and find Harry, Hermione, and Ron eating together. Okay I’ll just wait outside if I finish before Harry, but I need a broom, who’s can I use?

Perhaps Madame Hooch will let me borrow one eh? I finish eating and race through the halls toward the Professors quarters and thankfully, albeit coincidently find Madame Hooch. “Oh Madame Hooch!!” I shout a bit too loudly. She gives me an odd look. “Sorry, I um, you see… I’ve never flown before and Harry said he’d teach me but I don’t have a broom and I can’t buy one yet because it’s Sunday and-” My whole sentence practically ran together as if I’d had too many soda’s.

“Calm down child. You may borrow a broom, but you must take care of it and bring it back as soon as you’re done. Understood?” She gives me a stern glance and I nod furiously. I follow her to a room with different types of equipment, then I spot the brooms. She searches through some of them before taking one out of the pile and handing it to me. I stare at the worn contraption, some of the wood was split from years of use. “Sorry dear that’s all we’re allowed unless you purchase your own.”

“I shrug, I’m only learning, there’s nothing wrong with this one. It has character, it’s… experienced.” I smile and Madam Hooch chuckles then locks up the room as I skip away. I race out to the Quidditch pitch where, thankfully; no one is practicing. I glance around and finally catch a glimpse of Harry’s dark head of hair. “Harry!” I shout and jog up to him. My heart pounds with excitement as I anticipate learning something new.

“Are you ready to learn to fly?” He asks grinning.

“Of course!” I squeal. He laughs and explains how to call the broom and then positioning. He tells me to push off the ground and hover; I do, shakily. “Look I’m doing it!” I laugh happily and Harry merely shakes his head, mounts his broom, and hovers with me.

“You’re not there yet. You need to go up now.” I take a deep breath and hope that I won’t die; I gently pull up on the broom and begin rising higher. “Too slow!” I pull a little bit harder and shoot into the air twirling as I do.

“Woohoo!” I scream and slowly attempt to lessen the brooms speed. The broom stops abruptly and I nearly lose my balance but Harry grabs me and steadies me. “Uh thanks perhaps I should calm down.” He nods, partially shaken.

“Now what you’re going to do is lean forward a bit but try not to push the tip of your broom down because.. well then you’ll go down.” I nod and lean forward slightly and the broom moves at a steady pace, I head toward one of the Quidditch rings and lean left missing it barely.

“Holy crap!” I stop my broom and turn my head to see Harry coming up beside me, “That was close!”

“You’re telling me! Be careful Rowyn.”

“Yes, Dad.” I mock and he shakes his head. “I believe I’ve gotten the basics. Wish I could go and get a broom now.” I pout while willing my broom to descend slowly. I touch the ground and nearly fall, oh yeah gravity.

“Yeah that’ll get you the first few times.” Harry snickers. “Also,” He steps closer to me, “We could get you a broom today.” I take a step back.

“You know you sound like you’re trying to get me into trouble or sell me drugs right now…”

He shakes his head again, “No, the twins showed me a secret passage, it goes to Hogsmeade. As long as we go before lunch we should be golden.” I jump up and clap my hands.

“Then what the hell are we waiting for?” I grab his hand and practically drag him back to the castle and to Madam Hooch to drop off the broom then to the Gryffindor common room to drop off Harry’s. He then takes me to the secret tunnel and we make our way through hurriedly. We sneak out of the sweet shops store room then through the store unnoticed. I had a mini heart attack the whole way here. Harry takes me to the grocer to get my money then we head straight for the broom shop where I purchase the Turbo XXX . We race back to the sweet shop, thankfully there are a bunch of small children there, the store workers had their hands full. We sneak back into the school unnoticed, or so I thought. “Alright I’m going to drop this off at my room, even though I don’t want to, and we’ll meet back up after lunch if you want.” He nods and we part ways temporarily.

As I’m skipping down the halls to the Slytherin tower I hear someone call my name behind me. I groan inwardly and turn around. “What do you want?” I ask; my words drowning in disgust. Terence makes his way closer to me.

“How are things?” He asks while examining me.

“Just dandy, how’s your wench?”

“Who?” He asks.

“Pansy, you moron.”

“She isn’t my ‘wench’.”

I scoff, “oh okay.”

“You don’t get it do you? I care about you Rowyn, that’s why I do the things that I do.”

Confusion plasters itself to my face for a second or two, “Well you sure have a stupid way of showing it fool! Besides you never had, nor ever will have a chance with me Terence.” I glare and sneer.

“We’ll see about that, after… No perhaps I shouldn’t tell you just yet.” I seriously cannot stand when people do this crap, oh I’ll let you have just enough information before I take it away and then want you to beg for the full bucket of gossip. I roll my eyes and spin around then walk away. “Wait, don’t you want to know what it is?”

“What-what is?” I let the annoyance bounce off every syllable. He jogs up to me and grabs my arm.

“What I was going to tell you.”

I shrug, “I could care less, I don’t play games like that. You’re either going to tell me or you’re not.”

“Pansy got Draco something.”

I stop trying to walk away. “Got him what exactly?” I ask not allowing the worry in my head betray my fierce expression.

“I’m not sure, but I know she said it will show him how much she loves him.”

“I want to punch your smug face off.” I turn and leave as he is about to speak again.

Draco’s POV:
Sunday Afternoon
Rowyn seemed distracted at breakfast this morning, I wonder what’s going on with her. We haven’t spoken since last night, though it hasn’t been that long it feels forever because I’ve been thinking about what she said. “…Just don’t believe things Pansy says.. or Terence for that matter.” Pansy has been up my arse all day. I don’t know how much more I can take. She’s been trying to tell me nasty rumors about Rowyn and Terence, it’s not true, I know that for a fact, it’s sad really. Pansy sits beside me on one of the couches in the common room, “Yeah I think I’m going to head up to my room for a while, catch up on homework or something.”

“But Draco this is our time.” She pouts, merely making herself look more pathetic.

I stand, “School comes first since dad’s been on my case lately.” I walk away leaving her there. I step into my room and sigh. I perk a brow though, as I notice a small 4x4x2 inch box lying on my night table. Who’s been in my room? I begin to get angry but I open the box and lying on some chocolate’s there’s a note:

“Draco,
I thought I’d get you something since I’m working now and actually have money. I don’t know if you even like chocolate but I bought it anyway. See ya, dollface.
~Rowyn~

I read over the letter again as I pop one of the candies into my mouth. “Wow this is-” I stop and go into some kind of mental fog where all I can think about is Pansy. At first part of me knows this is wrong but it’s as if something is pulling me saying “give in” and I will feel whole. If I don’t I won’t feel satisfied or content. End Draco’s POV.

Rowyn's POV:
I run upstairs and finish the last bits of my homework but don’t dare go back downstairs. Now, what the hell did Pansy get Draco to show her “love”?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this version is definitely coming together much better.