Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Twenty

Recap: Rowyn senses that something is wrong with Draco, but according to all the information she’s gathered he couldn’t possibly be the victim of a love potion. So does he truly love Pansy? All she can do is go through her classes, keep her grades up so she can graduate, and move on with life.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues…

After classes, I decide to write a letter to Fred and George telling them about Draco and of course asking them about life. As I finish my letters I begin to think of my parents. What did they do when they found Pandora and me gone I wonder. Did they get angry? Were they worried about my wellbeing, or just worried that the person they hoped would become a con artist for them was missing? Eh, whatever. I roll up my letters, tie them closed, and head to the owlery. I find Hedwig and give her my letters telling her who to give them to. Will they even give me advice? Will they merely tell me to move on like Hermione? They all hate him; say he’s evil and vile. So why do I like him so much? This all seems like a terrible cliché. I place my earbuds into my ears and turn on my music to listen to “Blind” by Kesha. I make my way down the steps outside of the owlery and disregard the students who pass by; not that they pay me much attention anyway.

I sulk to the library to catch up on some homework before supper occasionally glancing up to stare at other students. What are they most hopeful for I wonder? Are they worrying about having a boyfriend or girlfriend, or do they worry more about grades and becoming something great? I finish the last bits of my DADA essay and place everything into my bag. I stand, push in my chair, and make my way back to the Slytherin common room. I jog up the steps to my room and toss my bag onto my bed. “Hello Panda.” I say and smile at my beloved cat. I kick off my shoes, hop upon my bed, then take out my potions homework. I can finish Muggle Studies after supper. As I hurriedly finish up the last few questions of my potions homework I slip my shoes back on and place my bag beside my nightstand before heading back down the stairs to the common room. I take a deep breath while crossing the room; my sights on the painting.

I arrive at the Great Hall without having to see Draco and Pansy, or Terrance for that matter. I sit down, quickly load my plate, and begin eating. I steal a glance at the Gryffindor table and spot my friends happily chatting away, though; Hermione shakes her head a few times. Hmm. I then catch a bit of a conversation of three boys just a few seats from me over the Quidditch match that is this weekend. Oh right, it’s November. It’s too bad I couldn’t join, but I don’t know much about it so it’s probably better this way, well, and the fact that I’d be on the Slytherin team. It puts a damper on things when you realize you would have to play with a bunch of cynical fools. I snort at my own thoughts and finish my meal. Perhaps Harry would like to fly with me after supper before curfew. As I am about to get up from my seat I hear an awful sound, someone’s incessant laughter. I turn my head to face the hideous being that is Pansy Parkinson, of course.

I dare to stay my glance just a bit longer only to have my heart sink again once I see his wonderful face. He is affectionate with her, but not like this morning. I frown and furrow my brows while contemplating this new bit of information. What’s going on? Has his impressive façade worn away from all the “smooching” and sickly sweet talk? That.. That he didn’t actually mean! Hold on Rowyn, you don’t know that. Perhaps something has happened in his family and he just isn’t up to it. Suddenly, Draco stands, gives Pansy a quick peck on the head, and walks toward the hallway. I stand and follow him down the hall then around a corner. I stand behind a pillar thinking he may turn around. What exactly am I doing? What am I going to say? “I know you’re there.” He says with his head turned partially toward my hiding spot.

“How did you know?” I say as I step around the pillar and come into view.

“I just knew.” He turns to face me, “I thought we talked about this.”

“Oh I know. I was just curious if we could be friends. Also I know that you are one of the top Quidditch players, therefore, you must know how to fly quite well…”

“And?” His effort at seeming uninterested fails. I almost smile.

“And I’ve only had one lesson. Having someone to teach me more, and possibly better tricks would be beneficial. And who knows, perhaps I’ll decide to become a Quidditch player in the big leagues.”

He chuckles, oh that lovely laugh of his; not an awful snicker, but a genuine laugh. “There’s that laugh of yours. I was beginning to think she had sucked it out of you.”

His smile fades slowly, “No, merely this school. I can’t wait to be out of here.” You’re almost overstepping, Rowyn.

“Very well, do you accept my invitation to fly for a bit around the Quidditch pitch? We’ll be back before curfew, promise.” I give him a small smile and tilt my head.

He sighs, “Oh alright, I’ll meet you in the hall across from the painting.” I nod and walk happily away as he heads to the bathroom. I damn near skip to the Slytherin tower then enter the painting. I race up the stairs to my room and snatch up my broom then race back out of the painting to the hall that Draco designated as our meeting spot. After several minutes, I hear someone come around the corner and see the gorgeous blonde. “Come on, I only have half an hour to fly with you.” My lips curve into a pout as I look up at him. “That isn’t going to change my mind Rowyn.” He seems irritated but the small smile he attempts to hide betrays him.

“Very well, let’s take off!” I race for the Quidditch pitch and Draco trails behind me by a few feet, though he’s closing in. We grow nearer to the pitch and I can hear him getting closer. I stop just short of the pitch to catch my breath, so out of shape. We step onto the field and I cut my eyes toward him. “Bear with me, I just bought this broom,” He shoots me a sly smile and it makes a shudder run down my spine.

“Are you okay?”

I blush and chuckle, “Uh, yep. Let’s go.” I say quickly and straddle my broom. I take a deep breath and kick off to hover above the ground for a moment. I then slowly began to rise focusing on “bonding” with my new broom.

“Oh come on, get some speed going!” Draco shouts while flying away from me.

“You’d better catch me then if I fall!” I shout back. I push my broom to go faster as I zoom upward twirling in the twilight sky. I slow my speed just a bit as I continue zipping up, I close my eyes and smile brightly. I stop my broom and open my eyes, I’m up so high I’m able to gaze at the enormity that is the Hogwarts castle. What a vision. I lean forward as if to lie down on my broom handle admiring the view when Draco zooms up beside me. I wobble a bit and he shoots an arm out to steady me. Oh how I’ve missed his touch. “You nearly knocked me off my broom!”

“Sorry…” He grumbles. I tilt my head and perk a brow.

“You’ve changed, love.” I raise my arm and attempt to touch his face, but he snatches my wrist and holds onto it.

“Don’t. Rowyn I-” He is cut off and I feel nauseated.

“Draco! You need to drink your tonic, you’re mother said so!” Pansy’s voice alone makes it difficult to resist the urge to take my foot and stomp her face in. I was so close, so close. Draco lowers himself to the ground to take whatever “tonic” Pansy brought with her. He hugs her and pecks her on the lips! That’s it… it must be in that… whatever that is. Perhaps? Well now I have no idea, I’m beginning to think I’m completely mad. I lower myself and touch the ground then get off my broom. As I’m walking toward the castle I continue to play different scenarios in my head. Ugh, mental disorders suck! The sky grows darker every minute and I hear a low rumbling of thunder. I love the rain. I am a few yards away from the castle steps and the rain falls small drop by small drop. The rain picks up as I get under the shelter of the castle. I hold my broom close to me and am mesmerized by the droplets that shine in the moonlight. What am I going to do?

I race to the common room to get to the dorms and change my clothes, but before I can I spy Terrance sitting at one of the tables beside the windows. He glances up from his thoughts and smirks at me. He stands and walks over to me, though I continue heading for the stairs. He grabs my wrist and gently turns me to face him. I ball up my other fist; ready to strike. “You’re avoiding me Rowyn, that hurts.” He feigns a solemn expression and places his other hand over his heart.

“Oh sooo sorry, I’ll just put my broom up and be right back.” I turn, but his grip on my wrist doesn’t loosen, “Let go, Terrance or I shall shove my fist into your face.” My glare gets fiercer as I stare at him.

“Oh come on, don’t be like that.” He closes the distance between us and tries to touch my face but I turn. He then grabs my face roughly and kisses me, I raise my hand and slap him. He grabs my other hand and shakes me, but before he can say anything, someone yanks him back by the collar of his shirt. He falls to the ground and my heart pounds loudly in my chest as I spot Draco, a furious Draco.

“Stay away from her.” He spat at Terrance, he then looks at me and his expression softens, but then it melts into that lovey haze, love for Pansy. Oh good if I freaking put myself in danger perhaps he’ll snap out of it. I sigh inside.

“Drakie, what’s going on?” The half-wit comes walking down the stairs. Were they sleeping together? Figures. I grit my teeth and practically stomp up the stairs to my room. I’m not sure what
“Drakie” said to that trollop and I didn’t care. I place my broom next to my bed, change into my nightclothes, and slide under the covers hugging Pandora. I listen to the rain beating against the windows and slowly fall asleep.

I wake to my alarm and quickly shut it off. I groggily swing my legs over the edge of my bed and stretch. I stand; gather my school uniform, make up, and hair gel. After showering and doing my day-to-day routine, I snatch up my things and take them back to my room. Grabbing my bag, I sigh, knowing I’ll see Draco snuggled up to Pansy at some point in the day. I enter the Great Hall and sit down to eat a bit of breakfast before going to Transfiguration. Oh wait, I begin to feel nauseated as I snatch up my bag, I suddenly remember Draco sits directly next to me. At least Pansy isn’t in the class though. I make my way to class and sit in my usual seat after saying a polite hello to Professor McGonagall. Draco sits beside me and I turn to face him. “Hello.”

He cuts his eyes to me and only slightly turns his face toward me, “Hello.”

“I wanted to say thank you for last night.”

“Don’t mention it. I don’t like that parasite.”

I smile, “You and me both.” I pause, “I was wondering if you would want to fly again tonight…”

“I can’t, Pansy doesn’t want me to.” My heart sinks even lower, if that’s possible.

“That’s never stopped you before.” I grumble.

“Well we’re more serious than we were. I’m going to ask her to marry me when my parents have their yearly Christmas ball for all of the Slytherin’s.”

“I am actually going to be sick.”

“Why can’t you be happy for me?”

“Because you’re being bewitch you idiot!” I whisper angrily and he laughs at me!

“I’ll prove it to you Draco Malfoy. Then you’ll feel like a complete fool.” Before he can retort Prof. McGonagall stands and begins her lecture. After class I rush to the library to avoid Draco. I start some of my homework as well as write up a plan to get to that “tonic” of Pansy’s. The school has so many charms I don’t think I can find it in time without suspicion. I’ll have to wait until the stupid Christmas ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually had this written four days ago, but low and behold one of our old trees decided to break off or it got struck by lightning during the storm we had I'm not sure. Either way, it tore down the power lines to our house. We've been without electricity since early Sunday morning, it JUST NOW got fixed. It's been in the 30's and 40's here, luckily our house has two gas heaters, the problem is they're located in the bathroom (one in my room and one in mums on the other side of the house) and they're only about 1ft tall by 1ft wide and believe me the heat doesn't carry too far, so I had to sleep on my loveseat with four cats wanting to lie on top of me for warmth. Though I did get to read four books (they're ones I've already read but oh well) and I wrote 10 pages. It just seemed like one thing after another kept keeping us from getting our power back. I now know what writing by oil lamp feels like. Just goes to show how spoiled some of us are, I was so bored, and it was difficult to sleep because I ALWAYS sleep with my tv on, usually playing an Adventure Time DVD. Anyway enough of my rant, hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!