Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Twenty-Four

Recap: Rowyn pays for thieves that Blaise knows to get her the ingredients for the hate potion to counter act the love potion that is taking over Draco’s mind. She also finds the perfect outfit to wear to the Malfoys Christmas dance. Finally receiving all of the necessary parts to the potion Rowyn puts them together and starts the first few steps to brewing it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues…

I wake in the morning and ready for classes. I feel almost giddy as I think of the potion bubbling in my suitcase. I start to wonder what Draco will do once he is free of Pansy’s influence. I head down to breakfast and smile at Blaise and Draco as I pass them, and I swear I see the corner of Draco’s lips twitch into a small smirk. I sit at the table and eat my meal while my mind races with different thoughts. I sling my bag over my shoulder and set off to DADA. We spend the hour discussing Inferi, aka, corpses that have been bewitched to do a Dark wizard’s bidding. It is quite interesting and just really makes me think of all the zombie movies that are conjured up every year, though Inferi are not actually zombies. “I want a full parchment page written on Inferi, how they are created, and how they would be used.” Prof. Snape says as he glowers at the class.

Class ends and we file out of the room. I head to Muggle Studies we learn about video games and why muggles love them so much. I laugh… a lot. The professor lets me talk a bit about my favorite games, and I am ecstatic. After class, my face beams while I walk to the Great Hall for lunch. Eating happily, I sneak glances at Draco who seems to be staring into space. I finish my meal and stand my vision set on Draco; I walk out of the dining hall and follow them to Potions class. After learning a couple more potions, class is finally over and I set off toward the library to start my DADA essay. I sit down and write as much as I can in an hour, I don’t want to stay too long. I actually get quite a bit done when Draco comes in searching for a book. (Go figure, in a library). Interesting, Pansy is not up his butt this time. Draco searches for a while before I speak, “Draco.” He turns and steps over to me.

“Rowyn.”

“What are you looking for?” I ask.

“More on the Inferi.”

I place my parchment and quills into my bag and stand. “Why don’t you ask for help?”

“From who? Ms. Pince? Ha!” As he let out his little laugh I hear a shush from around the corner and attempt to stifle a giggle.

“Understandable, I’ll help you then.” We look at different volumes and eventually find one book on the Inferi.

“Thanks, I have to go now.” He says and quickly departs. Of course. I sigh as I watch him leave ahead of me and step out of the library.

“Rowyn!” I hear my name and spin around to see Blaise jogging up to me.

“Yes?” I perk a brow.

“You still working on that thing for that Gryffindor?” He smirks.

“Yes.”

“When is it going to be ready? I want to be there when you do.. Uh whatever it is you’re going to do.”

“It’s actually going to take all Christmas break. Well, not all Christmas break but by the time I’ve finished everything it will be done then so I’ll have to wait until after break to complete my plan.”

“Bummer, well let me know. Oh I guess you should meet me by the train Sunday, so you can hop a ride with me and Draco… and Pansy.”

“Oh God, I have to ride with her also?” I pout.

“Yeah, sorry. Anyway I gotta go, see ya.” I wave as he jogs away and continue on my way to the Slytherin tower. I will have to be on my best behavior on that ride to the Malfoy’s, otherwise Draco may say I can’t come. Great. I enter the common room and see a few Slytherin students chatting as I set my sights on the stairs that leads to my dorm. I hop up the steps and walk into the room plopping down on my bed. I sigh once more then sit up and take out my homework for the day. After a couple of hours, I finish everything but the Inferi essay. I shut my books and stick them in the drawers of my nightstand then get my Tuesday books and shove them into my bag. I go down to supper and eat silently as I do most days. I stand and walk out of the Great Hall. As I round a corner, someone grabs my shoulder and spins me around. I gasp as my heart races when Draco leans in, too close for comfort.

“What are you doing?” I question angrily. His face seems more pale than usual and I can tell he’s holding back some kind of tremor.

“Pansy… s-she’s done something…” He chokes out. “I can’t…”

“Draco!” I hear that horrid girl shout down the hall. “Where did you go?”

I stare at Draco and start to touch his face, but he turns to leave me as if he completely changed. “Don’t worry Draco, I’m working on it.” He turns his head toward me and perks a brow as if he had no idea what I was talking about. I turn and keep walking toward the tower. I enter my room and take out my dreaded essay. After several more hours of reading in my textbook, playing with Panda, and becoming disconnected from the real world while staring into space, I finish it. I place my bag on the floor and fall asleep, still dressed in my uniform. I wake the next morning groggily and slowly slip out of bed. I shuffle to the bathroom with a clean uniform in my arms and change then do my business. I snatch up my bag and sleepily set off toward the Great Hall for breakfast. I eat and make my way to Transfiguration yawning occasionally.

The day goes by very slowly and I make my way back to my bed after lunch for a short nap during my free period. I am roused from my deep sleep by my alarm clock and take my time stretching then ambulate to Muggle Studies. Damn that nap was great. After class, I take off to the library to finish my homework. As I’m looking down at my definitions for Muggle Studies I can feel someone’s presence beside me so I stop writing and look up. I narrow my eyes as Pansy stares at me with disgust. “I’ve been informed that you’re going to the Malfoys for break, with Blaise.”

“As friends.”

“Well don’t get any ideas, the Malfoys don’t know who you really are and I can get you booted out of there real quick.” She crosses her arms and stands staring down at me with a snarky smirk.

“And who am I Pansy?”

“Some poor little American, a nobody. Someone they wouldn’t want hanging around their son.”

“Pansy, go threaten someone else.” I pack up my things and walk around her, “Now if you’ll excuse me I have work to do.” I couldn’t just not say anything to that halfwit. Perhaps I was gentle enough for her to kindly piss off. I head up stairs after slipping through the Slytherin common room to actually finish my homework. I write my last definition for MS and close my book triumphantly. By then it is time for supper and I walk to the dining hall with a smile on my face. I eat my meal and steal some glances at Draco. I stand and head to the Slytherin tower with much on my mind. What am I going to do with the potion, put it in something? Like candy, or a drink?

The rest of the school week goes by as usual, not too particularly slow, or fast. It’s Saturday and my last day of work until we return from break. I roll out of bed and dress for the day then head down to breakfast. I quickly eat some toast and set off toward the gate to walk to Hogsmeade. Another day another galleon! As the end of my shift gets closer, a couple of house elves come into the store. Always in rags they come. One of our more haughty customers bumps one making her spill the items she was carrying onto the floor. I help the house elf pick up her things and she quietly toddles away. My shift ends and I make my way back to the castle so I can eat supper and pack my things. I feel excited and immensely nervous all at the same time. I enter the dining hall and fill my plate. Someone sits down next to me and clears their throat.

“You ready for tomorrow?” Blaise asks.

“Somewhat.”

“Well remember just meet me at the train.” He says and I nod, he then gets up and walks back to
his seat next to Draco. I finish my meal and head to the common room. I enter my room and begin placing all my things in my suitcase, making sure not to tip the cauldron. I stir my concoction a few times and check my notes on how it should be looking, so far so good. I snatch up my alarm and set it for an early time so I can pour the potion into a cup with a lid. I lay out my clothes for tomorrow and gather my nightclothes then skip to the bathroom to take a shower. I gather all of my things apart from my makeup and such then walk back to my room. I stop just outside the door as I hear my roommates speaking to one another in hushed tones. “She said she saw the ring he’s going to give her!” Girl number one says excitedly. (I haven’t bothered to learn their names).

“Who would have thought he’d actually settle down, Draco of all people.” Says girl number 2.

“What do you mean? He and Pansy have been together forever!” Says girl number 3.

“Yeah, but he also messed with other girls during that time and she knew it,” says girl number 2.

“Yeah and then there was that mystery girl that Pansy would never tell us about, she always just said ‘well it’s over now’.” Says girl number 1. I open the door and perk my brow at them as they quickly shut their traps and begin looking at magazines. I put up my clothes and toiletries, then pat Pandora on her head and we fall asleep. My dreams are plagued by Draco and Pansy’s wedding, and as I try to interrupt the ceremony it’s like I’m running in slow motion. So by the time I get to the alter everyone has left and Draco and Pansy are on their way to their honeymoon. I wake to my alarm and am breathing somewhat heavily. I kick my legs over the side of the bed as I sit up and yawn groggily. I stand and take out a container then start ladling out my potion into it. I pour the last amount and twist on the lid. I clean my cauldron and dress for the day.

After slipping on my clothes, I sit on my bed and write a letter to each Fred and George, to thank them for my two ingredients they sent me. I throw in two trinkets I found at one of the shops in Hogsmeade. I slap on some makeup in the bathroom and scrunch some curl cream in my hair. I grab the rest of my things and shove them into my suitcase. I slip on my ski jacket, grab my letters, and set off toward the Owlery before breakfast. I find Hedwig and give her my letters; I watch her fly into the early morning air. At breakfast, I spot Pansy practically glowing with some kind of ecstatic happiness. Oh, you won’t be happy for long. We all sit around and wait for Professor Dumbledore to say a short speech and to wish us well on our holiday before eating our food. I eat my meal of grits and toast then stand and head back to my room to gather my things and double check to see if I have everything. I put Pandora in her kitty carrier and take everything to the Hogwarts gate where I spot a mountain of other student’s luggage.

“You all set?” A voice behind me calls.

I turn to see Blaise jogging up to me with Draco and Pansy trailing behind him. “Sure.” He places an arm around my shoulders, which makes me feel uncomfortable but I manage a small smile anyway. We get into our carriage that takes us to the train and sit in an awkward silence. When we reach our destination, we climb out of the carriage one by one and make our way onto the train. The train ride isn’t much better as far as conversation is concerned. I mainly listen to music and read one of the books I brought from home. Arriving at the train station Blaise leads me to a black car after I collect my things. We sit in the back seat together with the driver in the front. I guess Pansy threw a fit so we wouldn't have to ride together, hah. We pull up in front of a tavern like place and step inside.

“We have to floo from here.” Blaise tells me. I nod and watch him go first shouting, “Malfoy Manor!”

I grab my suitcase and Panda’s carrier then throw the floo powder and shout the same, “Malfoy Manor!” I step out of a much larger fireplace and stare in awe at the grandeur that is the small entryway.

“This way.” Blaise says and has me follow him through an even larger living room up one very grand set of stairs then down a couple of hallways and finally to a row of rooms. “Here’s yours.” He opens a door to a room filled with colors of black and deep plum. I spy a queen sized bed and a couple of dressers as well as a vanity.

“Nice.” I whisper and place Pandora on the bed opening her carrier.

“I know right?”

“So do they have a schedule or something like that?”

“Sort of, like, meals are always at the same time. Breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12 pm, dinner at 6pm. Um the pool is only open from 1-5pm every day-”

“They have a pool? Wait, of course they do.”

He chuckles, “I’ll let you get settled, my room is down the hall. Don’t go wandering by yourself or you may get lost.”

“Oh it’s a guarantee that I’ll get lost in here.” He laughs and leaves, shutting the door behind him. Great, now how do I find out which room is Draco’s? After several minutes of setting up my toiletries and clothes, I hear a knock at my door. I walk over and open it, there stands a house elf almost shaking.

“I’ve been sent by the master to offer assistance if you need it.”

“Oh uh, well I have one request, could you perhaps tell me which room is Draco’s?” The house elf looks up at me and I notice it is the female I helped at the grocery store. A hint of recognition crosses her face but she doesn’t say anything about the store.

“Master Draco’s room is down another hallway. I can take you.”

“Wait, is Pansy down there? I can’t go if she’s there.”

“She is at present, yes.”

“Look do me a favor if it won’t get you in trouble I need to speak to Draco alone without her interfering can you arrange that somehow?” She nods and disapparates. Yes my plan is close to being in motion, let’s hope everything goes as I want it to.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took longer than I had originally anticipated, but it's here now! Apparently trying to get healthier and exercise my bodies like, nope. So I have a bit of a cold I've literally been sleeping off. Anyway, enough of my excuses. Oh, also, thanks to two more subs and vjjc for commenting!