Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Four

Recap: Rowyn went shopping for school supplies when she makes the mistake of running into Draco as he was about to smite some boy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues…
I open my mouth and am just about to say something witty when I hear a familiar voice. “Rowyn? Where are ye?” I let out a sigh of relief after seeing the blonde’s expression go from complete fury, to recognition, then to fear.

I smirk, "over here Hagrid!” The blonde steps back and starts to walk away but I grab his jacket as Hagrid rounds the corner. Hagrid seems angry but it is a calm anger. “Hagrid I just met this boy he’s very sweet. I’m sorry; what was your name?”

He mumbles something and Hagrid speaks, “Yes I know very well who he is. Come on Rowyn we need to head back to the Leaky Cauldron.” I nod and smile my fakest brightest smile I can muster at the blonde boy and walk after Hagrid.

When we get back to the inn I look at Hagrid, “Hagrid, who WAS that boy?” Hagrid stops walking and hesitates before speaking.

“Well his name is Draco Malfoy and his father is one of the most evil wizards I’ve ever met. His father is a death eater and serves a wizard named- w-well I can't say the name but he's bad.” I nod and ask what a death eater is. Hagrid tells me they are people who fight for You-know-who and are pretty much his stupid lackeys that will bend over backward for him. I ponder this, we’d heard something like that back in Texas, but there wasn’t much information on it. As long as their war stayed overseas, the majority of the wizarding world in America didn’t care. However, a fair few DID care.

‘Well that little jerk had better not threaten me again. Or I’ll throat punch him.’ I get back to my room after saying goodbye to Hagrid and am greeted by Pandora meowing. I give her more food because as all of us cat owners know if you see the bottom of the bowl a cat will throw a fit. Nevertheless, I love her anyway. I put all of my books in my suitcase and place my clothes in the drawers of the only dresser in the room. Hagrid said I’d be staying several days because school wouldn’t start until then.

I sigh, ‘well crap’. This is going to be a long few days. I don’t know anyone here or where anything is aside from the few shops I went to. After staying in my room for a full day to read over some of the books I had for school; I finally had enough. “Alright Panda, sorry but I need human interaction.” She stares at me with her large owl like eyes as if to say, “You jerk.” I shake my head and chuckle, “I won’t be too long silly kitty butt.” I jump into the shower and wash and all of that good stuff. Then I decide on a Jake and Finn shirt and pair it with some medium washed flared jeans.

I step up to the bathroom mirror and slap on some makeup as well as a light smoky eye then run some gel through my long hair to create some subtle waves. Slipping on my DC’s and jacket I grab my bag and take off outside after locking my room. I take a deep breath before exiting the inn and step out into the street of Diagon Alley. It is late afternoon and I see many people and many more children and teenagers. I take a few more deep breaths and make my way further down Diagon Alley than the other day. I stare at all of the shops. I see of course the bookshop and Ollivanders. I also spot Eeylops Owl Emporium so I go in, there were owls everywhere!
I study most of them, they are very beautiful creatures, but it is a bit crowded so I quickly leave. I stare in the window of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

All of these buildings are so much different from what I am used to seeing. Seriously wish I had some money, ice cream sounds freaking awesome right now. I sigh and two boys plus a girl exit the shop holding their magically fancy ice cream cones. They turn to go in my direction and I smile, “Dadgummit those look delicious. Are there more places like this here?” They glance at one another as if I spoke a different language. After around 10 seconds of not receiving an answer I chew on my lip and say, “Well, alright then, see you later.” Good job Rowyn you sound crazy.

I turn to walk away but I am stopped by the girl speaking, “Sorry, uh yes there’s a few stalls down the way that sell sweets and different things. As far as a candy shop or something though, that’s in Hogsmeade. You’re not from here I take it?”

I shake my head, “Nah, I’m from America, just got here a couple of days ago. I met this fellow Hagrid and he helped me get my supplies and such.” They smile and say Hagrid nearly at the same time. “You know him then?”

They nod. “Yes he’s a dear friend he meets with all of the first years at Hogwarts but he took care of me when I was a baby for a bit.” Says one of the boys, he has shaggy black hair, mesmerizing green eyes, light skin with the body of someone who probably plays sports or something. Quite handsome, quite handsome indeed.

“That’s pretty cool, so are y’all going to Hogwarts this term?” I ask.

“Yes,” They say in unison. Then the girl turns to me, “I’m Hermione Granger,” I shake her hand, “And this is Harry,” she points to the black haired boy. “And Ron.” She points to the red haired boy. I say hello, tell them my name, and that I hope to see them at the school. They go on their way and I find a shop called Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. I step into the shop and see all kinds of strange things, Skiving Snackboxes, trick wands, Pygmy Puffs, love potions, and just more and more crazy stuff. It is neat though; still wish I had some money! I sigh again and head back to the door when someone puts their hand on my shoulder.