Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Five

Recap: Rowyn went into the Weasley twins joke shop and someone put a hand on her shoulder.
And so it continues….
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Not leaving yet are you?” A young man with red hair says while leading me toward some cauldrons.

“We are having a sale on these joke cauldrons, trick your friends and have a laugh at a low price!”

I chuckle nervously, “Uh, well I don’t have any money, sorry.” My face feels hot as he looks for something to say.

“No worries love. I’m Fred and you can come back any time.” He winks and again I chuckle nervously and slip away from him out the door. I take a deep breath as a cold breeze dances across my face.

“Um, er, Rowyn!” A male voice calls, seeming to have nearly forgotten my name. I spin around and spot Harry the black haired boy standing a few feet behind me. He walks toward me and smiles.

“Hello, Harry.” I can feel my face get hot, which happens when I meet cute boys… Or talk in front of a large group of people… Or in a classroom. I am very socially awkward, it just depends on the situation.

“Oh did you have a look around Fred and George’s shop?” He asks.

I nod, “Yes, shops here are very interesting.”

“Well did you meet them?” He asks and points to Fred and George’s names on the building.

“No. Er, well as I was leaving a man did tell me his name was Fred but that was about it.”

“Oh well come on then they keep their new stuff in the back.” He takes my hand and leads me back inside. Fred and George who I did not know were twins, because I’d only met one, came up to us with smiles on their faces.

“Hello Harry, come to check out our new experiments?” Their smiles grew wider. The one I assume is Fred peeks around Harry and winks at me, “Well hello again.”

Harry steps to the side and introduces me, “This is Rowyn, she’s from America and is going to Hogwarts this term.” I muster up a small smile and a shy wave. Their faces brighten.

“Well, well, what house are you going into Rowyn?” George asks.

I shrug “House? We live in our own houses. Like college housing?” They chuckle and look at each other then back to me.

“Sort of, students stay at the school during the school year, but what I mean is that they sort you into different categories so to speak. For instance, all three of us got sorted into Gryffindor. Then there’s Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin.” They seem to be disgusted by the last house. “I’m sure professor McGonagall will explain everything in greater detail, you need to have as much fun as you can before school starts, eh?”

I laugh, they are pretty cute, “Yeah, I suppose.”

“Well come on then!” They say in unison. I am led to a back room where there are strange smells in abundance and many beakers and boxes on shelves. I perk a brow as they show me these little candies, they are red and orange striped. They ask me to try one, so I do. After about 30 seconds, I begin to see red stripes all over my arms. I can’t say I didn’t panic for a second or two as I look up at the twins and they simply smile.

“Um… Is this going to go away?” I ask worriedly. Harry looks at them; he probably has the same question.

“Of course, of course, in a minute or two you’ll be alright.”

I glare, it seems as if they have no idea and are simply overly confident. “It had better or I’ll cut you.” Their expressions turn temporarily to unease.

“Yeah, yeah, just sit right here.” They grab a stool and slide it toward me. I sit down and take a deep breath as well as close my eyes to calm myself down. I open my eyes slowly and glance at my arms. I grin brightly as the stripes begin to fade. Harry lets out a relieved sigh and runs a hand through his hair. “See we told you.” Yet again, the twins speak in unison.

“Yes, yes you did. However; I’ll not do that again.”

They come over and each place an arm around my shoulders, my God I feel so short. “How about this, our new found friend, you can have one of our products free of charge.” They glance at each other and then down at me awaiting my answer while smiling their mischievous smirks.

I shrug, “Okie dokie.” I am led around the shop and am told about every single product in the store. I take in the information and nod while looking at every one of them. Hmm, oh man so much to choose from. A few minutes later, I can’t decide which I want most, Happy Bubble Box, or Tiny Twister. After a few more minutes I make a decision, “This, I want this one.” I pick up the Tiny Twister and smile. “I’ve never had anything magical like this.” It is a glass tube that is charmed to look like it has a mini tornado inside of it.

“Well I didn’t know I was a wizard until I was eleven.” Harry says. Hmm, I finally spot the scar on his forehead and think back to the rude things my parents used to say about a … Harry Potter? I mentally gasp, ‘oh so he’s the dude that is special or something?’ Harry and I say a final farewell to Fred and George; who gives me a goodbye wink, and head out the door. We walk past a shop or two and then I turn to him.

“Harry, what is your story?” He looks at me and perks a brow, “I mean in the states I heard very little due to my parents not giving a crap about my magical education. They said rude things about you, I figured it wasn’t true because they’re complete a-holes.” He chuckles. “But I remember them saying something about you meddling in things you shouldn’t have, like creating the war because you did things you shouldn’t have. That you are renown because of… your parents.” I stay quiet, feeling stupid for saying something that could have brought up bad memories for him.

He stops walking and turns to face me, “It’s a long story, I didn’t start the war, it has always been going on because of Voldemort, a most evil and vile wizard. Yes I became famous because of my parents, because they sacrificed themselves for me.” My heart pounds in my ears as I regret what I said. “I was able to not be touched by him until a few years ago when he did some potion and now he can. I did “meddle” in things, but I saved many people by doing so.” I nod wanting to cry right then and there.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said anything.” I look down at my shoes and hope he doesn't hate me. I find someone nice and I screw it all up in an hour, ‘good job Rowyn.’

He places a hand on my shoulder, which makes me look up into those beautiful green eyes. “It’s alright, I’m fairly used to it by now, newspapers as well as many people get everything wrong and don’t even care that it IS wrong. At least you listened to the truth.” I manage a bit of a smile even though still feeling like an idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I began to notice I mix up past and present tense in my story. I'm working on it more closely, bear with me! Also sorry it's taken so long, I don't have any excuses I just slipped into a sort of fog I suppose. Please leave comments if you like the story!