Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Six

Recap: Rowyn finds herself being introduced to the Weasley twins and finds out who Harry really is and that her parents were wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so we continue…
We stand there looking around while an awkward silence drifts around us. “Uh well let’s go see where Hermione and Ron are. I think they might have gone to the Leaky Couldron.”

“Oh yeah, I should drop this off anyway.” I say and hold up the bag with my newfound treasure from the Weasley Wizard Wheezes in it. He nods and we make our way back to the inn. As we enter, we immediately spot Hermione and Ron sitting at a table together drinking… Well, I’m not sure what but the color is similar to butterscotch. “I’ll join you in a minute, O.K.?” He nods and joins his two friends while I bounce up the stairs. I open my door and I see Pandora lying on my bed, she stretches lazily and meows. “Hello my love!” I check her food and water then give her a couple of treats. I then stand in the middle of the room and conjure up a cat tree for my beloved feline. She quickly jumps into one of the little carpeted tubes. I sit my Tiny Twister on the dresser and watch it spin for a minute or two then head back out into the hallway. Locking the door, I think about the new friends I’ve already made and smile to myself.

Thank goodness I don’t have to spend the last few days until classes alone now. I bound down the stairs to the main area of the tavern and spot Harry, Hermione, and Ron at a small table close to the bar. Hermione waves me over so I walk up and have a seat beside Harry. “I heard you met Ron’s brothers.” She says and laughs. I perk a brow at Harry and he gives me an awkward smile as if to say ‘I hope that’s not embarrassing.’

I blush slightly, “Oh yeah, them. They’re a couple of sweethearts… that can make even the simplest of introductions awkward.” Everyone nods, hah. “But otherwise, I think I’d enjoy their company. Doesn’t seem like there would be a dull moment with them around anyway.” I chuckle. I perk a brow and tilt my head while looking at Hermione and Ron’s drinks. “So… What are those?” I ask.

Hermione looks down at her drink, “Oh you mean this?” She points and I nod. “Oh they’re butterbeer’s.” She smiles. I raise my brows. “It’s like a cream soda plus some extra ingredients and a little alcohol.”

“Oh okay, I gotcha now.” I say finally relieved that I understood.

“Would you like one?” She asks.

“Oh no that’s alright, I don’t have any money. I only get what Ms. McGonagall pays for or whatever. So like food of course while I’m here and my school supplies, but yeah.” I chuckle, embarrassed.

“Well that’s okay, I’d be happy to get it for you. After all, it’s your first one and you’re our friend, right?”

I nod, “Of course!” I laugh. Hermione buys me a butterbeer and I take a sip, it’s a strange taste, nothing like what I’ve ever had in the states. It is pretty good though. We sit and chat for a few hours just about random things, life, friends, school- well they talk about school.

“Okay so what you’re saying is that we have dorm rooms like a boarding school? Uniforms, team sports, and a group of shitty people who like to insult everyone?” They nod, “Great, well at least I’ll have y’all right?” They nod again smiling. “But I don’t get to pick my house? What if I get into some other one?” I say panicked.

Harry put his hand on my shoulder, “It’ll be alright Rowyn, calm down.” They laughed.

“It isn’t that simple.” They stare at me. “I have a panic disorder, in certain situations I flip the heck out. It really sucks, but maybe things will work out.” We all nod in silence. “Well I think it’s about that time, that I head to bed and check on Pandora.” They look at me curiously. “My cat.” I smile and they say “oh” in unison. We all say our goodbyes and Harry stays behind for a moment.

“So Rowyn, we still have about five days before school starts, would you- I mean if you want- you could come to Ron’s for a bit. Hermione and I have been staying there for a bit.” He asks and runs a hand through his hair.

“Um yeah sure I’ll have to get a hold of either Hagrid or McGonagall. How do I find you or contact you?”

He smiles, I suppose he thinks it’s cute that I don’t know what I’m doing. “You write me a letter and see about borrowing someone’s owl to deliver it. Just tell the owl who the letter is for and they will find me.”

I nod, “Hmm, convenient.” He laughs and we part ways. I bounce back up the stairs and into my room. I change into my nightclothes considering it was dark out and about 10pm. I open my window, look down at the dimly lit streets below, and spot the blonde boy, Draco. He has a black dress jacket and slacks on, ‘I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s his favorite color.’ For a moment I think he glances in my direction. I lean out of the window a little bit to try and get a better look at him, but my necklaces clasp becomes stuck to the window frame. I tug on it and it breaks letting the cameo piece fall to the street below. “Oh no!” I shout. I throw on my jacket and slip into my shoes then race down the stairs and out of the door. I run around part of the building where my window faced and begin frantically searching for my lost trinket.

“Looking for this?” I hear a male voice behind me speak. I spin around and see the cameo jewelry in Draco’s hand. I let out a sigh of relief and quickly make my way to him.

“Oh thank you so much!” I breathe and reach for the sentimental treasure, but he holds it away from me. I clench my teeth together and take a deep breath. “May I please have that back, Draco?” A smirk plays upon his lips.

“Perhaps.” He stares down at me knowing he has the upper hand. He turns the piece around and examines it. “Why do you want this thing anyway? It’s rusted.” I jump and quickly snatch it from his grasp.

I stare at it then hold it to my heart. I look up at him, “It was my grandmother’s, the rust doesn’t bother me, it’s still beautiful.” I shiver with cold and then realize I ran outside… in the London cold… in shorts. “And although you decided to tease me, I want to say thank you anyway. So… thanks dollface.” I wink and click my tongue at him. He seems amused for a split second.

“Next time I’ll keep it.”

“Oh I don’t believe there will be a next time. I’ll take it off when I want to peek out of my window and wonder why a blonde boy is hanging out in the dark streets of Diagon Alley.”

“You mean spy on?” He spat. I balled up my fists and make the space between us very small which seems to catch the blonde off guard.

“Why are you like that?” I ask and perk a brow (yes I do that a lot). I cross my arms to keep from shivering.

“Like what?” He inquires.

“You’re very rude when there isn’t a need for it. It’s like someone has drown your heart in liquid nitrogen.”

He tilts his head, “Liquid nitrogen?”

I nod, “Yes, it’s a liquid that instantly, or so, freezes any object you place into it.”

He ponders this and speaks, “Sounds interesting-

Before he can say more I hear another male voice, but older to the left of us. “Draco.” We both spin around to face an older man, roughly in his early forties, his long blonde hair made a stark contrast to the black suit he is wearing. I step away from Draco and the man stares at me for a moment. “My God girl, where are your clothes?” He glances down at my bare legs, making me feel slightly more uncomfortable.

“Um, erm, long story. I was leaning out of my window and my cameo fell from my necklace“- I held up the piece of jewelry- “And didn’t care to throw jeans on as I ran down here to find it. Thankfully though, Draco found it. Okay so not so long but it seemed like it was.” I smile at both of them.

“How… sweet.” The man says seemingly uncomfortable with the word. After a minute of silence I speak.

“Well I best be off before I freeze, I’ll let you two get to doing… Um whatever it is y’all are doing. Nice to meet you Mr.?”

“Lucious Malfoy, and you are?” He asks plainly.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Malfoy and my name is Rowyn Domire,” He stares at me, and I’m not sure if he was measuring me up or what.

“Well then Rowyn, best be off, don’t want to catch your death out here.” The way he says the words though seems more menacing then it should.

I nod and look to Draco to catch another glimpse of those gorgeous blue eyes, “Bye then.” I smile sweetly and jog back to the Leaky Cauldron. I walk up to my room and quickly slip under my covers cuddling my Pandora and fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not updating like I was, no one wants to at least give me some feedback on this story. I'm basically doing this for me.. Which is what writing should be about starting off but still, it'd be nice to know if someone likes it, even one person.