Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Seven

Recap: Rowyn finally tasted butterbeer, almost lost an important treasure, and spoke more to the very confusing Draco.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues…
I awake the next morning and immediately write two short letters asking Hagrid/McGonagall if I can pop by the Weasleys the next few days just to be around other people. (Meaning I just want to hang out there, I think the Weasleys have enough people that come over). I sit them on my dresser, head to the bathroom, and take a quick shower. I get out and pull on a t-shirt with the batman logo on it. I slip into my jeans then slap on some makeup and run gel through my hair. I’m usually pretty lazy when it comes to actually styling my hair. I skip to my bed and put my socks and shoes on, then snatch up my jacket and exit the room, letters in hand. I look at the bartender and ask to use his owl if he has one, he nods and calls it. It lands on the bar and I give it the letters and tell it who they’re to. It takes off and I sigh, I have no idea how fast or slow this system is.

After I make it back to my room, I flip through some of my schoolbooks to get an idea if I should try hard or not at the subjects. Trying hard at a subject you know you just don’t get is very defeating. I take a nap after reading through some of the more boring books then wake to a light rap at my door. I open it and one of the housekeepers hands me a letter, it’s from Prof. McGonagall. It states that I can, in fact, go to the Weasley’s. I jump up and down and get all kinds of excited. I quickly write another letter but this time to Harry and race back down to the bartender’s owl who, thankfully, is seated on the bar. Hope he sends something back soon! I run back up stairs and wait for a response from Harry. Pandora stares at me with her precious wide green eyes.

After a few hours of me staring at the people below my window, reading, and fiddling around I hear a knock at my door. I race over to answer it and the woman hands me a letter. “Yay, it’s from Harry, Pandora!” I quickly open it:

“Rowyn, I’ve spoken to everyone, especially Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and they said that you can come over if you’d like. I’ll be at the Leaky Cauldron in a few minutes so I can bring you to the right place.”
-Harry-

I shake with delight. I decide to play with Pandora for a little while before Harry comes since I’m going to be leaving her behind… Again. I bring out the rest of her little toys and we have a grand ole’ time. The sun is low in the sky by the time Harry knocks on my door. I greet him, “Hey come in I gotta get my jacket.” He smiles and steps in while shutting the door behind him. I walk over to the chair by the window and pick up my jacket then slide it on and zip it up. As I turn around I spot Harry patting Pandora on the head. I chuckle and he glances up with a smile on his face. “Ready?” I ask and he nods. I lock up behind me after we exit my room. Harry leads me down stairs to the Leaky Cauldron’s fire place, he then proceeds to tell me how to get to the Weasley house (I already know how to use floo powder). I step in and when I arrive at my destination I partially trip out of the fireplace into George. How did I know it was him? It seriously was a lucky guess. (Now I’m not saying that telling twins apart is not possible, because it is. I graduated with two twin guys, after seeing them at school for a while you get to understand which has a different personality and even if they have just some minor thing different physically).

“Oh dadgumit!” I shout and hold on to George’s arms as he steadies me and laughs. “So not funny, I haven’t done this in quite some time…. G…eorge?” I wait to be embarrassed by getting his name wrong.

He arches a brow, “Well I must say you’d be one of the firsts to actually get that right after only meeting my brother and I once.” He seems shocked.

“Sweet!” I say and do a fist pump. He chuckles and we step aside as Harry arrives.

“Oh hey, I uh… Started thinking after I made you go first that you might fall, hope you didn’t.” Harry says apologetically.

“Well I almost did but thankfully George was there to stop me from having my face collide with the floor.” I smile at George.

“Oh, well that’s good. Come on we should go see Molly.” Harry leads me to the dining room/kitchen where I see a lovely one of those super mom type women cutting up vegetables. I also notice a red haired young teenage girl as well as Hermoine setting the table; Fred is putting the clean dishes in the cupboards. Mrs. Weasley looks up from her vegetables and smiles.

“Oh Harry dear, is this the young lady you three met at Diagon Alley?” He nods and I say a small hello.

“Molly this is Rowyn.” Mrs. Weasley smiles.

“Sorry.. I wasn’t aware I would be coming over while you’re trying to get dinner ready.” I say and can feel my face getting warm.

“Nonsense dear, they told me you were staying at that pitiful place at the Leaky Cauldron. I said she might want a home cooked meal.”

I chuckle, “Well it would be nice, I’m not going to lie.”

“Dinner won’t be ready for another half hour or so, you can sit in the living room if you’d like.” She goes back to her cooking. George leads me to the living room and we sit on the same couch but at different ends.

“I assume you’ve already completed your schooling at Hogwarts?” I ask

“No Fred and I dropped out, things became so bad with this woman from the ministry that we couldn’t stand it anymore, she was sided with the Death Eaters and made school Hell, for everyone. Fred and I, thanks to Harry, were able to start up our joke shop.” He notices my expression and continues,” Don’t worry love, she’s isn’t there anymore.” He smirks proudly and I let out a relieved giggle. “We’re just visiting mum and dad and the siblings.” I mouthed the word ‘oh’ and nod. Fred then walks into the living room and sits in between George and I. He smiles and turns his body to face me. I can feel my face flush pink and return the smile.

“Hello.” I say.

“Hello, Rowyn. Glad you could stop by, hope you’ll do it more often.” He winks and I feel as though my face might burst into flames due to my bashfulness.

“Uh, er, well, perhaps.” His smile stays put and I feel nervous, “Um George, was just telling me about a horrid woman who made you not want to finish school. Though, he says she doesn’t work there any longer.” I pursed my lips awkwardly waiting for him to respond.

“Yeah, she took everything fun away. So since George and I decided to drop out we thought we’d go out in style.” His mischievous smirk dances across his lips as he goes through all of the pranks they had done up until finally leaving Hogwarts. “But the Portable Swamp was the best in my opinion.”

I perk a brow, “A what? Portable Swamp?” He describes what it is and I am quite impressed that they could do such magic at that age. “Very nice, sounds like it would be great to go to school with you two.” I sigh.

“Don’t worry love, you can always write to us while you’re away. And you can always come and visit on holiday,” George smiles.

“Of course! I haven’t known this kind of hospitality since I was very little.” I pause and look at them, “Not that I’ve grown much since then.” Hey it was a silly joke but they laugh, so it’s all good!

“Alright dears, time for supper!” Mrs. Weasley calls from the dining room and I can already hear the others getting food on their plates.

I hop up so quickly that Fred flinches, “Thank goodness I’m starving, I hated walking down to the bar at the inn to eat.” We head toward the dining room, make our plates, and sit down to eat. We chat and laugh as we eat. Everyone at the table around me has something to say about the shenanigans that were had before I came into their lives.
Finally, an actual family in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Also, I totally forgot to say thank you to my very first subscriber, I have no idea their name so it's difficult to thank someone but hey I'm trying. Also I got a new one the other day when I put part six up so thank you other person. I'm glad you both thought my story was good enough to subscribe to. I would like your feedback, even if it's just, "hey I like this," or whatever. Are these parts too short? Or are they an okay length? You know things like that would be great to know. If you don't like doing those sorts of things, well I won't force you. Have a good day! =D