Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Eight

Recap: Rowyn received permission from McGonagall to go to the Weasley’s where she then learns a bit more about everyone, mainly Fred and George. (Don’t worry I’ll pick up the pace this part. There needs to be low times so as to build up to the good parts right?? Also, I failed to mention that Mr. Weasley arrived in the middle of dinner and there were merely introductions… Sorry!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so it continues…

After supper, the lot of us help clean up the kitchen so that Mrs. Weasley can relax. The night winds down and I yawn. “Well, I believe I should go to bed, plus Pandora will be missing me.” They all nod and give me a quick hug in front of the fireplace. George holds me longer than the others by a second or two which makes me blush. After using the floo network I trudge up the stairs to my room and plop face first onto my bed. Pandora hops onto my back and begins to knead it. “Ahhh yes, and this is why I have a cat.” I fall asleep for around an hour and wake with a slight crook in my neck. Slowing pushing off the bed I change into my nightclothes. I stare out of the window and think of Draco. Hmm… I wonder. I slowly make my way to the window and open it while looking down at the street. I search the darkness for that handsome blonde headed young man but am disappointed. I sigh, close the window, and slip back into my bed. I sigh once more and fall asleep hoping tomorrow will be as good of a day as today.

I lazily roll out of my old but surprisingly comfortable bed around 12:00pm. Pandora stares up at me and then rests her head upon the blanket again. “Well, tomorrow school starts Pandora,” I say excited and nervous at the same time. (I’m going to assume that pets at Hogwarts have some kind of charmed area that makes them think they’re in a large area that they can freely wonder about. Because I never understood how all of that worked. It was as if the animals were just dropped off in the dorms and not able to go anywhere, but in one of the scenes in the movies you see Crookshanks in the area next to the fountain by himself.) I pull on some jeans, a t-shirt, shoes, and my jacket. (Undergarments are a given lol). I quickly slap on some make up and run my fingers through my hair to get out the small amount of tangles. “Alright Panda I will see you in a few hours.” I walk down stairs and eat a bit of breakfast before heading to the fireplace to go to the Weasley’s. Just as I am about to grab some floo powder I notice a familiar blonde sitting by himself.

I smile and walk toward him, his head pops up and he smirks at me. “Hello Draco.” I stand next to the table and wait for his response.

“Hello, Rowyn. Where are you heading off to?” He asks.

“To my friends home. Thought I would hang out with them since school starts tomorrow.” I smile, “What are you doing today?”

“The same, I’m waiting for my friend Blaise.” He takes a large swig of his drink and looks around searching the few people in the inn for his friend, I assume.

“Is he late? Does he go to Hogwarts as well?” I ask.

“Yes, and yes. Nosey aren’t you?” A small smirk dances across his lips.

“Not nosey, curious, making conversation.” I perk a brow and tighten my jaw, “Perhaps I will leave you with your thoughts then.” I turn to leave and he grabs my wrist.

“Or you could keep me company until my compadre gets here finally.” He smirks.

“Only if you apologize for saying I was nosey.”

He arches a brow and sighs dramatically, “I don’t feel like it.” Draco crosses his arms and looks away.
He then stands and greets his friend Blaise who just arrives. “It’s about time.”

“Sorry mate, Pansy was hounding me about you, I couldn’t get away.” He has a seat and they begin to chitchat. ‘Is this for real he’s just going to ignore me now? AND not apologize.’

“That’s okay I didn’t care for your company any way.” I say and glare directly into his blue eyes. He starts to say something but I spin on my heel, grab some floo powder, say “The burrow”, and arrive at the Weasley’s around 1:00pm. I stumble through the fireplace and look around to see an empty living room. ‘Hmm I wonder where they are’. I strain to hear anything that directs me to some area where a person might be. ‘Nothing’. I go upstairs and search the room but find no one. I walk outside and finally spot Molly hanging clothes up on the line to dry. “Oh Mrs. Weasley there you are!” I shout.
She jumps a little, “Oh Rowyn, you frightened me; the children are off at Diagon Alley for some last minute school shopping.” She continues to put damp clothes on the drying rack and I saunter over to her laundry basket and begin handing her clothes. “Oh thank you dear, you don’t have to you can meet the children at the inn if you’d like. I’m sure they’ll end up there at some point.”

“Oh it’s okay, after all, I owe you for a delicious dinner yesterday.”

She smiles, “Well if you insist.” We share a chuckle and continue to work on the laundry. I learn more about her sons and daughter. One of the sons works with dragons, I can’t remember which, I have a horrid memory. Another one had basically forgotten the family when he went to work for the ministry. Then she begins to talk about Harry and her son Ron and the danger they were always getting into at school. But how things always manage to come out alright, that Dumbledore is a grand professor and he always sees to it to keep them safe. I smile the entire time she speaks, my face begins to hurt.

“I have a lot to look forward to then, yeah?” I say and she smiles.

“I hope it will be a quiet year, Rowyn.” We laugh and hang up the rest of the laundry then head back inside. I check my watch and the time is 3:00pm. I sigh; they really need to get here soon. As Mrs. Weasley straightens up the dining room, I lie on one of the small loveseats and exhale slowly. Perhaps I should just go to my room and pack up all of my things so I don’t forget anything when I leave tomorrow. I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder and jump.

“Sorry didn’t mean to frighten you Ro.” I hear a hearty chuckle from Harry.

“That’s alright I needed to get up anyway I suppose.” I say and sit up slowly. I see everyone sitting around me, (Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny). “Did y’all get everything you needed?” I ask.

“Yeah all ready for school,” Harry sighs.

“Oh not ready?” I laugh.

“Not quite,” he laughs. We all sit and chat and I tell them about how Mrs. Weasley told me of their adventures. They run through them for me in more detail and by that time it begins to turn dark outside. I stand and stretch, “Leaving?” Harry asks.

“Yes, I need to pack and whatnot.” I give out hugs and floo back “home”.
I yawn and glance around the inn, only a couple of people linger in the tavern. I suddenly spot that familiar blonde hair heading out of the door and start to go after him but stop myself. I recall our prior conversation and how it ended. I turn my head and take the stairs up to my room. That self-entitled jerk, I mean I know it isn’t something to hold onto but still. I angrily stuff my things into my suitcase aside from the things I need for tomorrow. I stare at Pandora and she mews, “Heehee that meow is super cute!” I exclaim. I change into my sleep clothes, a.k.a. those exercise looking capris and a black tank top then open my window and look down at the street. I see a few people chatting but walking away into the night. That blonde hair catches my eyes as he walks close to the Leaky Cauldron just under my window (I’m roughly two stories up). I watch him not caring if he can see me or not. “Watching me are you?” He asks and looks up.

I shrug, “There’s no one else to watch, you stick out like a sore thumb with that blonde hair bro.”

He cocks his head to the side, “Bro?”

“Yes, bro, dollface. What are you doing out when it’s dark? Shouldn’t you be getting ready for school tomorrow?” I question.

“I thought I’d get in some more fresh scenery before we have to be stuck in that insane asylum. I have all of my things ready. What are you doing up… bro?”

I chuckle, “I came back from a friend’s house, I needed some fresh scenery as well. I’ve never been at a school where you have to stay there away from family… Though I don’t have family anyway but still, having to STAY somewhere and not leave aside from small trips is panic inducing. Why do you think it is an insane asylum?”

“Half of the teachers are oafs and don’t know what they are doing aside from maybe Snape but even he doesn’t have much say, thanks to Dumbledore.” He spat.

“I heard he was a great professor, should I stay away from him?” I ask.

“You heard from who?” At this point I was almost afraid to tell him, I seriously cannot stand confrontation but will stand up for people if need be.

“Mrs. Weasley.” His face seems to radiate complete rage.

“Mrs. Weasley? You shouldn’t hangout with that sort Rowyn, their family is on the low end of the wizarding community scale.”

I was taken aback, “Why because they are middle class or close to poor? That doesn’t make someone low on some stupid scale. They’re nice people and welcomed me when I was and still am a stranger to all of this. And by the way Draco, I don’t have a penny to my name, are you going to disown me as an acquaintance or friend now?” He doesn’t speak. “I see, in that case,” I begin to tear up, “I bid you good night and perhaps I’ll see you at school, however if you don’t talk to me the first time I say hello then don’t ever bother saying it in the future.” I shut the window and climb under my covers. I wipe my eyes and drift off to sleep thinking that Draco is a complete fool.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize that it took me a week, or eight days to come up with an update. I hope y'all are still interested in this, Draco and Rowyn's "relationship" is still just beginning, I didn't want it to just be there already. I'm trying to make the parts or "chapters" longer. Perhaps I'll start putting them at 2,000 words. As I said in the beginning, some of the things I put in this story aren't going to make sense if I were going straight from the book, just like the fact that the burrow is still standing. I just like the Weasley's house so much, it was so cute. So therefore, here it still stands lol.