Reaching Destiny

Chapter 1

"Oh shit!" yelled Lacey as she stumbled out of the plane. She quickly got up, looked around to see if anyone saw her little mishap, and walked on with attempted grace. She trudged along with her carry-on bag and tried to find where the rest of her luggage was. After the relief of finding it, she walked around for 5 whole minutes and came to realize she had no idea where she was going. Abruptly stopping, she took a deep breath.

"Alright, Lace, calm down. Breath. There's nothing to worry about. You're just going to a new school in a different state. Not just a different state, your state. New Jersey is your home. Granted you haven't been here in a while... No parents! Just Robby. Yeah, Robby," Lacey mumbled to herself in a very creepy 'hi-I'm-a-psycho-who-talks-to-herself' way.

Lacey used her awesomely awful navigating skills to eventually exit the airport. It took her surprisingly little time to catch a cab since usually it took her a good 10 minutes to do so. She told the driver where she wanted to go and 30 minutes later they were at her favorite place in town.

Happily strolling her and her bags inside the coffee shop, Lacey ordered her drink and went to a dimly lit corner to read in peace. A shiver ran up her spine so she looked up and noticed a guy staring shamelessly at her. Quickly looking back down at her book, she tried to read and just ignore it. When she looked back up she couldn't help but notice he wasn't in his seat anymore. Instead, the freak was standing right in front of her.

He had straight, jet black hair covering his left eye and was wearing a white collared shirt with a red tie and black pants. The right side of his bottom lip was pierced. How cute. Ha, Robby would love him for sure. She looked up at the boy and smiled politely in silence. It seemed she couldn't breakaway from his dark blue eyes.

In turn, he looked into her pretty auburn eyes. He didn't know why but he felt compelled to talk to her. She was just... different. Unfortunately, though, his brain wouldn't work long enough for him to actually speak. All he could manage was to stand before this girl with dark brown, heavily layered hair that came a little past her shoulders in messy straightness. She was wearing a black and red plaid skirt and a black tank top. Her left wrist had a band on it that bore a skull and crutches on it while her neck supported a cross necklace. He silently approved of her style with a returning smile. When he was done analyzing her, he realized how awkward the situation was.

"H-hi. My name is Trey," he nervously announced as an attempt to make things less awkward. He mentally smacked himself when he realized he had stuttered.

Lacey, at ease now that they weren't just staring at each other, replied.

"Hey. I'm Lacey," was all she could think of to say to the random potential stalker. She desperately wanted to continue reading her novel but thought it might be rude. On the other hand, she couldn't close the book because then he'd think it was some invitation to continue talking. So basically: lose-lose situation.

Before Lacey could even make a decision on what to do, her cell phone rang. Silently thanking God for the perfectly timed, obviously heaven-sent gift, she answered it.

"Hello?... Oh, hey Robby!... Yeah, I'm at the coffee shop.. You are? Perfect... Hey wait! Can you pick me up an orange soda on the way?.. Thanks, I love you.. Bye," she said as she slid her cell shut and returned her gaze to Trey. "I'm sorry but I have to wait outside for my friend," she told him as she stood up, waved, and left.

Stunned at Lacey's abrupt departure, Trey just watched her leave. Robby? Damn, she's taken... Hmm, depending on what the guy is, I could probably take him in a fight. Yeah. Trey continued this train of thought for a few minutes. When his delusions ended, he ran out of the coffee shop and bumped into Lacey.

Lacey would have probably tumbled into the street to her ultimate death if Trey hadn't caught her and pulled her back to stability before the stupid speeding car hit her.

"Thanks," she managed to choke out. "I owe you one."

"Nah, we're even. I'm the one who accidentally almost killed you. It was only fair that I catch you," he replied, shocked at the ease in his voice.

Laughing, Lacey thanked him again. When she looked up towards the street, she smiled at something. Trey followed her gaze and saw what she was smiling at. Disappointment devoured him as he saw the guy walking towards her. His brown hair was kind of straight but curled up at the ends, mostly near his ears and in the back, and came down to his eyes. He had on a t-shirt with some random design and words on it that Trey couldn't quite make out and wore jeans that were just baggy enough with a black bandanna hanging out of his back pocket. He also had on a nice, black, shiny, studded belt.

Trey took long enough to notice the girl next to this mystery man. She was absolutely, breath-takingly gorgeous. She had long, wavy blonde hair and a poofy-ish purple dress on. She was pale but had adorable rosy cheeks. Her beautiful icy blue eyes could put anyone into a trance if she tried hard enough.

When the two reached Trey and Lacey, the girl broke into a smile and took an orange soda out from behind her back. She gave it to Lacey and the two girls hugged while Trey and the other guy stood there a bit uncomfortably.

"Robby! I missed you so much!" exclaimed Lacey to the girl.

"I know, I missed you too," replied the girl.

Woah, woah! The girl is Robby? Then who the hell is this guy?, thought Trey. As if to answer his silent question, Robby introduced him.

"Lacey, this is my friend Aiden. Aiden, this is Lacey," Robby said as she pointed to each person on cue.

Aiden looked up for the first time to look at Lacey for the introduction. The moment she saw his hazel eyes, she momentarily seemed to forget how to breath. Because she had been doing this breathing ritual all her life, she was absolutely baffled at the effect locking eyes with Aiden had on her.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you," Lacey forced herself to say as she was carefully examining every crack on the sidewalk.

"Hey. It's really nice to meet you too," Aiden replied a little confused at the strange reaction Lacey had.

"And who is this?" Robby asked as she looked at Trey and cocked her head to one side.

"Oh, this is Trey. I kinda just met him less than an hour ago. Trey, this is Robyn and that's Aiden," Lacey replied as she reluctantly looked up.

Robyn had a sly smile on her face as she looked over Trey. She had a thing for guys that looked like him. Robyn decided not to make prolonged eye contact with him and turned to look at Lacey.

"Lace, you probably wanna get settled and rest a bit so we should go," she said.

"Right," agreed Lacey. "Bye Trey, it was really nice meeting you."

"Same here," Trey said back. "I'm sure we'll meet again. Jersey isn't so big," he added with a smile.

Lacey smiled back and waved before she took her bags and followed Robyn and Aiden to their car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for sticking with it for a whole chapter. Not much happened but what can I say? That's how it goes when you're introducing things. Comment with anything you like: threats, discouragements, maybe even compliments. Anything is nice to hear.