Reaching Destiny

Chapter 4

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" chimed Ryan as he pounced on a sleeping Lacey. "Robby sent me up here because she made breakfast for once and she doesn't want it to get cold."

Lacey groaned and turned over. She was not a morning person. She attempted to muster up enough energy to tell him to go away but failed miserably.

"Come on," Ryan whined as he grabbed hold of Lacey's arm and pulled. He expected her to stand up when she got off the edge of the bed but she did something slightly different. She fell to the floor. "Oh crap," said a startled Ryan as he lifted Lacey up.

"That kinda sorta hurt," Lacey said when she was walking to the door. The two teens walked through Ryan's messy jungle of a room. "Wasn't this room empty yesterday?" she asked sleepily.

Ryan decided to leave out the part about them transporting all of Ryan's things into that room the night before and just pretend like she was crazy.

"Right... you are sleepy aren't you?" he said with the perfect amount of what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about tone. He led them down the hall, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. Everyone was there and still in their PJ's. Aiden appeared to be sleeping with his head on the table while Blake stood in front of the open fridge getting something to drink.

Robyn noticed Lacey and Ryan come in so she told them both 'good morning'. She took a plate stacked high with pancakes and placed it in the middle of the table.

"Dig in or die," she told everyone pleasantly. Aiden slowly sat up and took some breakfast. Blake closed the fridge and did the same after taking a seat beside Aiden. Lacey, Ryan, and Robyn sat and ate too.

"So what are we doing today?" asked Lacey when she finished eating.

"Oh, well.. uh... " Robyn stammered. "I have some.. business to attend to so you're stuck here with the guys pretty much."

Robyn then stood and put her dishes in the sink. "I'm going to go take a shower and get ready," she sighed knowing she would have to wear another corset dress thing. She liked them and all but two days in a row was just too much. "Play nice," she told the guys as she headed upstairs.

"Alright, I'm taking a shower too," said Blake as he also stood up and put his dishes in the sink.

"So what are we gonna do?" asked Ryan as he gathered the rest of the dishes and placed them in the sink to wash them later. Lacey, Ryan, and Aiden all went into the living room. Lacey and Ryan sat on the couch and Aiden secluded himself in the chair separated from them just as he did the day before. About ten minutes of silence passed.

"I don't feel like doing anything today," sighed Aiden. "I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep last night," he said in response to Ryan's earlier question.

"Really now? I slept like a baby. What ever could have kept you up last night?" Blake said as he came downstairs all clean.

Aiden sent him a 'you-know-exactly-why-I-was-up-all-night-you-lucky-asshole' look and Blake just laughed. Aiden got up to take his turn in the shower.

"Don't worry. It'll get easier," Blake called out to him as he went upstairs.

Lacey was officially confused. "Am I missing something?" she asked.

"You wanna know?" asked Blake.

"Yes."

"You really wanna know?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Aiden is what one would call a --" Blake was then cut off by Robyn.

"What are you talking about?" Robyn asked giving Blake an accusing look. "I'm done in the shower. You can use it now Lace."

"Erm.. thanks," Lacey replied. She went up to get ready and left Robyn, Blake, and Ryan alone. When Robyn was sure Lacey was out of hearing range, she hit Blake in the back of the head.

"Don't tell her now you idiot," she practically yelled.

"How do you propose we do it then?" he asked.

"Look," she said, "I have to go to another meeting today to discuss how Lacey will fit into our duties and won't be back until late so we'll do it tomorrow. This way she'll know and like you a little more before she finds out and totally freaks. Stay inside so she doesn't see anyone do anything and get to know each other. Did you hear all that Aiden?"

"Yeah," he said coming down the stairs with wet hair. "I have to get some blood before I go insane though."

"Can you wait until tonight?" Ryan asked.

Aiden turned to Ryan and answered. "No, I really can't. You wouldn't understand. I'm going to go right now and try to be back before she's done getting ready."

With that, he left out the door with Blake close behind to scan the perimeter while Aiden hunted to make sure he didn't hurt anyone and to see if anyone threatening was near the house. Robyn also left for her meeting and Ryan took a shower.

When Lacey was done getting ready, she strolled down the stairs and was greeted by Ryan. She looked around and asked where everyone else was.

"Aiden and Blake will be back sometime soon. They went out... somewhere. I'm not too sure on the specifics," he said truthfully. He didn't know exactly where they were.

***

Blake looked around, searching. "Did you sense something... wrong?" he asked. "Just a second ago."

Aiden stopped to concentrate. He didn't feel anything but he realized he didn't wipe his mouth. He took the bandanna he was always carrying out from his pocket and wiped his mouth to make sure he was blood-free for Lacey. He put it back and walked in the side door of the house with Blake.

"Relax," he said. "I didn't sense anything."

When they walked through the kitchen and into the living room, they heard Lacey and Ryan.

"Why not?" asked Lacey.

"Well, what if she doesn't want you in her room?" Ryan said back.

Blake and Aiden gave each other confused looks and asked Lacey and Ryan what they were talking about.

"Since I was wearing a skirt yesterday, I wasn't wearing a belt and I forgot to pack one so I was going to borrow one from Robyn's room but Ryan won't let me go in there. Honestly, I don't know why. It's not like I'd snoop around. Even if I did, what would I find? She tells me everything, she's my friend," reasoned Lacey as she pulled up her pants a little.

Not everything, thought Aiden.

Realizing Robyn probably had things in her room that would make Lacey suspicious, Blake made a small suggestion. "To settle this, why don't you just take Aiden's belt?" he said motioning to Aiden. Of course he could have chose anyone to make this generous offer but he thought it'd be more fun to do it to Aiden.

"Wha?" asked Aiden turning to look at Blake.

Ever since Aiden found out Lacey was moving in, he didn't seem to like her too much so she really didn't want to borrow anything from him. That would just be awkward.

"N-no. That's okay," she said.

Aiden silently laughed a little. "Don't be shy. Here," he said while taking if off, "Just give it back to me in one piece. We can go buy you one tomorrow. No big deal."

"Thanks..." replied Lacey as she took the belt from Aiden's hand. She put it on and Aiden smiled.

"It looks good on you," he stated. "The studs even make you look semi-tough."

Did he just insult me in a polite way?
♠ ♠ ♠
Minor writers block made me make half of this chapter about a belt. I hope it entertained you at least just a little.
Comment and things.
Please.
For the love of God.
OK, not for the love of God but for me, a person who you don't know at all.