A Little Sweetness in My Life

Fine...I Like Ryan

Kylee and I were sitting in our living room, drinking some beers and studying together. I had an exam the next evening so she was helping me go over everything. She kept telling me it was stuff I already knew but I didn’t want to take a chance. She sighed for a minute and closed the book, looking over at me.

“So, tell me about your date.” She said, grinning like crazy. I groaned and threw my hands over my face to hide any sort of blush that would appear.

“It was good.” I said, not going into detail. She obviously didn’t like that and pulled my hands off my face and shot me a look.

“I know you like him, so just admit it and tell me what happened.” She said, raising her brow at me. I groaned again and rested my head back against the couch.

“Alright…fine…I like Ryan.” I said, making her squeal in excitement and clap her hands together.

“I knew it! Oh my god, you guys will be so cute together!” She gushed, smiling like crazy. I shot her a look and she just smiled at me, gesturing for me to continue.

“He came over…and cooked dinner for us. Then after dinner we watched Netflix for a few hours before he headed home. And it was just one date, Ky, we aren’t together.” I said, rolling my eyes slightly

“Yet….not together yet. Anyway………so did you guys kiss or what?” She asked, looking hopeful.

“No! Kylee, you don’t kiss on the first date!” I said, making her laugh loudly and shake her head at me.

“Poor Ryan, he probably wanted to so badly but you probably pushed him away.” She said, crossing her arms and sitting back.

“What!? No I didn’t!” I shot back at her, making her grin.

“Not physically, Katie. You just have this habit…of pushing people away when you feel like they’re getting too close. You probably would say something or walk away from him.” She said, and I knew she was right. Kylee knew me better than I knew myself sometimes. We have very similar personalities so she knew me just as well as I knew her.

“Ahh…..shit.” I mumbled, rubbing my face when I started thinking of the whole night again. I probably did do something along those lines.

“I swear to you, Ryan is a total teddy bear. He wouldn’t hurt a fly. He’s had a crush on you since you two first met, ages ago.” She said, making me look over at him.

“When did I meet him?” I asked, not remembering it too well. She always said that I had met him a few times but I never remembered it. Now I felt bad.

“I met him at the bar and then a month later, he came over for dinner because he just moved into his new apartment and didn’t have a stove yet. He thought you were super-hot, total smoke show.” She said, using a deeper voice to try and imitate him. I couldn’t help but start laughing about it.

“Fuck…now I feel bad! He kept re-introducing himself because he probably knew I didn’t remember! Oh my god!” I whined, running my hands through my hair.

“Well, you two finally went on a date. I think you’re fine. He’s just happy to get to know you finally…just uh….one small request.” She said, making me look over at her.

“I’m not having his babies…” I said, making her start laughing and breaking up some tension from this serious conversation we were having.

“Nooo, no….maybe someday…but anyway!” She said, making me roll my eyes at her before she continued. “Just be careful, okay? Don’t push him away before he has the chance to know you…I know you’ve been doing it since Rob…I get it, you’re scared and it’s totally justified. But just…try and give him a chance.”

“Okay…okay.” I said, nodding a little bit. Kylee smiled a little and nodded as well, pulling the book into her lap again.

“Good….now….let’s make sure you’ll kick that exam’s ass tomorrow.” She said, making me nod and laugh a little. This is why we’re roommates.
♠ ♠ ♠
d'awww :3
best friends :D