A Little Sweetness in My Life

Such a ***

A couple of days later, the weekend began. The Jackets’ had back to back games Saturday and Sunday; both at home. Katie and I actually made plans to go to the one on Saturday night. But of course once Ryan caught wind of this, he made sure there were tickets for us on Sunday too.

Saturday night was fun though. We were in the upper bowl, but it was still a blast. Of course Ryan wanted to meet up with Katie after the game. Opting out of being third wheel, I assured her I’d just go home. As I turned to leave the two, someone called out to me. I knew it was Kevin before I even turned around. Hearing it though, put a smile on my face. I haven’t seen him since our little day together.

… And of course it would be when he’s in his suit and his hair still damp from his shower. He has such nice hair.

“Hey,” I greeted him. He smiled back and it was super cute.

“Did you want to grab something eat?” he asked… and I hated that he asked me. I had to turn him down. It’s not that I didn’t want to go with him. I just… had already arranged to meet someone else. Lets be real, I would much rather go get something to eat with Kevin than my ex…

“I really want to,” I began and the look on his face quickly turned, reading that he was a bit disappointed… and I hated it. “But a friend’s in town,” I pieced together. How awkward would it be to him that I was blowing him off to go see the guy he played with tonight? “I need to meet up with them,” I finished.

“Oh,” he said; the tone in his voice nearly making my heart shatter.

“But I’m free tomorrow night!” I was quick to tell him, hoping that made it a little better. His face lit up a bit more. My heart felt a little better.

“I’ll see you tomorrow night then,” his smile returned.

God, he’s cute. As he walked away, I shook that thought aside and began to head towards the garage where my car was located. I had to meet Kerby at a restaurant. He was staying with currently staying with one of his teammates. So, going there to talk was a no go… and I really didn’t want him around my place. This was our only option.

The place was just a few blocks away. I felt a little under dressed though. I knew that he would be in his fancy pregame clothes and I was in jeans, t-shirt, and a Jackets jersey. Before I got out, I tugged the jersey off and tossed it into the back seat. I replaced it with a sweatshirt and walked down the sidewalk until I found the entrance to the restaurant. Kerby was waiting for me before he was seated… that was nice.

Seeing him for the first time though… I felt like I couldn’t breathe. He was… good looking. I couldn’t deny that. Just catching a glimpse of him, made everything about our relationship come flooding back over me. I wanted this over with already. All he did was send me a smile before we were guided to a booth.

“Thanks for meeting me,” he spoke first.

“Anytime,” I muttered… a bit sarcastically.

“How have you been?” he kept going; his blue gaze intently staring into mine.

“Can we just stop with the small talk?” I sighed.

“… If you want,” he shrugged, obviously taken aback by my outburst.

“I don’t know why we have to act like everything’s fine. It’s not,” I kept going.

“And that’s why I wanted to talk to you in person,” he gathered himself to say. “I fell like I need to apologize,” he went on… and I was stunned. That was the last thing I expected to come out of his mouth. I thought he was going to sit across me and we were going to go back and forth with the blame game. The expression on his face told me that the shock on mine was something he was trying not to laugh at.

“I was… a dick when we were dating and I’m sorry,” he said, managing to hold his laughter off to a big smile.

“You were such a dick,” I couldn’t keep to myself. Both of us laughed at this though.

“And I’m sorry,” he chuckled still.

“Well, I accept your apology,” I found myself saying. I didn’t think it would be that easy…

After this… it was like… we never were extremely pissed off at each other… at all. We kept a steady conversation going all throughout dinner. He also ended up paying for me, which was nice. I don’t know exactly what had gotten into him. I’ll accept it though. Hopefully this gives me a closure with him… and I can move on to better things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kylee