A Little Sweetness in My Life

Happened to be Connauton

While Katie and Ryan were off on their date, I didn’t do too much. I ran to the mall to pick up a couple of things.I tried to stay up to see what time she got home just to pick on her… but I fell asleep way before that happened. However, when I woke up in the morning, I found out that she never made it home last night. I wasn’t going to bombard her phone though. I’m sure she’s fine. She’s with Ryan. Like that lovesick puppy is going to let anything happen to her.

Later on in the morning, I went to leave to grab some coffee and maybe get a few other things done. Upon opening my door though, a rather bulky frame was there. It really startled me to be honest. After realizing it was just Kevin, my heart rate slowly settled.

“Hi,” I breathed out heavily, trying to catch my breath. I forgot how cute this boy was.

“I didn’t mean just to show up,” his raspy voice spoke. “I just haven’t heard from you, so I thought I’d stop by.”

“And you didn’t bother to bring Toby,” I muttered playfully.

“I just came from practice. He couldn’t wait in the car that long,” he chuckled.

“Practice, huh?” I questioned… more to myself. Where the hell is Katie then if Ryan had to be off to practice?!

“Yeah, I asked Ryan if he knew what you were up to. He didn’t, but said you’re usually home or at the hospital, so…” he trailed off as I stepped aside to let him in.

“Ryan kept my best friend all night,” I informed him.

“He never mentioned that to me,” was his reply.

“Oh, well,” I shrugged it off and turned to my coffee maker… since I wasn’t going to go get any now. “I have something to show you!” my attention quickly turned.

“... What?” he seemed a bit surprised.

I put my finger up as to single one moment as I dashed off to my room. Hurrying into my closet, I snatched up the bag and went back out to Kevin. He had pushed himself up onto the countertop, sitting there waiting for me. When I was in front of him, I pulled the content of the bag out. The front of a brand new Jackets’ jersey was being flashed off to him. Slowly, his smile came through.

“Wait!” I told him as it began to fade. I turned the jersey around to show off that it had a name on the back… and it just so happened to be Connauton. His smile returned and he even let out a soft chuckle.

“Was not expecting that,” he spoke.

“I have a plain jersey, but… I needed a player one,” I explained.

“Well, I’m honored it’s mine,” his cheeks were slightly pink.

“You’ve been playing well, so…” I trailed off, shrugging. I thought maybe this seemed a little awkward now. Is it… weird? We’re friends and I’m pretty pumped on owning his jersey… “And I want to do anything possible to offend Ryan,” I added, making him laugh once again. There. It isn’t so bad now.

“You’re coming to the game tonight to show it off then, right?” he raised a brow.

“I might…” I taunted. I hadn’t made any plans to, but… maybe I will now.

“I think you should,” he added, putting on a charming smile. So cute.

“Well, since you think I should…” I tried to contain my smile.

“I also think,” he began as this slightly burst of confidence seemed to explode around him. I liked… “We should hang out again. Toby misses you.”

“I miss Toby,” I nearly giggled from his words.

“Then we should do it before I leave on this road trip,” he hinted.

… And I agreed. Throughout all of this, what Ryan had told me yesterday was stuck in the back of my mind. I haven’t talked to Kerby since and here I am, ‘focusing on Kevin’. Once he left though, all my attention now was on what the hell he did with my best friend to keep her away all night and day!
♠ ♠ ♠
Not as steamy as the last chapter, but ya know... still plenty of time for that lol