A Little Sweetness in My Life

First Sleepover

After Katie left with Alex, I went back to my room where a sleeping boy still lied. My smile quickly spread across my face as I curled up next to him.

The Jackets had an away game last night. They flew in late from Tampa. I only knew this because Kevin was texting me nearly all night. He asked if I could come pick him up. Apparently, him and fellow defenseman, Ryan Murray, drove together, but Kevin wasn’t feeling a ride home with Murr. So, I snuck out while Katie was sleeping to get him. He crept back through the house with me and right into my bathroom. He came out a few moments later; changed for bed. I was already under the covers. He took this as his sign to curl up next to me… and I really didn’t mind. A sleepover sounded nice.

“Kevin,” I called out softly.

He didn’t even flinch. I tried again a little louder this time. Gradually, he began to stir. After his name left my lips, his eyes slowly opened, revealing the tired haze in them.

“You’re going to be late for practice,” I told him gently.

“It’s optional,” he muttered and pulled the covers up over his bare shoulders. He even snuggled up to the pillow as he did this. It was the most adorable thing I had ever seen in my bed.

“But you told me to make sure that you got up for it,” I reminded him.

“I don’t remember,” he grumbled with his eyes now closed. Those thin lips curled at the corners though.

“Mhm,” I hummed, letting my hand reach out so my fingers raked through his soft hair. My fingertips pressed against his scalp, causing a sound of delight to escape him.

“I don’t want to go when you do things like that,” he replied a little louder than before. After he spoke, he let his eyes open once again. Watching this, my smile returned.

I don’t know what Kevin and I are at this point. This has been our first sleepover… and that should mean something right? But I don’t want to bring it up right now. He’s so cute. There’s also a game tonight. I don’t want to do anything to mess with his focus. Besides, I was content with this cute cuddling right now.

“But you’ll be mad at me,” I pouted.

“Never be mad at you,” he spoke.

His arm found its way around me then, pulling me closer. I accepted his embrace and tried so hard not to enjoy his warmth as much as I did. He needed to get up… and I didn’t need to get so attached to him.

Ever since that game when I had my moment, I… can’t stop thinking about this guy. It makes me feel so dumb. Just thinking about his stupid scruffy face makes my stomach feel all fluttery. This is all new to me… and I don’t like it!

Pushing all of this to the side, I pulled myself out of his grasp and sat up against the headboard of the bed. With a loud sigh, Kevin pushed himself up and climbed out of bed. The sheets slid off of his body, nearly emphasizing every contour of each muscle on his back, and bunched on top of the mattress. I needed a moment to collect myself.

“You’ll be at the game tonight, right?” he asked why he pulled a t-shirt over his torso.

“Uh, yeah,” I had to physically shake my head to get that response out.

“Same seats as always?” he turned to flash off a toothless smile. And there goes that fluttering in the stomach again.

“Going to direct a puck my way like always?” I found it in me to tease.

“Always,” he got a chuckle out of my remark.

“Hate you,” I muttered, but couldn’t keep a smile away.

After those words left my mouth, a pout came over Kevin. I groaned and had this huge impulse to walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist. That pout quickly turned into a smile as he did the same to me. Before either of us could get a comment out, he leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

It was just a quick peck. The duration was probably only a second or two. However, the fluttering sensation that I described so many times was at a new extreme. I felt like my knees were threatening to buckle as a dizziness washed over me. What the hell?!

“See you at the game,” he broke me out of my warm, fuzzy haze.

His arms quickly recoiled to his sides. Before I could say anything in reply, he was walking out the door. My brain was trying to convince my legs to go after him; kiss that handsome face of his again. They didn’t budge though. My lips would have to wait until after the game tonight until they got another chance to act on this impulse… and those few hours were going to feel like forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the result of me having a need to write Knaut fluff... and I need to write more lol