A Little Sweetness in My Life

This Little Guy

Throughout the week, Katie refused to talk about Ryan. I tried to bring him up so many times and she would just mutter something and then leave the room. She had some interest in him at least. I knew that for a fact. Every time I looked at her though, her face seemed to be shoved into her phone. I could only assume that she’s texting Ryan…

… Because the only person I’ve been texting all week is Kevin.

At first, it started with us hashing out all of the details for us to have our little hangout day. He had practice on the day that we had intended to plan everything, so we had to push a few times back. It wasn’t a big deal. However, after that, we found anything and everything to chat about. This guy was all right. So far, I’m glad Ryan introduced me to him.

“When’s your date with Joey?” I asked Katie the night before my day with Kevin.

“It’s not a date!” she shot at me… even though I knew…

“Mhm,” I had to poke. “When is it?” I went on.

“When’s your date with Kevin?” she quickly countered as her phone dinged; no doubt a text from Mr. Johansen.

“It’s not a date,” I rolled my eyes.

“Mhm,” she mimicked my response from before.

“It’s not! After what happened before, I’m not even hooking up with a guy that Ryan introduces to me,” I told her.

“Right…” she glanced at her phone and then picked it up to begin typing.

“When are you hanging out with Ryan?” I got back on track.

“Tomorrow,” she muttered without taking her eyes off of the screen on her phone.

“Oh,” I replied.

Before she could turn her attention from whomever she was talking to, I got up and said I was going to turn in for the night to avoid any Kevin conversations. I didn’t have to be at the hospital, but sleeping in sounded so good for a change.

I don’t remember much once I hit the mattress. Sleep took over and didn’t let me go until later on the next morning. Kevin and I didn’t have plans to meet up until around lunchtime. Knowing this, I laid in for a few extra moments before I reached over and checked my phone. I had a message. It was sent to me about twenty minutes ago… from Kevin. It was a picture of the cutest Golden Retriever puppy.

‘We need to find a place for this little guy to play,’ was what the message said.

I was overcome with cuteness from this damn dog to think properly. My brain wouldn’t even function so that I could respond. Where the hell was a damn dog park?!

Once I had collected myself, I told him that I knew the perfect place… which I didn’t. But how hard could it be to find a place to take such a cute, little puppy?

After I took a shower, I did my research and found a park that we could take Kevin’s dog to. I was now so excited to be spending a day with this adorable puppy… and it’s equally cute owner.

“You’re leaving now?” Katie asked while I was on my way out the door to meet up with Kevin.

“… Yeah,” I answered, swearing that I told her all about this before.

“Oh,” was all she said.

“Are you… nervous about your date with Ryan?” I had to tease her.

“NO!” she was quick to shoot at me.

“Aw, my little Katie’s nervous about her date,” I cooed… and if she were close enough I would have reached out to pinch her cheeks.

“Shut up,” she muttered, trying to turn her head so that I couldn’t see her face growing red.

“You’ll have fun. Ryan’s a nice guy. I promise,” I softened my tone.

She sighed heavily, relaxing a bit. “Well, I hope you have a nice time with Kevin,” she replied.

I sent her a smile before I walked out of the door and to my car. There was not a doubt in my mind that Ryan and her would have a great time doing whatever they had planned tonight… and I hoped that Katie would tell me all that happened! But right now, I have a play date with a cute puppy and I cannot wait to meet this little guy!
♠ ♠ ♠
:D