A Little Sweetness in My Life

Cheer Just For Me

I was busy trying to clean the apartment as best as I could before Ryan showed up. He wasn’t telling me what he had planned, considering I was useless as to planning a date. He let me try and when I told him I had no idea, he took over and then told me he was coming over. Of course, Kylee and I hadn’t cleaned much that week so I was running around, vacuuming and scrubbing every inch of the place.

I was in an old pair of jeans and just a t-shirt, my hair thrown up in a messy bun and very little make up. I had planned on finishing in time to change and doll myself up a bit more but then there was a knock on the door. I cursed under my breath, having just put everything away. I ran over to the door and opened it to see a mountain on bags and then Ryan hiding behind them.

“Need some help?” I asked teasingly, grabbing a few and placing them on the counter. “What is all this?”

“I’m gonna cook for us.” He said with a proud smile on his face. I gave him a strange look and his smile faltered just slightly. “Oh come on, don’t knock me just yet! I’m an awesome cook, thank you very much!”

“Alright, I’ll believe you.” I said, leaning against the counter for a minute. “Can I do anything to help?”

“Nope, I’m handling it.” He said, smiling at me. God, that smile, it was killing me.

“Well…can I go change?” I said, backing up and towards the hallway. Ryan reached out and grabbed me, dragging me back into the kitchen.

“I like how you look…very cute.” He said, making me blush a little bit. “You don’t have to doll up for me; I think you’re beautiful already, I’m just trying to get to know the real you…if you let me.” Oh my fuck….Kylee, where did you find this man!?

“Well….what can I do?” I asked, hoping up on the other counter and swinging my legs a little bit. I was almost eye level with him now. He hummed a little and opened the fridge, making an ah-ha sound and pulling out a beer. He cracked it open and handed it to me with a grin.

“You can sit there and relax.” He said, grinning more as he started pulling things out of their bags. I was quiet for a bit, letting him hooking his phone up to our speakers and have some low background music as he cooked.

“So…you’re from….Canada…right? I mean…aren’t most NHL players?” I asked, making him laugh a little.

“Yeah, I’m from Vancouver. What about you? You mentioned your ex’s are back home…where is home for you?” He asked, looking over his shoulder at me for a second and smiling.

“Boston…Ohio State offered me more financial aid and scholarships so here I am.” I said, sipping my beer slowly.

“Bruins….nice….so you’re not a Blue Jackets fan?” He asked, humming a little bit to a song that was playing.

“The Bruins are my home team, I’ll have a special place for them…but I do live in Columbus so…I’m a fan…just not when you play the Bruins.” I teased, making him laugh again.

“How about you cheer just for me?” He suggested, putting something on the stove then coming over to me, leaning against the opposite counter.

“Hmmm…..I think we can work on a deal.” I said, pretending to ponder the idea. He laughed and shook his head a little bit, grabbing himself a beer and then hoping up on the counter with me.

“When’s Kylee due back?” He asked, sipping on his drink and looking at me.

“Dunno, she didn’t say. I’m assuming not for a little while.” I said, shrugging a little bit. “Why?” He shrugged back then bumping my shoulder with his.

“Just wondering…I’m only making enough for us…I don’t wanna have to share with her. Besides…this is our first date, it would suck if we got awkwardly interrupted.” He said, laughing and smiling at me.

“I see your point.” I said, nodding a little bit. We were quiet for a bit, just enjoying the song that was on. I looked down at the counter, seeing his hand next to mine. I swallowed a lump in my throat and slowly moved my hand over his, lacing our fingers together. He looked back over at me and smiled shyly, looking away for a second before squeezing my hand in his. Damn you, Kylee….he’s perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
He's so effing precious

Katie