Status: Not completed yet. Still needs work. But I hope you enjoy this. Please let me know what you think.

Red Death

January 1, 2045

I don’t quite know why I’m writing any of this. Until the Apocalypse had happened, I didn’t even know how to write, let alone read. But Eugene (AKA Miguel) says that you need to know; that everyone needs to know about our history. This way, our mistakes and crimes will never be repeated – or so, that is what we hope.
Eugene sits here beside me. He helps me with words that are too hard or to long for me spell; he helps me with keeping my story true. There are some things I wish to leave out, but Eugene says that I must put everything down. None of us want a repeat of our past. One Apocalypse was one to many. We may not survive another one.
So, listen up!
If this notebook has reached your hands it means that you are worthy enough; it means that you can help change the world. You can stop a repeat of our history. You might be a farmer, world leader, scientist, or even just a mere kid (personally, I really don’t care who you are). Someone has enough faith in you to entrust my words into your hands.
That, my friend, is good enough for me.
Eugene wants me to start at the very beginning. I guess he has a point and I know that he means well. Though, if it were up to me, I’d rather just make this tale short and sweet. But Eugene wants me to add all of the facts, no matter how small they may seem. So, I guess you better sit down. This story is a long one and it’s completely true.
I don’t want you missing one second of it.