Status: On-Going, please enjoy!

Wisconsin Haunting

Cleansing and Lectures

Going through her stock of herbs, her Red wolf and German Shepherd mixed pup, Gunny, followed behind and in between her feet, almost making her trip several times. Given that he was only five months old, she couldn’t stay mad at him; however, her other dog, Chief, a Bernese Mountain dog, sat in the corner and just watched the pup. Siobhan rolled her eyes, ignoring both of them for now while she made three little cloth bags for an Imbolc cleansing bath - or shower, if they don’t want to sit in the tub for hours.

She had told the boys to pick up something to eat, before they could start the ritual, while she went home for supplies; they would need all the energy they could get while she worked on them separately. Of course, on her way home, she picked up a few more cans of Monster and a couple bags of beef jerky. As she was the one doing most of the work, she’d need instant energy and didn’t have time to sit down for a meal - she’d do that after they were all taken care of and in a deep sleep for the night.

Packing all her supplies away, along with a couple notebooks, pens, her computer, plenty of candles and her snacks into her laptop backpack, she grabbed Gunny’s leash and kneeled in front of the pup, smiling at his grinning face and tongue hanging out the side of his mouth, his whole body moving with his wagging tail as she clipped the leash on his collar.

Looping her end of the leash to her wrist, she swung her backpack on one shoulder and whistled for Chief as she headed for the door; hearing his heavy paws smack against the floor, she just stood to the side - making sure Gunny was behind her - and held open the door, laughing when Chief bolted right past her and skidded to a halt next to her truck.

Locking the door, she slowly went over to the side Chief was on, not giving in when Gunny started tugging on his leash, chuckling slightly at the annoyed whine both dogs gave her. Digging her keys out of her pocket, she hit the unlock button, waiting for Chief to open the back passenger door and jump inside before she let go of Gunny’s leash, letting him jump in the back after Chief. Tossing her backpack in the back with them, she shut the door and took a quick jog to the barn to check on her horses, making sure they had enough to eat and water to drink, before jogging back to the truck and hopping in the driver’s seat.

“You boys ready for a little adventure?” muttering to her dogs in German, Siobhan guffawing loudly when they barked in response. Revving her truck up, Siobhan made the half hour trek back to Milwaukee and to the boy’s hotel, putting her music on to make the time pass a little faster.

One of the reasons why she was bringing her dogs with her, was because she knew the manager of the hotel she set the boys up in and didn’t mind if she brought her dogs. The other reason was, they needed more training in the paranormal and she hadn’t had time to do that lately - Siobhan basically wanted to see if they’d take her dogs on the lockdown with them.

After a somewhat long half hour drive, she pulled into the hotel’s parking lot, Siobhan parked next to the guy’s van. Slipping out, she slung her pack on first before grabbing Gunny’s leash, whistling for Chief to hop out before locking the truck. Walking in, she waved to a few people who said hi to her and let a couple kids pet her dogs, all while scanning the lobby, looking for either the guys or her friend, Scott, and found neither. Frowning, she went further into the lobby, where the bar and dining room would be and, sure enough, all four of them were sitting at a table, laughing.

Smirking, she knelt down next to Chief and pointed out their table, giving him the go ahead to tackle one of them. He barked softly at her and took off, full speed, towards their table, jumped on Aaron and brought them to the floor. Siobhan snorted, slapping a hand over her mouth to contain her laughter, while Chief slobbered all over Aaron. Scott found her standing off to the side and waved her over, not helping Zak and Nick try to get her dog off their friend.

“You could’ve called ahead next time,” Scott said, smirking at her. Siobhan scowled at him, whistling for Chief to come by her side, waving to the boys when they finally noticed her.

“And ruin my fun? Forget it,” She handed him Gunny’s leash, squatting to kiss her dogs bye for a bit. “I probably won’t be back ‘till after midnight, I’ll come get them when I’m done.” Scott waved them goodbye while he walked off with her dogs, probably to put them in his office for the time being. Turning to the guys, she noticed the white paper bag with a large, yellow ‘M’.

“Really? Out of all the food joints you can go to, you pick McDonalds?” She shook her head at them, her hands on her hips as they looked at each other before shrugging sheepishly.

Siobhan sighed, “Remind me to take y’all some place with actual food tomorrow. Right now, we need to head upstairs and get this over with while the night is still young.” She helped clean up and followed them up to the fifth floor, where their rooms were.

Stopping at Aaron’s room, she explained what she was doing, “Okay, I’m going to start with Aaron first, Nick is second, and Zak will be last. There’ll be a little herb bag that I will give you after the ritual is done, you can chose to take a bath with it or a shower, it doesn’t matter. I’ll give you further instructions later, when I’m with you. In the mean time, while I’m with Aaron, you two pick whatever music that helps you relax and get it set up in the bathroom. Got it?” They all nodded, agreeing with her terms, and the two went to their room further down the hallway while she motioned for Aaron to open his.

“Is it alright if we film this?” He asked as they walk into his room, tossing his card key on the table with all his other stuff.

“Nah, it’s fine. Gotta make my show debut sometime, right?” Siobhan joked, sliding her pack off to take out Aaron’s herb baggie, placing it on the vanity in the bathroom for later. She went around the room, turning some of the lights down and making sure the curtains were closed, going back in her pack for a few candles and placed them accordingly throughout the room, lighting them as she went.

Once everything was as good as it was gonna get, she slid her shoes and jacket off, rolling up her sleeves to reveal her many tattoos. Aaron raised an intrigued eyebrow at that and tried to look closer, to see what they were, but it was too dark and the candlelight didn’t help.

“Alright, Aaron, if you’ll take a seat on the edge of the bed right here.” She patted the foot of the bed, her voice deepening and took on a soothing quality. Aaron tried to hide the shiver that went down his spine as he sat in his designated spot.

“Okay, and now, just close your eyes and take deep breaths, focus on the sound of my voice, relax.” He did as he was told and tried to relax his body, staying in tune with her voice and the gentle pressure of her fingers on his temple. He actually had to fight to stay awake after a few minutes.

“Good, good, you’re doing great. I know you might be sleepy, you had a long day, but it’s almost over. I’m going to start praying now, just keep taking those deep breaths and relaxing.” She started out slow and gently, gradually picking up the tempo after every verse until she was practically booming with electricity and power, a small amount of white light emitting from her fingers.

“Circle me, Lord.
Keep protection near
And danger afar.
Circle me, Lord
Keep hope within.
Keep doubt without.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep light near
And darkness afar.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep peace within.
Keep evil out.”

Aaron didn’t really understand what she was saying, since she was chanting in another language, but whatever she was doing, it was working. He began to feel lighter, felt more joyful, and there wasn’t any lingering dark thoughts that weren’t his.

“May my spirits, your spirits, and the good spirits of the unknown be in your good blessings. Blessed be.” Siobhan finished off by tracing the traditional Wiccan symbol of the three moons on his forehead. Aaron only opened his eyes once he realized she stepped back and was moving the candles to the bathroom.

“Now, it’s the second part. You can either choose to go with the bath or the shower, just make sure the cloth bag is underneath the flow of the water,” She called out to him, her voice echoing slightly in the bathroom. He got up to go in there when she skipped back out, flashing him a bright smile. “You can also choose if you want music or not, doesn’t matter. All you have to do is relax, imagine all the bad energy just seep out of your pores and go down the drain with the water.

“Go for as long as you like, general time is half an hour, but you can go longer if you feel like you need it. Stay in that relaxed state and get ready for bed. No staying up to look at footage, or audios, or just surfing the net. You go straight to bed, am I clear?” The stern look she had on her face is what made him nod in agreement. “Good, now I don’t want to see you up until a decent time, okay? I’ll come wake you if it gets any later.”

“Got it,” He muttered, watching her as she went around, putting her jacket and shoes back on, re-packed her bag, and set off to go to Nick’s room next. She waved to him before the door shut and he was left, standing in the middle of his room, all alone and somewhat confused. “She’s definitely something else.” Aaron chuckled to himself and got ready to take an herbal shower.

Knocking on Nick’s door, Siobhan tried to ground herself a bit and find her center, her sense of balance, so that she’ll be at her peak to work on her next patient.

Nick opened the door a smidge, so only one of his eyes showed, and whispered, “Howdy neighbor.” Siobhan snorted loudly, slapping a hand over her mouth for the second time tonight, and kicked his door lightly. He chuckled, grinning as he let her in, leaning on the door as he shut it and watched her set up the room.

“Aaron tell you we’re filming this?” He asked, since she didn’t even comment on the camera set up in the corner. She looked up from lighting her candles and gave an a sour look.

“Of course and before you ask, no, I don’t mind that you do,” She made sure all the curtains were shut, the lights were turned down, before she patted the foot of the bed, indicating that she wanted Nick to sit there. Moving from the door, he didn’t see Siobhan slip her shoes and jacket off, rolling up her sleeves like she did before.

When he finally did notice, he almost stopped everything to ask her about her arms. He couldn’t see that they were tattoos, because of the lighting, and not scars like he thought they were. But she didn’t stop for anything - once she started, there was no stopping, it had to flow like a river.

“Shh, you can ask questions tomorrow,” She went back into her soothing voice, hoping it’ll have the same effect on him like it did for Aaron; thankfully, it did and he stopped talking. “Now, close your eyes and take deep breaths, focus on my voice and try to relax.” She placed her fingertips against his temples as his eyes closed, her own slipping shut as she focused on the dark energy surrounding Nick. It didn’t take long to gather it and he was holding up longer than Aaron did - she could feel he was starting to slip though, barely.

Once she got a hold on it, she whispered, “You’re doing great, just keep breathing and stay relaxed. I’m going to start praying, just focus on my voice,” Like before, she started off gentle and soothing, gradually getting louder as she finished and started again, goosebumps broke out on Nick’s skin as she radiated power and he could see a weird light behind his eyelids, like he was laying out in the sun on a nice day.

The light dimmed as she moved her fingers to his forehead, tracing something there as she muttered, “May my spirits, your spirits, and the good spirits of the unknown be in your good blessings. Blessed be.” Nick’s eyes popped open as she stepped away, stumbling over to her pack to pull out a bag of beef jerky and tiny cloth bag.

“Now, you can choose between a bath or a shower, just make sure this bag is under the flow of the water. If you have music to relax to, great. If not, that’s great, as well, it won’t affect anything. This is just to help you relax further and get rid of any lingering unwanted energy.” She tossed the bag to him as she went around and gathered the candles to put in the bathroom, nibbling on a piece of jerky.

“That’s it?” He asked, turning the tiny bag in his hands, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Nick thought there’d be more to this.

“Well, once you’re in there, you have to imagine all the bad energy leaving your body and going down the drain with the water. Take as long as you need, general time is half an hour, but you can go longer. Once you’re done, no working, no nothing. You go from the shower and right to bed.”

“Oh, c’mon!” He protested, thinking of all the footage they have to go through still to make next week’s episode. Siobhan stepped out of the bathroom with a stern look, her hands on her hips, and Nick automatically thought of his mother again. He huffed, agreeing with her terms, just to get rid of that look.

He really needed to stop comparing Siobhan with his mom. It was freaking him out a bit.

“I’ll come wake you if you’re not up at a decent time,” She promised, slipping her shoes and jacket on once again, packing all her things and waved bye to him as she went out the door, off to Zak’s room next. Nick just shook his head and got ready to take a shower.

Siobhan took a breather just outside Zak’s room, doing a little meditation to find her center. It’s been a while since she worked on so many people in one sitting, her body wasn’t used to it, and she knew she needed to be her best right now.

Feeling more like herself, she cracked open a can of Monster and ate a couple more pieces of beef jerky for extra measure. Standing up, she chugged half the can as she knocked on the door, praying that the energy kicked in in time. Zak didn’t even say hello when he opened the door, frantically motioning for her to hurry inside. She was about to ask him what was wrong but the second she stepped into his room, she felt the change of atmosphere. It was colder and had a slight ominous feeling to it.

“It’s been like this since I came in here,” Zak whispered to her, kind of crowding around her like she was his bodyguard, which technically, she was.

“It wasn’t like this earlier? When you guys came here after the airport?” Siobhan was scanning the room, looking for any odd shadows - there were a couple, hiding in the corner and they were giggling but that was it.

“No,” She hummed, moving into the room cautiously. As she moved, she could feel the energy changing in the room, growing less and less as she walked. The two shadows had gone from giggling manically to glaring at her, growling. She knew she didn’t have a lot of time to dilly-dally around on this one.

“Alright, Zak, sit on the foot of the bed. We got to jump right into this,” Pulling her pack off her shoulders, she grabbed her remaining candles and hurriedly lit them, whipping her jacket off as she stood in front of him. She didn’t have time to dim the lights or shut the curtains, she could feel the energy pressing against her, trying to drain her to regain it’s own powers back.

Calming herself down a bit, she instructed him to shut his eyes and focus on calming his breath, told him to take even, deep breaths and to listen to her voice. Placing her fingertips on his temples, she could feel the dark tentacles of the spirits licking at her skin, giving her a creepy feeling. Ignoring it, she jumped right into the incantation, starting off gentle and soothing, like always, before reaching into her powers.

The longer she went on, the more the spirits tried to fight against her. She was practically shouting the prayer at this point, the white light spreading from her fingertips to her whole hand, and her hair was crackling with energy. With a finally burst of power, the spirits left and the atmosphere of the room lifted a great deal.

Exhausted, Siobhan tiredly traced the Wiccan symbol on Zak’s forehead, while muttering, “May my spirits, your spirits, and the good spirits of the unknown be in your good blessings. Blessed be.”

Zak opened his eyes just in time to see Siobhan fall face first on to the empty spot next to him on the bed, groaning loudly, “You okay?” He had to ask, feeling bad that whatever was attached to him had drained her so badly.

“Don’t make me ever do that again,” Her words were muffled from the comforter but he got the gist of what she said. He frowned, patting her on the back gently, not knowing what to do in this type of situation.

“I’m sorry?” He tried, knowing it probably wouldn’t help anything, but he had to try. Siobhan snorted, hoisting herself up onto her elbows so she could talk to him.

“I meant, don’t let me bless that many people in one sitting again in the near future. My body’s not used to it anymore,” She grimacing as she tried to get up, moving her back in such a way that Zak was sure wasn’t possible and cringed at the loud crack that came from it. Judging by the satisfied noise she made and how easily she got up after that, he was pretty sure she wasn’t human. Since he was busy staring at her in horror, he didn’t see the tiny bag come flying at his face until it was too late.

“Make sure that’s under the flow of the water, otherwise it’s useless. Take as long as you need, general time is half an hour, but you can go longer. Use the time to relax everything, your muscles, your energy, your mind. Imagine all the bad things leave your body with the water and down the drain. If you have music, great, if not, that’s fine.

“After you’re done, no work, no Twitter, no nothing. You go straight to bed.” She rattled off as she went around, inspecting the room and feeling for any bad energy left behind. Once she was satisfied, she moved the candles to the bathroom and made sure Zak understood everything she said, having him repeat some of it to be positive.

“Herbal shower, half an hour, straight to bed,” He repeated, watching as she put her jacket back on, catching a glimpse of something on her forearm. Tilting his head, he tried to think back to when she took her jacket off, to see if he caught anything then but everything was just a blur, it all happened so fast.

“Correct. I’ll come wake you if you’re not up at a decent time, okay? We got a big day ahead of us tomorrow, you need to sleep.” She advised, waving goodbye to him as she left. He was a split second too late in waving back but it didn’t matter, he had a feeling she knew. He took a moment to take a personal inventory of how he felt and was surprised to see how light he felt, he had no ill-feelings or negative thoughts that popped up in the last few months. Zak wondered what it was she traced on his forehead but that was something to ask later.

Right now, he was looking forward to an herbal bath.

Siobhan was dead beat by the time she made it downstairs to the manager’s office, a little bit past one in the morning, and she was in desperate need of either sleep or extremely strong coffee. She couldn’t even lift her hand to knock on the door, so she just banged her head against it softly, hoping Scott would still hear her and maybe, hopefully, let her crash on his couch for an hour or two.

Thankfully, Chief heard her and was barking at the door, pawing at it to try and open it for her. She had to smile at that, knowing she trained him well but it looks like her training with Scott needs some work - he still locks his door after ten. She heard him shush Chief as he got closer and had to move, otherwise when he opened the door, she’ll face-plant the floor and she really didn’t want a pair of black eyes for tomorrow.

Scott poked his head out and frowned at her appearance, looking like Death himself. Not saying anything, he grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her inside, guiding her to his couch slowly.

“Why did you do it if you knew this would happen?” He asked her once she was settled on the couch with Chief resting on top of her. She tried to shrug but with the extra hundred pounds on her chest, it was difficult.

“Because they needed my help and I’m the one who called them here in the first place,” She tried to reason with him, knowing that he didn’t like it when she exceeded the use of her powers so suddenly.

“That still doesn’t mean you had to help them,” He argued, pacing slightly in front of her.

She sighed heavily, “Scott, no matter how much you argue, it’s done and over with, you can’t change it.” He looked at her, sadly, because he knew she was right. He sighed, moving to sit in his chair and slouched in it, staring up at the ceiling.

“You’re right and I hate it when you’re right,” He groaned, making her giggle a bit. “What time do you want me to wake you up?”

“Hmm...does four sound good?” Scott scoffed at her, picking his head up just to give her a look that let her know she was insane. She huffed, “Fine, whenever you feel like is a good time for me to recover. But I gotta be up before noon.” He relented with that and turned to his computer, continue his work while Siobhan dozed off, Chief already making sleepy grunts, Gunny fast asleep under Scott’s desk by his feet.