Sequel: Hello

Centuries

O N E

"And this would be your room." The black haired girl frowned as she gazed into the bedroom, bookshelves lining the top of the queen sized bed. A small side table rested against the headboard with a lamp on top. The bed was tucked into the corner of the room made neatly for anyone to see. A desk sat opposite the bed void of any items. The visitor pulled on the handle that lay under the bed to expose a drawer that revealed space for clothes or knick knacks.

"What if I don't like to read?"

The brunette pursed her lips to keep a retort from spilling. Rocking on her heels she shrugged and then gestured toward the white door to the left of a dresser.

"That's your bathroom." Opening the door she eyed the inside. "Your own shower and toilet."

"It's all so, girly."

"Well this is what I'm offering. If you have any other questions feel free to call." Leading the black haired girl back into the hallway, the brunette prayed this was a bust. Giving the visitor a tight lipped smile she let out a huff once the door finally closed.

Winnifred Mikaelson ran a hand through her tangled brown locks before pushing off the door. The apartment echoed her footsteps, her brown eyes wandering over the white walls. Large brown pillars stretched across the ceiling that angled into a wall of windows overlooking Lake Shore Drive. Beyond that Lake Michigan rolled along in small waves that carried the little sailboats and surf boards toward the sandy beach. Natural light from the sun pooled into the hardwood floor warming her feet as she moved.

Chicago, Illinois was warm for October. Sunshine spilled along the roads and sidewalks where many people adorned in short sleeved shirts ventured out with shades perched on their noses. As much as she enjoyed the warm air, Winnifred found it easier to stay inside. As much as she tried to let it go her past would always be her past.

Grabbing a pad of paper off the counter island of the kitchen she scratched Stacy Miller off the list. Sitting in the white chair that was reserved for breakfast time she rested her chin in her palm.

"Too girly." She scoffed. "Sorry it's not a bachelor pad." Slapping her hand onto the counter top she rolled her eyes when a soft knock came from the door. Slowly heading back she let out a deep breath turning the silver knob. "Did you forget something?" Her eyes widened at the strawberry blonde girl standing in the threshold. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else."

"It's fine!" The green eyed girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. A few moments passed and Winnifred clicked her tongue. "Shit, where are my manners! Hi. I'm Keziah, Kez for short. I saw your ad on Craigslist and thought I would drop by since I was in the area."

"Come on in," Winnifred stepped aside. Pulling the strap of her purse up on her shoulder the girl smiled. Her beige colored top ruffled along her torso disappearing in the waistband of her denim shorts. Long, toned legs carried her gracefully in front of Winnifred making the brunette second guess her long sleeved plaid shirt and torn jeans.

“This place is gorgeous,” Keziah muttered more to herself. She glanced into the two bedrooms as she passed before spotting the kitchen. The island was tucked between two walls, a large white flower picture contrasting against the black background providing decoration, with a couch opposite to gaze out of one of the windows. Pink curtains were bundled in the far corner of the room where a small wooden table sat, the little opening adjacent to another white couch. Wicker chairs lined a rug, a little coffee table in the middle, and Keziah brought her hands to her mouth to hide her excitement.

In the wall behind the second couch was a cubby hole splatter painted at the top with one shelf that could hold picture frames or books. To the right of that was a teal colored shelving unit that angled with the walls. On the very top shelf were multiple frames with different people, the rest of the shelves littered with various items and cookbooks. A rounded glass dining table was home to four grey chairs. Keziah spun in a slow circle before running her hand along the stainless steel counter top lining the kitchen. “Did you decorate this by yourself?”

“I designed it,” Winnifred replied with a shrug. Keziah felt her jaw drop slightly. “I’ll show you the bedroom.”

“There’s no need.” The strawberry blonde stuck out her manicured hand with a very bright smile. “I will gladly be your roommate.”

“Are you sure?” The brunette twisted her hands in front of her. “You don’t have any questions?” Just as the words left her lips a very loud thud sounded from above them. Eying the ceiling Winnifred glared.

“Noisy neighbors?”

“They aren’t too bad.” She waved it off and the sound came again. Letting out a breath she squeezed her eyes shut. “I’m pretty sure they’re athletes of some kind.”

“You live in the same building as athletes?” Keziah clapped her hands together. “That’s amazing!” Digging into her purse she pulled out a piece of paper she had typed up and printed the night before listing her financial information and whatever else needed to be known. Handing it to Winnifred she walked around the space again.

“Keziah Lewis,” the brunette read softly. In all honesty she didn’t need help paying for the place. It was bought out three years ago when she first moved into it. But living by yourself gets old and lonely too quick and it was time to start moving on. “Winnifred Mikaelson.”

“What?” Keziah put down a book she had lifted off the coffee table.

“I’m Winnifred Mikaelson.” She folded the piece of paper and tucked it into her back pocket. “Whenever you are ready to move in, the room is yours.”

“Mikaelson?” Tapping her chin with a finger she furrowed her brow. “I know that name.” Letting out a breath the new girl shrugged. “I just need to make a few calls to get some of my things shipped here. I’d say in about three or four days?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Excellent!” Keziah threw her arms around Winnifred who awkwardly hugged her back. “You’re going to love me, I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I can.

A.