Status: Done.

Robot meets Girl

Secrets are out

Madison loved this book store because behind a curtain there were books that were labeled “morbid” above the curtain and she always got excited when she entered the selection, feeling her adrenaline kick in.

“I thought I’d find you here,” a familiar voice said and Madison turned around. Adam stood in front of her, his black hair covering one of his eyes. “How are you?”

Madison shrugged. “I’m fine, I guess.”

“Where’s your boyfriend? The one you kissed?” Adam took a step closer and Madison stepped back.

“We’re taking time to think.” Madison’s heart pounded agonizingly in her chest.

“Oh.” Adam brushed his fingers through her hair and she felt sick again. “Can I ask you something?”

Madison’s face warmed. “I’d rather you didn’t.”

“Will you go to prom with me?” Adam’s face moved closer to hers and she became more uncomfortable.

“Is he hurting you, Maddie?” Nate stood at the curtain, restraining himself from hurting Adam.

“I’ll think about it, Adam.” She shoved him away and brushed past Nate. Madison went out the back door and let out a deep aggravated breath.

Nate came through the door and stood by it as it slammed shut. “Did he touch you?”

Maddie shook her head and looked down at her boots. “You can’t just show up like that, Nate.”

“There’s something I want to tell you, Maddie.” Nate stepped closer to her and she stayed still. “I know you won’t believe me, so I’ll have to show you.” He picked up an empty glass beer bottle and cracked it. “I’m a robot.”

Madison raised an eyebrow, waiting for a joke. “No you're not.”

Nate slashed the sharp edge down his arm and opened it. He forced the artificial skin apart and the blood chemicals went to both sides. Nate grabbed her hand and felt guilty by her petrified expression.

Her hand graced his metal bone and she pulled her hand back. “Holy—” Madison didn’t finish her sentence because she was too busy running away.
♠ ♠ ♠
it had to happen some time. thanks for reading and comments are welcome!!!