Status: Done.

Robot meets Girl

"Friends?"

Madison sat at their usual lunch table, sitting across from Nate, who was holding her hand. She smiled at him and he returned it. They weren’t much for words, because it had been a week and the pale fourteen-year-old had been trapped or figured out that she needs to go to an insane asylum.

“Hi, Madison.” Alison stood at the edge of the table and smirked at her. “Can we talk?”

Nate nodded. “Pull up a chair.”

Alison smiled and sat down. She noticed that Madison was happy and didn’t want to ruin that. “I just wanted to say that maybe we shouldn’t fight. Maybe we could be friends again. The friends I have aren’t really...friends.”

Madison grinned. “I could’ve told you that.”

Alison grinned as well, relived that she understood. “So, I was thinking that since my parents are out this weekend that we could hang out. Watch some movies and talk. Nate and Curtis are welcome to come. So is Julian.”

Madison had to think it over. Had she really changed? Was that possible? Was it a trap?

Nate glanced at Madison, realizing that she probably wouldn’t answer. “That sounds fun.”

Alison’s face lit up. “Really?”

Madison cleared her throat. “Yeah.”

“Okay, well, you know where my house is and you guys can come by at six.” Alison grinned once more and left.

***

Madison stood with Nate, Curtis, and Julian as they stared aimlessly at Alison’s door. It five fifty-eight and Madison hadn’t decided to knock on the door or not.

Curtis reached in between Nate and Madison to knock on the door. He hadn’t talked that much to Julian and was feeling a bit sick.

The door opened to reveal Alison in torn jeans at the shins, an If Vampires Existed t-shirt, combat boots, and her hair was up in a bun. “Hi.” She opened the door wider for them, giving them a welcoming smile.

Madison and Nate walked into the house, holding hands tightly. She didn’t say much, just staring at the gray rug.

The living room was filled with pictures of Alison, her mom (who looked like an older Alison), and her dad, who seemed to be staring off into the distance. The artwork was mainly abstract, with an amazing flow of colors. The furniture was plain, like no one had ever sat on it or anything.

“Thanks for coming!” Alison stood in front of her guests, who sat patiently on the couch.

Curtis sat on the floor, while Julian sat on the recliner. He knew that he should say something—if not to Julian, then to Alison to break the uncomfortable silence. “So, what’s on the agenda?”

Alison smirked. “Um. There’s food on the dining table, along with cups and drinks. We could watch a movie or talk or whatever you guys want to do.”

Julian got off the chair and looked into the dining room. “You have cake!”

Alison giggled. “Yeah. I know that Maddie has a sweet tooth.”

Madison smiled, remembering when they were younger. She was still waiting for her to tell them that they on cameras or that this all a stupid joke. Nothing came. Yet.

“Go ahead and pig out.” Alison smiled as the boys headed over to eat the junk food, while Madison sat stubbornly on the couch. “It’s vanilla cake, your favorite.”

“Is it poisoned?” Madison raised her eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

“If you’re going to be with way, Maddie, then maybe you should go back home, because I haven’t done anything to you lately but ask you to come here and have a good time. Why can’t you just relax and have fun?” Alison seemed hurt, which was an emotion Madison hadn’t seen for quite a while.

Because my boyfriend’s a robot and we always have to watch our backs. “I’m sorry.” And amazingly enough, Madison meant it.

Just as she was going over to eat, the doors slammed open and a huge crowd of people came in. There was a keg and an oversized boom box. The music began playing and the sent of beer filled the room.

Madison noticed how Alison’s face was hurt, again. Apparently, the social butterfly hadn’t told them to come. Maddie talked the boys into telling the partygoers to leave.

Madison walked over to a small group. “Hi.”

The looked her up and down, raising an eyebrow in disgust. “What do you want?”

Madison grinned, in a girly way. “I want you to get lost. No one invited you and your stuck up friends. So I suggest that you get out of here before drama starts.”

“Let’s go, girls. I can be around this trash.” The group walked out the door, catching other’s attention.

By the time they had gotten everybody out of the house, it was late and the house smelt of pot, cigarettes, and beer. Madison helped clean up the mess and opened the doors to let some fresh air in. She didn’t say anything to Alison, but noticed that Julian was talking to Curtis.

Nate gave her a reassuring smile and nodded toward Alison. “I’ll clean up the rest.”

Madison headed over to Alison, who was cleaning up the table. “Hey.”

Alison smiled through her tears. “You’re talking to me?”

“Why should I blame you for the assholes that ruined our get together?” Madison started helping her by getting another garbage sack. “I know you just wanted to be accepted, Allie, but sometimes not begin accepted is better, because you don’t have to worry about expectations or who they want you to be. I like being an outcast, ‘cause I can be myself.” She brushed her dark hair from her face, smiling.

“Begin an outcast sound fun,” Alison said, glancing at Madison.

Maddie nodded. “Yep and you’re welcome to join. But not with those friends that are just so wonderful to have around.”

“What friends?” Alison grinned and finally, finally, felt accepted.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so this was kinda long. i just finshed it. ummmm. the next one gets steamy with Nate and Madison, so that'll be cool. oddly enough, i like this story. i mean, its not perfect and once i get finished, i need to work on it, but i like it. thanks for reading and comments are welcome!