Status: Done.

Robot meets Girl

April Showers

Nate glanced at Madison, Alison, Curtis, and Julian as they swan in the pool at the local sports center a few blocks from Alison’s home. Nate didn’t want to get into the water, afraid of what would happen.

“C’mon on in Nate!” Alison had been in a better mood she had been hanging out with Maddie so much, leaving less time for him.

“I—” He was cut off by Madison, a wave of relief swallowing him.

“He’s not big on water.” Madison got out of the pool in black swimming trunks and an Edward Scissorhands shirt, which clung to her skin. “Hey, sexy.”

Nate grinned. “Hello, beautiful.”

“Come with me,” Madison said, extending her hand. She took him out of the pool area and outside to the alley. “Sorry that I made you come along.”

“It’s fine,” Nate assured her, leaning down and pressing his lips against hers. He hadn’t realized how badly he had missed her. Nate wrapped his arms around her waist and deepened the kiss.

Madison placed her hands on his cheeks, breaking his closed lips with her tongue. She felt his skin against hers and jumped up, wrapping her legs around his waist and he placed his hands on her caves. He pressed her against the wall as the kiss became more. Madison moaned as he held her tighter and brushed her fingers through his hair, pulling on a few parts.

The door opened beside them and Alison gasped, going back inside. Madison pulled away from Nate, giving him an apologetic look before going inside.

Nate stood outside, trying to calm himself. Is this how most teenage boys felt? Excited and...Overwhelmed? He sighed and leaned against the wall, disappointed. Why did she have to ruin it? Why did she even have to come?

***

Time seemed to pass much quicker for Nate, when his girlfriend was always away. Maddie was either hanging out with Alison or helping Curtis with another crisis. She never seemed to look at him anymore, and if she did, Madison looked drained of happiness. Sure, she wasn’t known as the happiest person, but she would always grin around him. Why did that change?

Nate sat at lunch, glancing up from the table to see Madison gushing to Alison about something. How Science class sucked? How they didn’t belong? The fact that she didn’t miss him?

“You okay, honey?” Madison met his eye, concerned. “You can join us anytime?”

Alison cleared her throat. “I think I’m going to check out...” She didn’t bother to finish as she ran from the table.

Madison gave Nate her full attention and he filled with adrenaline. “What’s up, sweets?”

“What happened to us? I mean, it’s been a week and you’re either with Allie or Curtis or Julian. What happened to us spending time together? I miss you.” The last three words were spoken with strength that shocked him.

“I’m sorry, Nate. But, I hang out with Julian for homework, because he’s super smart. Curtis doesn’t know what to do with Julian since this is his longest relationship—ever. And I haven’t talked to Allie in forever. I guess I’m just overly stressed about everything. Sorry.” Madison didn’t give him a look like most girl would, she just smirked at gave a small nod.

Nate gave a longer nod and smirked as well. “I’m sorry. I should’ve understood.”

Madison grinned. “You shouldn’t have to. I shouldn’t have to worry about losing you either. How about we spend this weekend together? Just you and me. No cell phones, just us.”

Nate’s face lit up. “Thanks, Maddie. I really need this.”

She leaned in and pecked his lips. “Anything for you. I love you, Nate.”

Nate pecked her in return. “You have no idea.”

“Look a RAINBOW!” Curtis came running to them and pointed outside, showing off the rainbow from the showers on the second day of April. “All the gay men are loved now.” He grinned at Julian and held his hand tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
as you can tell by the story that I'm not a romantic, but there will be more romance and of course, things heat up with Nate and Maddie, but also Curtis and Julian. thanks for reading and comments are loved more than you realize.