Status: Done.

Robot meets Girl

Life without music

Madison sat in the chair looking at a sleeping Curtis. She was listening to his iPod, but couldn’t bring herself to strum along with her fingers. She let out a deep breath, waiting from him to wake up.

When she looked up to see Nate staring at Curtis bewildered. “What happened?”

“Luke.” She didn’t have to say much more as “Raining Men” came on.

Curtis coughed and glanced down the mall. “Julian.”

Madison gazed past Nate to see Julian being taken down the mall. Alison was walking next to the bed. “Allie!” Alison just waved as they passed.

Madison came to the door, standing across from Nate. “YOU were supposed to be there! I was waiting for you! I needed you. I need you and you’re never there! You could’ve protected us! I can’t believe you!” She slapped him, knowing that it wouldn’t cause any pain and for a moment, she wished she could hurt him as badly as he had hurt her.

Nate let out a deep breath and glanced down at Madison. “I’m sorry. I have other things to do besides take care of you. I can’t always be there to protect you.”

Madison stood there, second from tears. “Okay.” She walked over to Curtis and started talking to him.

Nate didn’t need a conscious to tell him how much pain he had caused on them. This was better for everyone if he acted like he didn’t care. Nate left them, heading back to the club where he had spent his days and nights—trying to forget about them.

***

Julian walked through the hall to Curtis’s room. His shoulder was bandaged up and the doctors had said if Luke had stabbed him an inch to the right, he would’ve hit a nerve. So, as he walked, he realized that his last thought before he passed out was simple: Curtis. Julian remembered him when they had sex.

He remembered how Curtis’s body brushed his gently and how his moans seemed more out of passion than pain. He didn’t understand how he felt then, when they were truly together, but he did now, when he was afraid he wouldn’t be able to kiss Curtis’s lips a final time.

Madison was leaving the room when he entered and gave him a long hug. “I love you, Julian. I love you so much.” She kissed his neck. “He does too.” Maddie walked out of the room and smiled at herself.

Julian stood in front of his bed. “Curtis.”

“Julian, have you ever felt this tearing in your heart? Or that you couldn’t breathe when you’re around them? When you are, your chest feels like it will explode?” Curtis wasn’t so sure how he would tell Julian, but this seemed like a fine way as any.

“Yes.” Julian mouth went dry as if his words were taken away.

“I l—” Curtis was cut off a cop.

“Hi, I’m Officer Jenkins. I heard what Luke Rob did to you. Would you like to press charges?” The officer’s eyes bored into Curtis’s soul, making him feel nervous.

“I’ll leave you alone.” Julian walked out, disappointed that Curtis didn’t finish. Stupid cop!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's how it works: you comment, either on the story or my profile and I'll update. Or I'll just update when I have a new chapter. Sorry it's taken so long. I hope you enjoy!