Status: Done.

Robot meets Girl

The Aftermath

Madison sat on Curtis’s bed, staring at him blankly. “Nate and I kissed.”

“WHAT?” Curtis jumped on his rainbow bed, sending a small wave for the mattress. “Who kissed who?”

“He kissed me, but it was only to get Alison away from him when we went to the mall. Apparently it worked because she went away, but after she did, we still kissed! What does that mean?” Madison was freaking out more than usual over the Nate situation, and Curtis knew why: she really liked him and she was as scared as hell. “I haven’t talked to him since, though.”

“Okay. Tomorrow’s Sunday. Let’s bring him to church!” Curtis shook the bed again and grinned at Madison. “Was it any good?”

Madison smiled. “Probably the best kiss ever...”

Curtis brushed his fingers through her hair. “Even better than mine?”

Madison rolled her eyes. “We’ve never kissed and besides, you’re in love with Nate, too.”

“Wrong! I’m totally in love with Luke!” Curtis was always crazy about Luke, the school jock, and Luke wanted the attention from Madison. Curtis kissed her forehead. “Are you staying here tonight?”

Madison nodded. “I don’t want to deal with my dad.”

“Alright.” Curtis brushed her out of her eyes and left to get the cot.

***

Madison saw Nate being dropped off by the transit and her heart caught on fire. She was never good at this kind of stuff. “Hey.”

Nate smiled. “Hi.” Nate didn’t move closer or step back. “Should we talk about the kiss?”

Madison met his eyes, terrified. How could he freely talk about it? Wasn’t he nervous like her? “I don’t know, Nate. It was nothing.”

Nate nodded. “Okay.”

Madison felt a tingling feeling go through her body as she met his eyes. He’s so beautiful, she thought, knowing she could never have him. “At least we got Alison away, right?”

Nate grinned. “Yes.”

“Church will be starting!” someone yelled and everyone headed inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have a few more, but i doubt it'll let me update. thanks for reading! comments are welcome!