Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter One Krissi

Chapter One
Krissi

My heart sank when Harlyn spoke the words. My breath cut short and my head started to pound. How could this possibly be happening? How could I be the one who created the vampires? It seemed like there was more to all this. More to me than even I understood. Did this make me the mother of all vampires? I didn’t want to think about it. As my mind reeled through all the stuff I remembered about Raven and I, how he had been the one to accept me when I emerged from the tree. He had been all I’d known for so long, then He found me. Those piercing blue eyes that I instantly fell in love with. That drew me to him. But he was human, Jimmy was a human man the first time we met which meant at some point I had changed him into a vampire.

“Hello? Krissi?”
Avery sang waving her hand in front of my face. My eyes focused again and I found myself sitting with the girls at dinner. The guys had extra training this week so we didn’t see a lot of them. Aria wasn’t with us because she was still refusing to accept Harlyn.
“For fuck sake woman, stop spacing out this is seriously important shit”.
Harlyn said as she twirled her spaghetti around her fork perfectly. She then continued what she was saying.

“Ok so Amanda you were saying”.
Amanda cleared her throat lightly.
“I think that reds, blacks and maybe silvers would look best on you Harlyn”.
Harlyn grinned.
“Very true, Black sort of is my color, I suppose it suites me being a heartless bitch and all”.

She laughed to herself. Amanda giggled.
“Krissi, you look best in jewel tones”.
“She so does”.
Harlyn added. It took me awhile to figure out what this talk was really about. Then my eyes darted towards the huge poster hanging on the wall. “The Halloween Mask”. The big dance coming up on Halloween night that was like prom for us here.
“What about accessories?”
Avery asked looking up from her clipboard.
“Nothing too tacky. A tiara would be completely tacky for a dance like this, they are better used for weddings”.

Harlyn said, Elle and Alexus nodding in agreement. Avery pouted.
“Awe! But I was looking forward to getting one”.
Amanda laughed.
“You can get one for your wedding day”.
Avery sighed looking down.
“If I have a wedding day, Zacky’s been distant lately and I’m worried”.

“Oh hell, you and your overly dramatic boyfriend are such a pain sometimes. You love him and he loves you. Isn’t that all that really matters?”
Avery nodded to Harlyn as she finished eating. Night was lingering nearby blending in with the room. But Harlyn was quick to find him and shoot a smile in his direction. Night would return her smile.
“Ok makeup looks what do you have for us?”
Harlyn said continuing our meeting as she started eating the ice cream on her tray now.
“Ok so I thought instead of buying eye masks for the dance we could draw them on with makeup. It would be original and no one else will be doing it. We can come up with some amazing designs for them and personalize them to match our dresses”.

Avery beamed. Harlyn smirked to herself.
“Well, shit, you had your first brilliant Idea Avery congratulations”.
Avery laughed lightly.
“It was bound to happen someday”.
Harlyn turned her head in Elle’s direction.
“What do we have on pampering?”
“Well, I actually signed us all up for a day at the school’s spa. I got us in on that day and we have the first appointment. Everyone else is going to have to go into town to find something. Everything is booked and ready to go. We have the full package”.

Harlyn nodded.
“Good, and Alexus, what’s going on with our other arrangements?”
Alexus laughed lightly.
“The guys are going to be fitted with their tuxes this weekend, I’m taking them to the formal store. And yes there is a lot of complaining but they are being good sports about it”.
I kind of felt badly for Alexus having to get the guys into suites against their will. Harlyn faced me again and I did my best to smile at her though she was of course blind, Harlyn’s other senses were amazing.

“I think that about covers everything. Krissi would you come with me to the library”.
Harlyn asked I nodded getting up. Night cleared our places at the table and I took Harlyn's arm leading her out of the dining hall. She sighed looking over at me frowning a little.
“You need to stop stressing over this”.
She whispered so only I could hear her. We stopped and took a seat on the stairs. I turned myself to face her. She held my hands in hers.
“I don’t know where Raven is and after what you saw about me and the vampires. I’m sort of freaking out”.

Harlyn laughed.
“No shit. Look you need to relax yourself, seriously if you don’t the guys and the other girls are going to catch on that somethings going on”.
Harlyn said, I frowned looking away from her as I closed my eyes trying to push the feelings away. My fear was still building strong in my chest. I’d been going through some pretty serious crap since coming here. Harlyn hugged me which caught me off guard.

“Just quite your mind and everything will be alright”.
I wanted her to be right. Getting up we continued to towards the library. Harlyn continued on doing the studying she needed to do with her new books she was given. Night was staying close by.
“Stay with her”.
I told him.
“She’ll need someone to get her back to the dorm”.

Night gave a nod and walked over to where Harlyn was sitting next to her. I made my way out of the library and back towards the dorms. Sitting down on the couch I sighed not sure what to do. My mind filled with thoughts of Damien and Raven. Then the fact that I created the vampires came back on me as well. I grabbed for the remote and turned on the TV the screen came to life with the news a photo of a girl was plastered on the screen.
“Again if anyone has any information to the where abouts of Isabelle Monroe please contact this number”.

A number appeared across the screen, what shocked me about the girl was that she looked like me. Blond hair, green eyes. Small frame. She even had a faded out streak of pink in her hair. I was nearly floored when the next photo came up on the screen.
“She was last seen with this man, no one knows who he is police are looking for any information you can give on him and the whereabouts of Isabelle. Again please call if you have any new information that could help police”.

I grabbed my cell phone and stopped in mid dial. What was I going to tell them? That Damien the unidentified man was actually a powerful necromancer? That he was most likely recruiting or building an army? That the missing girl looked like me, his ex-girlfriend because he was obsessed with me? I couldn’t, no one would believe me and I was risking exposing our secret world to the humans.
I closed my eyes turning off my phone and setting it down again. The news moved on to a story about a puppy being adopted by a family.

I turned the TV off and got up making my way outside. I wound up at the stables and sat with Aether petting her mane as I sighed to myself.
“What am I going to do Aether, I can’t let anyone get hurt because of me. Damien is building an army which means he’ll be coming for me. And I can’t let any of them get hurt because of me. I’d never forgive myself, but I can’t lie to Jimmy”.

I whispered resting the side of my head against hers as she gave an almost consoling horse sound. I looked up at her and smiled petting the side of her head.
“Well, if everyone is going to start hating me, at least I’ll have you right girl?”
She made another happy horse sound nuzzling me. I stood hugging her lightly.
“Thank you Aether”.
The door to the stables opened and I heard footsteps approaching.
“Jail Bate!”
Jimmy smiled at me. I was fast to dry my eyes looking back at him.

“Hey”.
I said my voice wavering though I tried to sound strong. Jimmy frowned at me crossing his arms as he looked me up and down.
“What’s wrong Jail bate?”
He asked taking me in his arms. I broke inside clinging to him and breathing him in. it made my heart hurt to think about the fact he would probably never want to see me again after everything came out. How I kept things from him. Important things that he wanted to know. But I couldn’t risk him. I couldn’t lose him.
“Jail bate? Are you crying?”
I shook my head drying my eyes again.

“I’m fine”.
I said quickly, Jimmy cupped my cheek grazing it with his thumb and frowning down at me. God I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted him to know that Damien was building an army and I was the one who made him a vampire. I wanted us to get through this together. But I was scared, I couldn’t make Jimmy a bigger target then he was. I loved him way too much for him to get wrapped up in my drama. This was my burden and I had to bare it alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3