Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Eleven. Krissi

Chapter Eleven.
Krissi

Blinding light flooded the room without the mocking greeting that normally woke me from a dreamless sleep. I winced at the light feeling the two big guys grabbing me again and dragging me down the hall. I groaned in pain from the light and I wasn’t completely recovered from yesterdays “confession time”. I wasn’t brought into the normal room which made me worry. A heavy feeling filled my chest like my heart was made of led.

When I stopped moving or rather the guys who carried me stopped moving I was in a completely different room. There was no restraints no chair or shock therapy station. The men got a tighter grip on me as I lifted my eyes to fix on Damien and to me shock and pure horror, Night.

“Night?”
I winced trying to move to him. Night remained unmoving looking like he had put up a real fight. But in the end he lost out. Damien was holding a gun in his hand. My eyes narrowing at him.
“Today, you get a treat, confession time is off the calendar for today. Today you get to witness what happens when you don’t do what you’re told”.

I tried to free myself again but was too weak to do as much as wiggle. I hadn’t been eating, my only sense of survival was questionable tap water I was given. Night stood as a solider would unmoving. His eyes fixing on mine.
“Be strong Goddess”.
He said giving a curt nod to me. I tried to move again as Damien took his place at Night’s side pressing the gun against the side of Night’s head. Tears coming to my eyes as I shook my head.
“Don’t! I’ll repent! I do whatever you want! Just leave Night alone!”
Damien laughed at me with an evil smile.
“I told you, today isn’t a day to repent. Today is a day to merely suffer for your actions against us so far”.

I narrowed my eyes at Damien tears gushing down my cheeks.
“Fire! Come to me! Air Come to me! Earth Come to me!”
I began trying to summon the elements for the first time since arriving in this hell hole.
“Stop Damien! Save Night! Save my brother!”
I cried out. Nothing happened. The elements didn’t respond to me. No one was coming. No one would stop this from happening. Before I could try to summon the elements again the gun went off and blood spattered all over the room. I screamed out a horrified painful scream falling to my knees.

“NO! NIGHT!”
I sobbed hard trembling as I crawled towards him.
“Night! Please!”
Damien smirked looking down at me as he lifted my chin with his gun as I held Night’s body in my arms sobbing softly.
“Remember this during your next confession time. And maybe the rest of your friends will live to see another day”.
I sobbed hard over Night’s body. He was innocent in all of this. Why would Damien go this far? It was all my fault now, Night was dead because I wouldn’t repent my sins against Raven.

The two large men grabbed me again and forced me back towards the box I was kept in. I sobbed hard covered in the blood of my demon warrior, my brother gifted to me by Erebus. As I was thrown back into the darkness the door closed behind me locking as it always did. I curled up in a ball sobbing hard feeling like I was going to throw up. He was dead, really dead. It was the first time I ever witnessed anyone being killed. What made it worse was the fact that it was someone I loved so dearly.

I trembled as I sobbed. It was then that I heard it, a voice whispering inside my mind.
“Krissi?”
I opened my eyes drying my tears away and pushing myself upright.
“Whose there?”
“It’s me”.
My heart sank.
“Oh god, Harlyn, you saw”.
I could feel her heart ache blending with my own.
“I tried to save him!”
I sobbed hard cupping my hand over my mouth.
“It’s ok, I saw everything. I know you tried. You need to do what Night said. Stay strong. We’re coming to bust you out”.

And like that, Harlyn’s presence in my mind was gone. Hope sparked in my chest at the thoughts of Jimmy finally being able to rescue me from this hell hole. Night was dead, but I had to stay strong like he said. Hope was not lost. I would not be broken. Raven would not win.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3