Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Twelve Jimmy

Chapter Twelve
Jimmy

Harlyn woke with a hard sob cupping her hands over her mouth hunching forwards. Alexus moved fast to her side taking Harlyn in her arms as she cried. I frowned feeling my heart clench in my chest. I kneeled at her side.
“What happened Harlyn?”
She shook her head wiping at the wetness on her cheeks quickly. Before she faced the room. All of us holding our breath as we waited to hear what she saw. Krissi couldn’t be dead, she couldn’t be.

“He’s dead”.
Harlyn whispered. I knew what had happened. Night had been killed just like Valentine said. Guilt washed over me, maybe I could have prevented this. Maybe it was my fault that Night was sacrificed like this. Hell who the fuck was I kidding, it was my fault. I stood turning away from Harlyn as she cleared her throat again before speaking.
“I didn’t see anything that could identify her location. But I did smell something”.

I looked back at her.
“What?”
Harlyn rose to her feet getting herself together.
“Dead fish”.
I turned towards her. Amanda’s eyes lit up.
“The asylum! The one that closed down near the harbor! It would be the perfect place for them to hold her and torture her”.

I narrowed my eyes, the fact that she had been so close all this time and I didn’t know it pissed me off. I stormed out of the room without hesitation marching towards the parking lot. I knew I’d have to get Krissi out of Huntington for a while. The school was of course where we needed to be. But I knew Damien would follow her here and put everyone else in danger.

I got into my car starting it up. Brian jumped in with me and I didn’t care he was there nor did I have the desire to rip his head off like I had the past few months. Zacky and Avery got into the backseat. I sped across town towards where I knew the old asylum building was. I gripped the wheel so tight my knuckles were white against it. I had to be breaking the law with how fast I was going. Once we arrived close enough to see the building I turned off the car. Matt and Lexus coming to a stop on either side of me.

“Harlyn maybe you should wait here”.
I said looking at her.
“Fuck that shit! I know where Krissi is being held!”
Harlyn said crossing her arms. Amanda, Avery, Elle and Alexus moved to her side.
“We’ll go with her. You guys take care of Damien and his goons”.
“No wait!”
Harlyn said turning back to me.
“The girls need to wait here, Jimmy come with me, and Matt please get Night’s body back so it can be buried properly”.

Harlyn said. The other girls didn’t look at all happy about this arrangement. But Harlyn was right. Who would Krissi want to see more than anyone now? It was me she needed me. We rushed towards the building and I took hold of Harlyn’s arm guiding her. Once we were inside Harlyn turned to me.
“There is a long narrow hallway. Start down it”.
I rushed down the long hallway like Harlyn told me. Following her directions. We came to the cell she was being kept in. two large men were waiting outside the cell. I narrowed my eyes at them.
“Wait here”.

I said to Harlyn, she nodded to me. I stepped into view narrowing my eyes at the two large men. They saw me and without hesitating charged towards me. I threw out my hands and sparks of lighting shot from my palms electrocuting them. My eyes widened at this new power I didn’t have before. The men fell to the ground. I rushed past them grabbing the key to the cell and rushing towards the door. Before I could slide the key into the lock I heard the sound of a gun cocking behind me. Looking back over my shoulder I saw Damien grinning at me.
“Going somewhere James?”

I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Use your lighting power!”
Harlyn said from her hiding place I never took my eyes off of Damien.
“He put her through hell using electric shock therapy!”
Harlyn continued. That was all I needed to hear, Bolts of high voltage white lighting shot from my hands driving into Damien’s body causing him to howl in pain making him drop his weapon. I moved in to give him another shot but Harlyn called to me again.
“Jimmy! Just get Krissi. You can fry his ass later!”

I looked back to the door getting up and unlocking it the light filled. My heart stopped when I saw how thin she was , curled up in a ball. Her hair reaching past her lower back. She was covered in blood that wasn’t her own. So weak she could barely lift her head or open her eyes.
“Jimmy?”
I ran to her tears building in my eyes.
“Shit! Baby are you ok?”
I pushed her hair back from her face she gave a weak smile looking up at me.
“I knew you’d come”.
Her voice was horse. I scooped her up in my arms hugging her close as tears rolled down my cheeks.

“I’m here baby, I’m right here”.
She rested her head against my chest too weak to respond. I got up rushing out of the cell with her. Harlyn froze as I brought her around the corner. Even though she couldn’t see the state Krissi was in, she could sense it. I met up with Matt and the guys outside they all froze at the sight of her.
“Fuck, what did that bastard do to her?”
Brian growled. I looked at Matt.
“Get the girls out of here, they’ll all burst into tears seeing Krissi this way”.
Matt nodded carrying Night’s body with him. Harlyn stayed with me as Matt and the other guys left. I looked over at her.

“I’m sorry about Night”.
Harlyn straightened up.
“It isn’t like he was my boyfriend”.
She said trying to brush off her pain like he meant nothing to her. But I knew better, inside she was dying. She wanted to get her hands on Damien herself for what he had done to the guy she loved. Once the others were gone I walked back towards my car with Krissi. Laying her down in the backseat.

I jumped into the driver’s seat and headed towards the school again. Sure I wanted to get her out of Huntington and away from Damien. But she needed medical attention and lots of it.
As I drove back towards the school I promised myself the next time I saw Damien, I’d kill him for what he’d done to Krissi.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3