Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Fifteen Krissi

Chapter Fifteen
Krissi

Harlyn hugged me tight once she got back to the house and I returned her tight hug crying a little as I did. We hadn’t really had a chance to see each other since I passed out in the back of Jimmy’s car. Harlyn wiped at her eyes as she sat down on her bed. I sat next to her holding her hands in mine.
“Don’t you ever scare the shit out of me like that again!”
I half laughed as we hugged again and I fought back tears.

“I won’t, I promise”.
I whispered. We sat and talked for hours, Harlyn caught me up on everything that happened. About Night’s funeral and about her finals for school. We ended up falling to sleep on her bed in mid conversation. Visions of darkness and pail blue eyes haunted my dreams. I was back in the chair again restrained and Raven was looming over me. I fought to free myself and then others filled the room. Aria was with her coven, Damien was with his group and another man emerged from the shadows. A man almost as beautiful as Raven himself.

I couldn’t deny his beauty or my slight ill-founded attraction to Raven. But that was all there was, attraction and not even a serious one. It wasn’t love, it wasn’t inviting and romantic and warm. Nothing like Jimmy. Raven faced the man who entered and with a wicked grin the two turned their eyes back on me. And that was when they parted and I saw him again. Dante, but his eyes were different. And he too bore the mark of the necromancers. I screamed jolting upright crying out in fear. Harlyn quickly wrapped her arms around me stilling me.

“Shh! It’s ok, I’m here, your safe!”
I looked at Harlyn and instantly broke down crying. I was so scared, so beyond frigging scared. Grandma didn’t need any prompting to come into the room with a cup of tea for me and one for Harlyn as well. Harlyn smiled at Grandma.
“You truly are beyond even my skills of senses”.
Harlyn complimented her. Grandma laughed lightly and pecked my forehead before leaving the room. That was when Harlyn froze feeling my arms.

“Shit sake! You’ve been marked again!”
Harlyn said out of the blue catching on. I had forgotten for a moment that she was blind. As I looked at her now her eyes were the normal shade of aqua blue they had been before she’d gone blind because of her vision of Raven murdering the council members. To see something so horrific that it robs you of your sight. I still hadn’t forgiven myself for what happened to her. She traced over the interknit stars and moons that ran down my arms. Smiling to herself I noticed tears building in her eyes.

“Amazing, you’re amazing”.
I smiled at her taking her hands in mine.
“I think it’s only because my powers are growing”.
Harlyn shook her head.
“Stop doing that, fuck. You always underestimate yourself!”
I gaped at her for a moment.
“Did you forget just who it was that trapped Raven in the shadow realm he’s in right now? Was that not you?”
I looked down sighing to myself.
“I had to give my life to do it Harlyn. What if it takes something more extreme than that to get rid of him for good?”

Harlyn squeezed my hands in hers.
“Look, I get that Amanda is your best friend and twin or whatever. But I am your prophetess and your daily dose of reality so here it is. You are the high priestess of Alchemist’s and vampires! And while that title is scary for you right now, as your powers grow. You will start being able to handle it over time. And you aren’t alone! Because you have me and Jimmy and everyone else who loves you behind you all the way in this. And as tacky and completely cheesy as this is. Love is the most powerful element, energy or force in the world. And it was your love for your children and Jimmy that locked him away. So imagine what you can do to him with all the hell storm of love you’ve got in your corner now”.

Harlyn said as she kept hold of my hands. I smiled at her fighting back tears.
“We are going to kick that mother fucker’s ass and wipe him and his ass munch fucking kids out of existence once and for all. And in the end we will be the ones left standing. And that isn’t something I need an eye-bleeding vision to see”.
I hugged her tightly.

“I’d go crazy long ago if it wasn’t for you”.
I sniffed. Harlyn laughed hugging me back.
“Hell, I thought we already were crazy”.
We finished our tea and laid back trying to get back to sleep. I frowned at her.
“Can I ask what happened to your parents?”
Harlyn sighed averting her gaze.
“I don’t know. They left a note saying they were done with me. Your Grandma found me and took me in. your parents were cool with it and so they set me up in here with you. I hope you don’t mind”.
I smiled at her.
“I don’t mind at all, and not to sound mean or anything. But I’m kind of glad you’re away from your parents. They were awful to you. And I like having a roommate”.
Harlyn smiled at me squeezing my hand in hers.

“Me too”.
She whispered before both of us ended up going back to sleep thanks to Grandma’s tea. When morning arrived, Harlyn was in a rush to get me to my hair appointment. We arrived at a different high end hair studio then the one we’d gone to on that day I was taken. Something told me Harlyn knew going back to that street would be traumatic for me. Harlyn went on and on talking to the woman who was working on my hair. She even had cut outs from magazines for how my hair should look.

“What the heck?”
I asked not sure how she managed that.
“Amanda helped”.
She said when the girl started to trim my hair to start with. After the coloring and cut I found that I was starting to look like myself again. My hair touched to the side of my neck. The weight of my way too long hair being gone was a relief. The vibrant pink at the ends of my hair was matched with purples and lavenders. Harlyn smiled once I was done as if she could really see my hair not just in her mind. We paid for the hairstyle and headed back for the house.

When we arrived back at the house I wasn’t expecting the girls to be there waiting for us. Or for all of them to be dressed up looking amazing. Tears came to my eyes at the sight of my friends who I’d missed so horribly. I hugged each of them before Avery sat me down and started on my makeup. She started drawing on the eye mask design she came up with for me. Elle was working on my hair. I couldn’t believe this was all happening.

By the time they were done with me I looked like a Princess. My tiara mark fully exposed with my hair pulled back in a fancy bun style with loose strains of hair framing my face. The mask added to my tiara mark. My dress was a light purple color and had a corset top with silver flicks on it. A thin strip of ribbon around the upper part giving the illusion of a high waist line. There was a white jewel in the center of the ribbon that gave off a prism effect. A large purple bow just off to the left side of the dress and a sheer puffy skirt that I loved the layers added to the fullness of the dress.
“I can’t believe you guys did all this. But why?”

Harlyn smiled at me.
“You’ll find out, I think our ride is here”.
We walked out to the stretch limo that was waiting for us. Avery beamed holding my hand in hers.
“We all missed you so much”.
I smiled back at her.
“I missed you guys too”.
We got into the limo and for the first time since waking up. I wasn’t scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3