Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Nineteen Krissi

Chapter Nineteen
Krissi

I hadn’t expected to see Dante ever again. But I remembered the nightmare I’d had during the summer not long after recovering from Damien’s torture. Dante was a necromancer in that nightmare. And there was another man there too. One I hadn’t gotten a really good look at. But I had noticed he was beautiful that was it. I slipped my hand into Jimmy’s lacing my fingers with his.

“What are you doing here Dante? Aren’t you starting classes today?”
I asked trying to stay calm and not feel Jimmy’s upset and anger. Dante cleared his throat and I noticed his eyes fixed on my hand in Jimmy’s. Jimmy squeezed my hand tightly as if to say he’d never let go of me.
“We don’t start classes until next week. I thought we could talk since we didn’t get much chance to on the beach that day”.

“Beach?”
Jimmy asked sounding pissed. I moved into him slipping my arms around his waist and now focused my eyes on his.
“When I was brought home. I was missing you and the others so I took a walk on the beach. I came across Dante and his friends, we talked briefly and I went home”.
Jimmy relaxed as I held to him and he slipped his arms around me.
“I’m sorry Jail Bate, you didn’t know about the party. I should have gone to be with you first”.

“Jail Bate?”
Dante repeated narrowing his eyes between us. I giggled hugging onto Jimmy.
“It’s his pet name for me. He’s the only one allowed to call me that”.
Jimmy grinned down at me. I felt him relax and he leaned in to kiss me. I rested my hand against the side of his face as we kissed this made Dante uncomfortable. He probably felt like an idiot for coming all this way for me.

“I should go, I guess I’ll see you around”.
Dante said walking out of the reception building. I sighed turning back to Jimmy.
“I should have told you about Dante.”
I said leading Jimmy from the building.
“Is that all that happened?”

He asked once we were in the court yard. I nodded to him.
“Yeah, I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. But that night I had a really bad nightmare. All of Raven’s followers were there. And Dante was there, he was changed into a Necromancer. He is going to be converted”.
I shuttered at the words sitting down on a bench. Jimmy sat on the other side of me holding my hand in his.

“Jail bate, I’m sorry”.
Jimmy whispered. I laced my fingers with his with mine and I smiled up at him.
“Jimmy. This isn’t your fault, what happened to me isn’t your fault”.
He shook his head grazing his hand along my jawline.
“But it is my fault, I was supposed to protect you, I am your vampire and it’s my job to keep you protected”.

I smiled up at him as he moved in closer to me and for a moment, his brilliant blue eyes were a deep vibrant shade of sapphire blue. My heart clutched in that moment as I saw him as Dracula the first vampire. I remembered in that moment, I remembered someone killing him. Someone I trusted, someone who wanted to see me suffer more than Raven. Raven wanted to claim me, to own me as his prized position. His weapon against his creators. But this man whose face I couldn’t quite make out hated me. Pure raw vivid hate beyond anything I’ve ever experienced. A hate so strong that it’s energy alone could kill me. I saw myself screaming and crying as I held his body in my arms.

I saw the dagger I used from his belt and ready to kill myself and then, I heard her voice. Nyx my mother soothing my pain. “You cannot revive what is dead, but you can create new life daughter. A new life that is not mortal, He will never be human again so long as you remain here with him. But he will always be yours”.

Her words soothed me and I knew what I needed to do. I sliced into my lower lip and moved in kissing Jimmy’s lifeless body as I held him close. My blood filling his mouth. Pulling back I then summoned earth to protect Jimmy’s body until he was revived, reborn anew.

“Jail Bate?”
Jimmy’s voice pulled me back from the memory, I was slumped forwards a little his hands firm gripping my shoulders, I lifted my eyes to fix on him tears coming to them as I cupped the sides of his face and smiled at him tears rolling down my cheeks.
“I remember, I remember how you changed, how I made you a vampire”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3