Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Twenty-two Jimmy

Chapter Twenty-two
Jimmy

We walked through the grave yard with flashlights trying to find Arin’s grave. Brian kept pace with me looking at his cell every now and then.
“What is your fuckin problem?”
I smirked at him. Brian snickered to himself.
“I’m worried, Alexus hasn’t texted me back, she normally answers texts for Harlyn.”
Matt laughed shaking his head.

“Poor kid, you’ve probably traumatized her”.
I laughed as Brian narrowed his eyes at Matt playfully.
“Screw you man”.
Zacky sighed shaking his head walking ahead of the group.
“If it means anything Avery’s not answering me either”.
Zacky said, Johnny nodded in agreement with Zacky.
“Yeah, Elle isn’t answering anything I send her either”.
I took out my phone stopping in my tracks and sending a text to Krissi. She always answered me. I waited and there was no answer. This caught me off guard. Krissi always answered my text messages.

Matt turned to the group.
“Hey I found him! Full moon should be shining its light here any minute”.
Matt called to us. I looked away from my phone long enough to see the dirt over the grave shift. We all walked over to where Matt stood waiting on Arin to rise from the grave. He’d need to be taken right back to the school. I watched as Arin emerged with blood red eyes of a new born vamp. Matt and Brian pulling him up. I looked back to my phone narrowing my eyes.

“You guys get him back to the school.”
I said before taking off from the grave yard. I could feel it in my stomach something was wrong with Krissi. As I ran towards the gates of the grave yard I felt someone was watching me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. His raven black hair touched to his shoulders, his eyes were like glowing moonstones. Dressed in black armor suited to a king he moved forwards and I knew who he was instantly. We’d met before. I dropped to my knees in front of him.

“Erebus?”
I breathed. He nodded to me as he stood before me.
“It has indeed been a long time old friend. Your eternal struggle to stay at my daughter’s side reminds me just how strong love can be. Between two beings. I fear your struggle will not end for some time. However, with the death of my warrior I have made a choice that affects you directly James”.
I looked up at him scared he would strip me of my bond to Krissi. The other guys lined up behind me none of them speaking a word as they all gaped at Erebus.

“I God of darkness, son of Chaos hear by gift you, James Owen Sullivan with the powers and responsibilities of darkness”.
Erebus spoke with all the authority and power of a god as he pressed his finger to my forehead and I felt the jolt of power surge through me slumping forwards when it was over. Zacky and Johnny helping me up. I looked at Erebus.
“The responsibility of darkness is simple James. Protect the light, conceal it from those who would seek to destroy or harm it. And always honor it, for without Light, there is no darkness”.

I blacked out after hearing those words. When I woke again I was back in the dorms. My head was throbbing in pain, I got up to get a look at myself and froze at the sight before me. I had a black full moon with two half-moons back to back on either side of the full moon just like Krissi. But there was no tiara interknit design it was just the center symbols. Erebus had marked me and gifted me with darkness. In the history of Vamps none of have ever been gifted by a god or goddess. Which meant as Krissi’s vampire and consort, as her true love I was just as important as she was.

The responsibility of darkness has always been to protect the light. I remembered Erebus’s words to me and that was when I got a head splitting pain falling back I clutched my head seeing visions of the warlock academy I believed it was called “Blackwood” or something. The girls were there and there was fire. Krissi on her knees in the center of the flames. And Raven standing behind her with his arms seductively draped around her.

I growled as the vision continued. A bloody sword held by a strange man with white blond hair. The same guy Krissi had seen. Raven holds Krissi in place while the man raises his blade and drives it through her body. I roared with rage fighting the vision as I got up.

“Jimmy?”
Zacky and Johnny appeared in the doorway. I looked at them and they jumped back.
“Shit dude you’ve got something on your forehead”.
Zacky said looking scared. I got up moving past them.
“Holy shit! Erebus gifted you didn’t he?”
Johnny said running to keep up with me.

“I can’t talk, the girls are in danger, more importantly Krissi is in danger”.
I took the keys to my car and headed for the parking lot. Not caring if the others tagged along. I was going to get Krissi back. Damien would not take her again. And neither would Raven or this other fucker that I still didn’t know anything about other than his hair color. But he felt familiar to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3