Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Six Jimmy

Chapter Six
Jimmy

I watched as Athena paced in front of me. Sighing to myself, I knew I was screwed but I was also fucking pissed off. She could have done something about the whole Brian thing and she didn’t.
“What am I going to do with you? You attacked a member of your coven”.
I narrowed my eyes.
“With good reason! He can’t be Krissi’s consort! She’s not the type of girl to do that shit. She won’t be sleeping with both of us!”

I snarled at her getting to my feet now. My anger was too much for me.
“It’s bad enough I have Raven and Damien trying to get between us! But now my best fucking friend!”
Athena frowned at me shaking her head lightly.
“Jimmy, Krissi’s heart is devoted to you and only you. If a Consort is not “Accepted” within the cycle of the moon. And that alchemist already has a consort then the new consort will no longer be attached to her”.

I narrowed my eyes again at her words.
“You mean if she doesn’t sleep with him. He’ll move on to someone else because she already has me?”
Athena sighed lightly giving a nod.
“Yes Jimmy. However this could be a different situation. You see, Brian’s new alchemist is involved with someone else right now”.

I crossed my arms.
“Are you fucking kidding me? So what Krissi’s a backup until the actual Alchemist is free?”
Athena frowned at me.
“I wish you wouldn’t put it that way. But yes, this is the work of Nyx, Krissi’s mother is at work here and she often works in mysterious ways”.
I growled to myself as I started to pace the room running my hands back through my hair.
“So I’m not fucking good enough for her daughter? Where the fuck was she when Raven was torturing her? When she fucking sacrificed herself!”
I roared taking my anger out on Nyx now. Athena frowned at me.

“James”.
“Everything ok in here?”
A voice I hadn’t heard in months asked. Athena’s vampire and consort Valentine walked into the room standing at his six foot six. His long dark hair pulled back from his face. He kissed Athena’s cheek and she smiled at him.
“My love, I am so glad you’re here. James was just expressing his anguish over the recent developments with his Alchemist and Brian”.
Valentine sighed.
“Yeah, I was hoping to tell you myself”.

Valentine was the Headmaster in charge of vampires. He clapped me on the back.
“Come on, let’s grab a beer and talk about this”.
I nodded following after him. I could use a drink about now. Hell I could use a lot of them. Valentine and I sat at the bar he ordered us a couple of beers.
“I know it’s hard. I know I’d kill the fucker who tried to take Athena from me. But you gotta stay calm. As hard as it is to hear. Brian is only reacting this way now because of the council until his true Alchemist is no longer occupied”.
I shook my head.
“I won’t let them use Krissi this way! And Brian doesn’t even fucking love her?”

Valentine sighed.
“I didn’t say that”.
He brought his bottle to his lips and my eyes narrowed to slits.
“There has to be some form of attraction for the incantation to work. Brian’s actions are one’s he would take if he was under the influence of something beyond him. It’s the fates calling the shots Jimmy. Things have to play out for them to fall into place. It’s going to cause a lot of pain to Krissi and someone else in the coming days”.
I frowned at him.
“What are you talking about? What’s going to cause Krissi pain?”
Valentine looked at me and sighed shaking his head.
“The death of a dear friend and brother, but that’s all I can say. This can’t be prevented, if it is Brian will officially become Krissi’s second Consort and be compelled to have relations with him”.

I growled inwardly feeling like the world’s biggest asshole. I was willing to let someone die to save my relationship with Krissi. I finished my beer and headed back towards the dorm. There was nothing else I could do. I walked across the grounds coming to a stop as I saw her. Krissi standing with Night laughing and talking. She nudged him as they walked while he smiled at her the way an older brother smiled at his sister. And then it hit me like a sucker punch to the stomach. Night.
Krissi smiled seeing me.

“Hey”.
She said holding up a grape skittle in her hand and popping it into my mouth for me when I opened it.
“Hey”.
I said between crunching on the candy as I slipped my arms around her waist. I looked at Night.
“Goddess it seems you are in good hands”.
He fisted his hand to his heart.
“I will leave you now”.
Krissi smiled at him.
“Don’t’ stay up too late with Harlyn we have dress shopping tomorrow!”
She called after him. That was when it hit me. Harlyn. The fates where working with Nyx and Hecate to gift Harlyn a vampire consort. And that consort was going to be Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3