‹ Prequel: The New World 4
Sequel: The New World 6
Status: Complete. Season 6 later this year!

The New World 5

Ch.11

That evening when Daryl came back from the motorcycle test run, Sabrina had pulled him into the bedroom that was 'theirs' and shut the door. She didn't even know where to begin with the conversation as she sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh.

"What's wrong shorty?"

"I don't even know where to begin Daryl..."

Daryl rested his crossbow against the nightstand as he sat down next to his wife. "Sabrina, what's goin' on?"

"Before I tell you, please tell me Aaron's not going to want you to go out beyond the gate tomorrow to recruit. You need to be here..."

"What the hell did I miss taday?"

Running her finger through her hair, Sabrina looked over at him. "Long story short, I think Rick's going to do something to get us all kicked out. Sam, Jessie and Pete's son wanted one of the guns that Carol got so his mother could be protected." She sighed before continuing. "Carol went to their house and Pete wouldn't let Jessie or Sam go to the door...meaning-"

"Meanin' he's abusin' his ol' lady 'nd son. Great."

Sabrina nodded. "So giving the way Rick's acted in the past, we're going to need all hands on deck if he does something..."

"Dammit...'m sorry Sabrina...I gotta tell ya somethin'..." Daryl spoke softly as he held her, rubbing her back comfortingly. "Aaron wants ta go on a recruit run tanight."

"But what about Rick?"

"I'll try my damnest ta be here by morning tha' way we have enough man power ta handle Rick."

"And if you're not?..." Sabrina started getting teary eyed.

"Then we hope Rick doesn't do nothin'. Sure Michonne will keep him in check."

Giving a small nod, Sabrina threw herself into Daryl's chest, crying hysterically. Daryl tensed up as he wrapped his arms around her, even though the two of them have been together for a while, Daryl still wasn't one hundred percent sure on how to be comforting. Not only that but he didn't know how to deal with pregnant hormonal women...sure Lori was regnant and hormonal but he kept his distance from her. But Sabrina was his wife, he had to be there for her. After Sabrina finally calmed her sobs down, the two of them laid on the bed still wrapped up in each other's arms. Before Sabrina fell asleep, Daryl whispered his I love you to her and kissed her forehead before heading off to recruit.

Sabrina slept all night and was awoken by the smell of food, giving off a groan she laid there for a few. Sitting up, her head began to swim, cold sweat and her stomach started turning, Sabrina stood quickly and headed to the bathroom to throw her guts up. One thing Sabrina didn't miss was morning sickness, she had horrible morning sickness when she was pregnant with Anna and she was hoping it wasn't going to be the same way. Finally picking herself up off the bathroom floor, flushing the toilet and cleaning herself up a little she headed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning."

"Morning Carol, what are you making?"

"A casserole for Pete." Carol said then looked to Sabrina to see a confused look. "It's the only way I can get into the house and tell him to straighten up."

"That makes sense then." Sabrina yawned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Just be careful."

"I will. And Sabrina..."

"What is it?"

"I would've told you last night but I wanted you to spend some time with Daryl and get some sleep but...Noah was killed and Tara's in pretty bad shape."

Frowning deeply, Sabrina's eyes started watering. "Are you sure?"

Carol nodded with a frown. "I'm afraid so Sabrina." She went to Sabrina and hugged her. "How 'bout I fix you something, I'm sure you're starving."

"Not really but I know I have to eat, it's not just me that I have to take care of."

Carol nodded as she turned back to the stove to make Sabrina something to eat. While carol cooked an omelet for Sabrina, a silence was around them. Sabrina was trying to wrap her head around everything that had happened but couldn't at this point. She jumped when a plate was set down in front of her.

"Sorry."

"It's alright." She smiled softly at Carol a she picked up a fork to dig into breakfast.

Carol finally picked up the cool casserole dish and put it in the fridge. "I'll give it to him later but for now, I'm going to take a walk to scout things out."

Sabrina nodded. "Alright, just be careful."

Carol left the house while Sabrina ate her omelet slowly, letting it satisfy her. She hadn't had something like this taste so god for a long time and she wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Once it was gone she stood up from the table, taking her plate to the sink to rinse it but ended up doing the dishes that were piled into the sink. Once that was done Sabrina decided to tidy up the house a bit so it looked more presentable if someone that wasn't from group decided to come over. After doing a light dusting she rested on the couch for a bit, it wasn't long enough until she heard a commotion outside. Standing up she looked out the window but couldn't see anything so Sabrina decided to go outside to see what was going on. As she walked towards the sounds of the commotion she shook her head, if Daryl was here right now, he'd be scolding her for going out of the house to see what was going on. He'd tell her to stay inside where it's safe until he got back from investigating...but Daryl wasn't here and hopefully nobody would tell him that she decided to see what was going on. Sabrina gasped and started running down the road to the two bodies wrestling on the ground. it was like the whole town was there watching the fight between Pete and Rick.

"Dammit!" Sabrina hissed as she saw Pete on top of Rick, the both of them having their hands at each others' throats.

Everything was in slow motion as she watched Pete punched Jessie away. Rick ended up getting the upper hand, turning to where he was on top of Pete now. She went closer to the fight as she saw Rick push Carl away harshly.

"Carl, come here." Sabrina called out.

Sabrina put her hands on Carl's shoulders in a protective yet comforting manner as they watched the scuffle. Rick finally got a good choke hold on Pete and Deanna's voice could be heard. Hearing hurried footsteps coming towards them, Sabrina turned her head to see Glenn and Nicholas coming and stopping to see what was going on. Turning her attention back to the men on the ground she heard Deanna finally yell.

"Dammit, Rick! I said stop!"

"Or what?" Rick said, standing up quickly on wobbly legs as he pulled his gun out. "You gonna kick me out?" He asked going into a kneeling position.

"Put that gun down, Rick." Deanna said calmly

"You still don't get it. None of you do! We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't. You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here."

"That's never been more clear to me than it is right now."

Sabrina had gotten the "oh shit, here we go" face once those words fell out of Deanna's mouth. She looked over at Michonne, who looked over to Sabrina then the two of them looked back to Rick.

"Me? Me? You-You mean- you mean me?" Rick laughed almost insane. "Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by-"

Sabrina flinched some when Michonne, out of no where went up and decked Rick, knocking him out. Everything got extremely quiet as the group looked at Deanna's group and visa versa.

"I want everyone to go back to your homes. We'll have a meeting about all of this once everything's cooled down." Deanna commanded.

"C'mon Carl, let's get to the house." Sabrina patted his shoulders gently. "Michonne will take care of him."

The two of them walked back to the house in silence. Sabrina couldn't believe it, Rick went insane and now possibly got the whole group kicked out because of his actions. That meant Sabrina and Daryl's unborn child wouldn't be safe...and Daryl would never forgive Rick for that. The only thing on Sabrina's mind was what the hell was going to happen now?