Status: Active

The Beach

Hold on until midnight.

I chuckled as Jack sniffed and looked me up and down. My mind and thoughts were all over the place. Should I do this? Is it too soon to forgive him? He is standing right in front of me after all this time, what the heck? I have nowhere to go. There's nothing to lose.

"You have a lot of explaining to do" I said and he nodded frantically. I blushed as he stared at me.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I understand if you don't want to forgive me but just- I needed to see you" He said nervously.

"How about we go for a coffee and chat for a while?" I suggested, craving coffee all of the sudden. He nodded and I told him I had to change clothes to which he blushed and left the room closing the door behind him.

I could hear Matt and him chatting at the other side of the door. Jack thanking Matt for everything.

-

"It isn't the best place for coffee but Matt and I come here almost every day. They have great buns and sandwiches too" I said as we sat down at a comfortable booth at the end of the cafe. Jack sat beside me, a little too far away for my liking.

"It's cute, I like it" He said smiling as he looked around the place. It was old fashioned and covered in vintage posters and furniture. I thought he would like it.

"Jack" I called, drawing his attention towards me. He faced me and raised his eyebrows, what? "You can come closer to me, if you want" I said blushing. I didn't know how to act around him now that I had him close to me.

"Sorry" He muttered under his breath and moved closer to me, our shoulders almost touching.

The waitress walked towards us and asked if we were ready to order.

"I want a latte and a chocolate croissant with custard on the side" I said and looked over at Jack, who chuckled at my order beside me. "Jack?"

"Uh, I want the same, without the custard" He said and I smiled at him.

"Perfect" The waitress winked at me and walked away. Jack glared at her and I laughed.

"Funny, huh?" He said glaring at me now.

"Jealous already?" I grinned at him to what he scoffed and turned his head away from me.

"Nah, why would I be?" He said.

"Sure" I smiled and we did some small chat before the waitress came back with our orders. Jack glared at her again.

She slipped a piece of paper with her number on it under my cup of coffee and I stared at her. Jack tensed up so I placed my hand on his thigh, squeezing it lightly to give him some sort of reassurance.

"My boyfriend didn't ask for custard, sorry" I smiled at her and looked back at Jack. "Right, babe?" He smiled at me, that stupid adoring smile on his face.

"Yeah." He looked at her. "I didn't ask custard, sorry" She smiled back and mumbled an apology before taking his plate away to remove the custars on it.

I squeezed his thigh again and grinned at him before he put his hand on top of mine and linked our fingers together. We smiled at each other and started eating what we ordered, hand in hand.

-

"So, have you decided what to do yet?" Jack asked as we walked downhill, nowhere in particular. 

"About what?" I asked dumbfolded. 

"You know, if you are coming with me or not" He said as we approached Matt's house. I thought about it for a second. I had nowhere to go, no one to stay with, and Matt wasn't my boyfriend. Even though I loved him as a friend, I didn't want to be a burden to his family. I looked at Jack straight in the eyes. I was causing so much trouble to everyone that I wanted to melt down right in front of him and disappear. With little money and a bag full of my only belongings, I smiled up to him and nodded. He grinned and gave me a one arm hug and kissed my hair. I had never felt so safe in my entire life. 

"Come on, let's go get your things" He said and linked our fingers together as we walked into the porch. 

"What, now? It's like eight, how long is the train ride? Wait, do your parents even know about this? Fuck, I feel horrible I'm not sure if this is a good idea" I started panicking, thoughts and ideas going and coming to my mind. What am I supposed to do? I'm moving from house to house like a homeless kid looking for comfort. I don't want to be anyone's responsability. I don't want Jack's parents to think I'm this horrible person who has ran away from their home. I don't want them to feel bad for me. 

"Hey, we had a fight because I didn't offer you my place to stay at when you ran away so that means you wanted me to. I would understand if you don't want to, I'm just asking" He looked at me with those big eyes, those sincere eyes. 

"What about your parents?" I asked. 

"My mum is okay with it and my dad- well, he'll come around" I gave him an apologetic smile and nodded. 

"C'mon" I followed him into the house.

-

"Have you got everything?" Matt asked as we stood at the train station waiting for our train. With my bag on my shoulder, I nodded and hugged him.

"Are you sure you're doing the right thing? You can stay at my place however long you'd want" He assured me and I chuckled.

"I know that, Matt, thanks. You are great" I gave him another short hug and walked away slowly, letting Jack say bye to him.

"Thanks for everything, Matt. I appreciate what you've done. Thanks for taking care of him" He said and hugged him briefly. Matt winked at me and I chuckled.

"Take care of him, yeah? And visit some time"

"Deal" Jack returned back to my side. We waved him goodbye and hopped onto the train.

"Have you got your ticket?" He asked.

"No, you have them" I said as we sat down, putting my bag on one of the seats in front of us.

"No, I bought yours and gave it to you. Shit, Alex. Check your pockets, quick!" Jack panicked and started searching through his pockets and our bags like a crazy person.

"Jack-"

"Alex, we can't leave without our tickets!"

"Jack-"

"Alex!"

"Jack, I've got them!" I said shoving them onto his face and laughing.

"Ugh, I hate you" He said rolling his eyes and flopping onto his seat.

"Nah, you don't" I laughed and sat down beside him, taking his hand in mine and linking our fingers.

"You're right" He sighed and leaned his head against my shoulder. I looked down at him as he closed his eyes.

Damn, I can't wait to kiss him.

-

We arrived to his place quite late at night, at around 5AM, and his mum was up and waiting for us by the front door.

"Hi, mum" Jack blushes and walked me up to his porch and into the house where his mum hugged me. I hugged back, remembering how a mother's hug felt like.

"Hi, Alex. How was the train ride?" She said looking at me. I blushes and looked at Jack.

"It was fine mum, long. We are going to sleep. Have you sorted the rooms?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows together. Are we going to sleep in different rooma? Fuck, does Jack's mum not accept us as a couple? I don't think I can stay away from him now that I can have him close to me.

"Don't get worked up, Alex. You two will sort everything out upstairs, make sure you're quiet because dad is sleeping" She said and hugged us goodnight. "Welcome to our home, Alex"

"Thanks" I said and smiled up at her.

"Are you tired?" Jack asked me and I nodded with a pout. He smiled and lead me to what I guessed was his bedroom. It was a big room with a king size room, a desk, wardrobe etc. I realised this was not his room by what had I seen on skype so I told him so.

"Yeah, no. This is the spare room. My room is smaller than this one and since you're moving here at least for a while.. Well, we thought we could share the room instead of staying in different rooms. My room is still intact, if you want to see it or stay in there" He explained as he flopped on the bed.

"Nope, thanks. I think I'll be just fine here with you" I said and sat down beside him, wrapping my arms around him and burying my face on his chest. I felt him chuckle and he lifted my chin, making me look up at him. It's coming. It's time.

He stared into my eyes, chocolate brown eyes adoring mine.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered milimetres away from my face.

"Of course" I mumbled and closed the gap between us. Our lips molded together, innocent moves and heavy breathing the only thing we could hear. I slowly pulled away, ducking my face to the side, blushing like crazy.

"Finally" I breathed.

"Finally" He mumbled.

We changed into our pajamas and got under the covers. He turned the light off and wrapped his arms around me, nuzzled his face in the back of my neck and took a long breath before relaxing beside me.

My hand met his, and I liked our fingers over my stomach. After so many sleepless nights and restless days, I sighed contently, breathing him in and leaning against his touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helo. Ya still read this?