Status: Active

The Beach

Say goodbye before you leave

JACK'S POV

My mum wanted Alex to apply for college along with me for the remaining time of the course but he refused the idea, saying he didn't have the money for it and that he would not let my mum pay for his education, so when we sat at the dining table on Sunday, my parents, Alex and I came to the conclusion that Alex would eventually have to look for a job if he wanted to move in with us for the long run. He agreed completely, claiming that he had that idea in mind as well. 

-

Sundays were lazy days for both of us, so we laid in bed thinking about everything and anything just like we did when we were apart from each other. 

"What are we doing today?" Alex asked from the bed, where he was laid.

"I have no idea. What do you want to do? Oh shit, I should probably do homework, I have class tomorrow" I stressed but he apparently found it funny. "What are you laughing at?" I pouted and moved to sit beside him. He smiled up at me and grabbed my hips making me sit on his lap. He placed his hands on my lower back and pulled me close to him. 

"We should do this" He whispered and I automatically cupped his face bringing him closer and kissing him softly before pulling away. "And more of this" He said before kissing me again. I laughed and smacked his hand away when he squeezed my butt but he was quick to wrap his arms around me and bring me down onto the bed with him. I supported myself on my elbows as we kissed, until my dad opened the door and coughed awkwardly. 

I turned my head around and gave him a nervous smile, my parents had never seen me doing anything like this before so it was definitely an awkward situation.

"Keep your hands to yourself while we are home, Alex" He started, half serious. "And Jack, mum wants to talk to you downstairs" He motioned for me to leave with his head. I frowned, telling Alex I would be back in a second before getting up from the bed and going downstairs to find my mum watching TV in the living room. 

"What?" She turned around at the sound of my voice echoing the room, she was waiting for me. 

"Alex's parents called us earlier" She said with a sympathetic smile. 

"What" My eyes widened, I couldn't believe her. "How did they even figure out where he is?"

"Apparently they pressured his friends into telling them, I don't know. They want him to go back home" She said calmly, she knew that wouldn't have been a good idea.

"Mum, he can't go back. Who knows what they would do to him" I whispered.

"Jack- Are you saying they are physical with him?" She asked softly. I just nodded my head and frowned, the idea of Alex having to go through that making me feel sick to my stomach. 

"He doesn't have to go back but he must talk to his parents. They're worried" My mum insisted but she didn't know what she was talking about. 

"Mum, he's an adult he can do whatever he wants. And trust me, they are not worried" I scoffed. 

"Just try to fix this, okay? I won't get in-between you two but tell him he needs to sort things out" She warned me with a very known look and I nodded. Sighing, I went upstairs and stared at him leaning against the door. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" He said, eyes locked on his phone as he typed away. 

"Who are you texting?" I asked and sat down next to him. 

"My friends. Apparently my parents talked to Danny's parents or something" He shrugged his shoulders. 

"What did they talk about?" I wondered. 

"They asked where I'm staying and stuff but apparently he didn't tell them shit, I'm glad" He shrugged and I sat on the bed next to him.

"He actually did.. They have contacted my parents and told them they want you to go back home" His head snapped towards me, his eyes wide and mouth hanging.

"Are you freaking serious?"

"Yeah.." I flopped onto the bed, not having the energy to do anything other but lie down, and Alex laid on his baxk too.

"I'm not going home" He stated looking at the ceiling, his fingers linked together on top of his stomach.

"I know but my mum wanted me to talk to you about it"

"And try to convince me of going back?" He looked at me this time, probably to make sure if I was telling the truth or not.

"No, no" I grabbed his hand and linked it in mine. "They know what's going on back there and she said she's happy to have you here but your parents could call the police and tell them you're here or something, so she just wants you to talk to your parents and figure something out"

"I don't want to talk to them" He said childishly. I gave him a shympathetic look. 

"Come on, Alex, you know you have to face them sooner or later"

"Not exactly face them.."

"Call them, okay? Right now. I'll give you a few minutes" I kissed his cheek and left the room closing the door behind me. I sighed and went back downstairs where my mum was sat watching TV in the living room. 

"Hey Jack" She said and patted the spot next to her. 

"Hey. He's going to call them"

"I'm glad. How are you two doing now that you're together?"

"Great, to be honest. It's just weird because you know.. I've never had a boyfriend before and it's all new for me"

"Has he had boy-"

"No, he's dated girls before though. I'm his first boyfriend"

"So you're on the same page then"

"Kind of.. Though he has had a girlfriend for like a year and something, so he knows how all this works" 

"You'll figure it out too, Jack. Just give it time and take it easy" She smiled.

"Yeah.. I'm just scared I won't know what to do as a boyfriend" 

"You'll figure it out"

"I'm going to go check on him"

"Alright. Good luck!" She called after me. I walked upstairs and found Alex talking on the phone. 

"Yeah okay, I'll talk to him ... No mum ... I'm fine, yeah ... Can we talk about this some other time? ... Yeah I'll visit next weekend ... Okay, bye" He hung up and turned to me, then instantly rolled his eyes and thew himself onto the bed. I laughed and joined him on the other side and linked my fingers with Alex's. 

"How did it go?"

"Well enough. I talked to my mum but I have to call my dad later because he's at work at the moment. She said we need to talk things through and that my dad is willing to take me back"

"So you're going to go back home if he asks you to?" He asked looking at him in the eyes. 

"I doubt he'll ask me to go back to be honest. And I'm not sure what I'd do, I don't want to go back"

"Then don't. Stay with me" I clinged onto his arms and he laughed. 

"I will until they drag me back"

"Hm good" I hummed and kissed his arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this chapter is shit and I'll probably edit it some time this week but I'm more focused on one of my other stories called "The boy by the window" go read it pls. But yeah, sorey and I hope you like it, I just wanted to update this.